Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:07 pm

Bit disappointed with Walcott's sparse introduction back into the squad, maybe Wenger thinks he's off the pace but I've been waiting ages for our WF's to get back and Theo's only played 30mins if that.

Makes me think with Pod as well that it will be half the season where we won't have had any WF's, but then again we're top so I can't complain too much.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Diaby24AFC » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:47 pm

We're on a good streak. Maybe Wenger doesn't want to interrupt that by breaking up the starting XI

He's been doing changes but they've been like for like. I think adding a new dimension like Walcott into the team changes things up drastically. I'm not saying it will worsen the team but it will definitely change how they play in one way or another
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Kalnage » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:55 pm

Diaby24AFC wrote:We're on a good streak. Maybe Wenger doesn't want to interrupt that by breaking up the starting XI

He's been doing changes but they've been like for like. I think adding a new dimension like Walcott into the team changes things up drastically. I'm not saying it will worsen the team but it will definitely change how they play in one way or another

This.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Plus it's a nice option to have, bringing Walcott on in the last 20 minutes or so against tired legs.
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:21 pm

I would start Cazorla. His dip in form is unfortunate, but he needs playing time to get back to his best. He can be subbed out at 60 mins if he's not making an impact.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Kalnage wrote:
Diaby24AFC wrote:We're on a good streak. Maybe Wenger doesn't want to interrupt that by breaking up the starting XI

This.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Plus it's a nice option to have, bringing Walcott on in the last 20 minutes or so against tired legs.

Usually I'd agree, but not this time, Walcott's offering of pace especially in this team has rarely been anything but a good thing and our current play has gone begging many times as we've not had a direct mobile attacker who can attack the opposition's defenders.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:54 pm

doubt wenger will start walcott, fact he didnt start against hull hurts his chances and his touches were poor when he came on. for a big game like this am certain wilshere/rosicky will get the nod
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
Arteta - Ramsey
Walcott - Ozil - Wilshere
Giroud

Fabianski
Vermaelen
Monreal
Flamini
Rosicky
Cazorla
Bendtner
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Callum wrote:
Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
Arteta - Ramsey
Walcott - Ozil - Wilshere
Giroud

Fabianski
Vermaelen
Monreal
Flamini
Rosicky
Cazorla
Bendtner

Swap Caz with Wilshire, who is shifted to the right for Walcott. Bring him on at 60mins depending on the situation and im happy. Still think Walcott is too far off the pace to warrant a start atm.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:33 pm

Everytime Theo's come on it's offered a different dimension and we've looked a threat down that right hand side. Set up the third vs Cardiff too. I'd play him from the start, Wilshere can bench it.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:03 am

Mesüt wrote:Everytime Theo's come on it's offered a different dimension and we've looked a threat down that right hand side. Set up the third vs Cardiff too. I'd play him from the start, Wilshere can bench it.

Wilshere's been in form the last couple of games though he should definitely get a start and I think that rest he got against Hull was for this game.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:28 am

Szczesny
Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Gibbs
Flamini-Ramsey
Wilshere-Ozil-Cazorla
Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Arteta, Rosicky, Walcott, Bendtner
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Zedie » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:44 am

Lukaku is clearly the biggest threat, but I think kos and merts can deal with the different aspects of his game.

I actually have much love for martinez. What hes done at everton really shows what moyes lacks as a manager.

This is going to be a cracker, im just hoping we arent in for a park the bus type of game. Having said that, has anyone else noticed that our sideways passing thing has kind of elevated now that we have players capable of threading a ball through?

In years past, we used to just keep knocking the ball sideways almost as if players didnt want it. Now, ozil rosicky wilshire ramsey etc seem to do it just to coax a defender into attacking the ball, and then either attacking the space left or passing into a team mate that was waiting for the space.

Rarely does it look like we are doing it aimlessly with no other options nowadays.

I just love how the team are playing at the moment!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:52 am

Our midfileders will be too hard for them to contain. We need to be more clinical up front.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Apollo » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:38 am

AFC10 wrote:
Mesüt wrote:Everytime Theo's come on it's offered a different dimension and we've looked a threat down that right hand side. Set up the third vs Cardiff too. I'd play him from the start, Wilshere can bench it.

Wilshere's been in form the last couple of games though he should definitely get a start and I think that rest he got against Hull was for this game.

Yup Wilshere's really been at it, its going to be an interesting positional battle for the rest of the season i rate, plus I do love watching me some tired legs vs Fresh Walcott.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Git » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:21 pm

Sagna is out for this and Napoli. Possibly back for City.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14