Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby AFC10 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Massa wrote:Ozil so good at that

Cazorla use to be the best at it but seems to obvious now.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Popey » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:10 pm

No1Fan wrote:everton really didnt deserve anything they hardly created an chances and just passed the ball around hopelessly.

Giroud was absolutely diabolical and my opinion of his performance could have been far worse if ozil didnt score after his shocking miss. The sooner we get rid of him the better he isnt the only stirker who knows how to pass or do flicks but he must be one of the only strikers that miss at such a ridiculous rate. He's hardly ever in the box (for his shot that hit the bar at the end he shouldnt have even been there he should have been in the box attacking the cross prior) and he cannot beat a man . I'm not usually one to criticise our players but i've had it with giroud, he's complete garbage and i dont even want him here as a second choice. Sick and tired of the excuses people make for him too, he isnt the only slow striker in the world others can use good positioning and movement to cause havoc all giroud does is lurk far post im not sure why hr never receives the ball there. The guy hardly scores headers and hardly scores the sooner we replace him the better.

...okey...so you watched the game?

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GSK_AFC » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Popey wrote:
No1Fan wrote:everton really didnt deserve anything they hardly created an chances and just passed the ball around hopelessly.

Giroud was absolutely diabolical and my opinion of his performance could have been far worse if ozil didnt score after his shocking miss. The sooner we get rid of him the better he isnt the only stirker who knows how to pass or do flicks but he must be one of the only strikers that miss at such a ridiculous rate. He's hardly ever in the box (for his shot that hit the bar at the end he shouldnt have even been there he should have been in the box attacking the cross prior) and he cannot beat a man . I'm not usually one to criticise our players but i've had it with giroud, he's complete garbage and i dont even want him here as a second choice. Sick and tired of the excuses people make for him too, he isnt the only slow striker in the world others can use good positioning and movement to cause havoc all giroud does is lurk far post im not sure why hr never receives the ball there. The guy hardly scores headers and hardly scores the sooner we replace him the better.

I agree with him tbf, they didn't really create anything.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:13 pm

Agreed ^
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Popey » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:15 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Popey wrote:

but can't say that they didn't deserve a point. apart maybe from dortmund this was the strongest performance a team had against us this season

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Everton played very well but people exaggerate - I saw Danny Mills saying that they "dominated" us in the first half. Sure, they were the better side, but much of that was because we made sloppy pass after sloppy pass and they didn't even create one real chance or shot on target. We had the better chances and in the end it was only a piece of brilliance from a great player who denied us.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby S&W the no1Fan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Popey wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Popey wrote:

but can't say that they didn't deserve a point. apart maybe from dortmund this was the strongest performance a team had against us this season

we missed countless clear cut chances whilst they didnt even create one, we didnt deserve to draw that game.

With a better striker we would have won by 2 or 3 goals but unfortunately we had giroud
S&W the no1Fan
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Popey » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:21 pm

No1Fan wrote:
Popey wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Popey wrote:

we missed countless clear cut chances whilst they didnt even create one, we didnt deserve to draw that game.

With a better striker we would have won by 2 or 3 goals but unfortunately we had giroud

we had 5 shots on target they had 4. we had 18 crosses, everton 17 crosses...

and also the first half was neary their half. second was mainly ours...but I couldn't find the statistiks possession

but I see we have different opinions on that one

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:26 pm

They had a lot of chances but couldnt find the cutting edge.

They outplayed us in the first half then matched us at a minimum in the second.

Choosing to remember it another way doesnt make it any less true.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:34 pm

f***ing lol at the bias here

1-1 is a fair result.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Zëdië wrote:They had a lot of chances but couldnt find the cutting edge.

but if we had messi we wud hav won 7-1

wenger out
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:51 pm

It's not bias, Everton didn't create much for all their possession in the first half. They created all their chances in the second half, mostly after we scored too. We had the more frequent, better, easier chances to score, we failed to put them away. Howard played very well and was their best player imo.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Callum wrote:
Zëdië wrote:They had a lot of chances but couldnt find the cutting edge.

but if we had messi we wud hav won 7-1

wenger out

Rvp would have got hatricks in the last 5 games like he di..... oh.

Moyes in
Last edited by Zedie on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Mesüt wrote:It's not bias, Everton didn't create much for all their possession in the first half. They created all their chances in the second half, mostly after we scored too. We had the more frequent, better, easier chances to score, we failed to put them away. Howard played very well and was their best player imo.

Going by the ratings thread, most people believe giroud was completely shit and howard had nothing to do with it.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby defcon2005 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 pm

on another day giroud could have had a couple of goals and been a hero would that make him any better or worse a player?
he's the best and only option we have so why dont we just back him instead of all the griping,,,he could be the hero in the next game
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14