Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Re: Arsenal 1-1 Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:53 am

Dejan wrote:f***ing lol at the bias here

1-1 is a fair result.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 am

deipnosophist wrote:Hi Gunners fans from an Evertonian

Excellent game of football ...up there with our clash against Liverpool. To be honest, I would say you created more clear cut opportunities than us but only a curmudgeon would deny a draw was a fair result. There was so much intensity and passion and free flowing football. Both sides presented "the beautiful game" with distinction.

We have now played all the usual 'top of the league' suspects (last years top 7) and this week's 4 points v United and yourselves sees us in pretty good nick points-wise. It is way too early to be to overly 'table position-centric', but what a competition we have this season. It is going to be a shit fight of major proportions.

Good luck for your next BIG games (don't fancy you at Etihad but you should be Chelski)....see you all at Goodison in the New Year

Merry Christmas x

I would take this as a more accurate reflection on the game I watched on Sunday!

Everton fully deserved their draw IMO. Our sloppy passing was directly as a result of their hard work in forcing Arsenal to hurry their passing all day.

Monreal defends better. Gibbs attacks better. It depends on what kind of a full back you like. I prefer a defensive full back

Everton's goal was a dreadful catalogue of defensive errors IMO. Barkley rambled through 3 non-tackles. And Deolefeu walked around Gibbs as if he wasn't there - utterly pisspoor defending by Gibbs for the goal.

I thought Giroud was fouled as he went to pull the trigger for Ozils goal btw - and i dont like Giroud either!! But fair's fair - I thought it was a foul on him.

A point from that game was ok. Last season we would have lost it one nil.

I see nothing in Chelsea or City that lead me to believe they are better than the current Arsenal team - IF the current Arsenal team SHOW UP MENTALLY!

We were well beaten by Villa due to a lazy mentality both on and off the pitch.
We threw away a point at OT by our mental cowardice.
Everton matched us in every area on Sunday.

I will happily take three draws in the next three matches as it ensures that
a. we qualify as winners for the CL
b. neither Chelsea nor Citeh have taken more points off us
c. it would be an improvement on last seasons performances Vs Chelsea and Citeh

Come on guys - who would have thought we'd be 5 points clear of LIVERPOOL and gulp, 13, yes THIRTEEN clear of Man United at this point in the season, back in August! Seriously!

I'm maintaining my belief that if we finish ahead of Man United we will be Champions.
:1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Arsenal vs Everton | Premier League 8/12/13

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:18 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:Szczesny will score
Jenkinson will score
Kos will score
Mert will score
Gibbs will score
Arteta will score
Rambo will score
Ozil will score
Wilshere will score
Santi will score
Giroud will score

come at me starman

good call sir
come on ozil
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:54 am

1991 wrote:Two words: Bottle Job.

yes
just like 01/02 when we went in front late at home to 10 man bolton and drew 1-1
and the next home game when we went 3-2 up late v blackburn and could,nt see it out
featuring them legendary bottlers
seaman adams cole parlour vieira bergkamp henry keown pires
sometimes in a title winning season you have to take a point
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:47 am

mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
mg86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:Lol the reaction every time( every single time) we dont get 3 points.

What a game that was, thought we were good value for the win, created more actual chances tested Howard more and the last 5 seconds had me screaming like a bitch with the ball coming off the post.

Loved the substitutions and all three made an impact, pity about the deulofeu spectacular, but even after could have nicked it.

No ground lost over the weekend, had the toughest encounter, still comfortably on top. Satisfied
Said my piece

Back to knee jerk.

I would agree to an extent if we didn't have City/Chelsea next. That cushion was much needed

Im not afraid of Chelsea, City at home though is another matter.

We've never beaten Mou and no-one has beaten his side at the Bridge ever. Hell of a mental block and we didn't get over our one at OT

They really are not a great side, they are a top four side and nothing more. Their defence is horrid and they have zero strikers that can score

the city game is away the chelsea game is at home
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:06 am

DiamondGooner wrote:If we lose to both City & Chelsea we don't deserve the title (unless we have another amazing run).

I've got faith I think we'll get at least one result or two draws wouldn't be horrendous either, anything to stop those two bastard teams getting points anyway.

Also Wenger better think long and hard about getting us a striker in Jan, if he chooses against it I think he'll have thrown this season away.

Having Giroud as our only option is costing us when you look "what could of been" matches like today, look what Suarez and Aguero are doing for their clubs, where's our ST hero??

Ramsey is not our ST, it shouldn't be Ramsey doesn't score we don't win scenario, Aarons been covering up that weakness all fkin season.

Starting to get annoyed now, not blaming Giroud, I'm blaming that we have only one friggin ST, Bendtner does not count, he shouldn't even be here!

so we did,nt deserve to win the title in 97/98 when we lost 2-0 at sheffield wednesday and 1-0 at home to liverpool in consecutive league games?
if we finish with more points than anybody else we deserve to win the league
no need for hand wringing bollocks
starmandb

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14