Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Re: Cardiff vs Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:I'm still worried about Giroud, he's not looked great for a while now, you'd think with Ozil in the team he'd be in position to score more.

To be honest we as a team are not playing amazing at the moment anyway. Most of our games recently have been quite "meh". However, we're still winning and often comfortably at that. Let's not forget November is usually our dreaded month.

Obviously we'll need to pick it up a bit vs. Everton/City/Chelsea but we're winning alot of games at a canter. I'm amazed tbh.

best november since 05/06
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Kalnage wrote:
Dejan wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Dejan wrote:wenger f***ked up with the substitutes if you ask me.

yes a defensive midfielder who comes on and scores and theo who interchanges with ramsey to set up the 3rd
wenger has never been a great in game tacticion and his 65/70 min subs by rote are a little galling but it is not just captain hindsight that makes his decisions right yesterday.they were not so out of leftfield to be baffling.
what we have we hold is a much more acceptable tactic to you score 3 we will score 4
i am happy to see us executing a plan with greater inteligence.

too predictable.

I still stand by my point that the substitutions werent very logical ones. First of all he waited too long. Till Flamini came on Cardiff never looked like scoring, why on earth would you bring on a defensive midfielder for an attacking one when in the game all is left to finish them off? Their defence was f***ing terrible and we should of scored atleast 5 yesterday.
By taking off Flamini we basically invited them to come attack because you could tell we stopped giving attacking pressure when he gave on. And take note when I posted that, Theo wasnt on yet and if you looked my earlier post I posted you'll noticed that I wanted theo to come on much earlier.

Cazorla was very poor yesterday and should of been subbed way earlier. We should of brought on Theo on at minute 65th or earlier because their defence was up for the taking and him assisting after barely 2 minutes on the pitch proves my point.

What I am trying to say is that if you are the team thats fully on top and its just waiting for you to score the 2nd goal, it doesnt make very much sense to me to make a defensive substitute and allowing them to come.

You're honestly complaining about the substitutions, even though we went on to score two goals?! Barmy!

Correlation does not equal causation.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:50 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:Correlation does not equal causation.

It does when they guy who came on scored the goal.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Kalnage » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Callum wrote:

^Exactly, both subs played a part in the two goals.
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:01 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:By the sounds of that we usually would end up f***ing up around the 80th minute, good to see we saw it through.

we have,nt not won a game we have led on or after the 80th minute since the 2-2 fa cup draw at swansea last season
in the league since the 3-3 draw home to norwich may 2012
and away from home since fulham when we went down to 10 men and lost 2-1 january 2012
how is this usual?
its this nervous nellyness that needs to stop
starmandb

Re: Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Zëdië wrote:
Massa wrote:People are exaggerating how much people don't rate Giroud and the type of striker we are calling for, whilst on the other hand people are exaggerating the amount others rate him. How about we all calm down a little.

Lol. I honestly think its because theres literally f**k all to argue about atm.

We should really be talking about how the scum and manure are firmly mid table , are 9 points off our spot and how liverpool have just lost sturridge for 6-8 weeks.

Also, that mourinho is helping to prove that you never go back!

This.

We are doing so well we're nit picking, may as well save the striker talk till January.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Callum wrote:

It was pretty much a tap in, any player on the pitch would have scored that. Also, look at what Walcott did in the 4 minutes he spent on the pitch. Imagine what he could have done with 30, especially with Arteta in the midfield as opposed to Flamini.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:12 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:It was pretty much a tap in, any player on the pitch would have scored that. Also, look at what Walcott did in the 4 minutes he spent on the pitch. Imagine what he could have done with 30, especially with Arteta in the midfield as opposed to Flamini.

It was hardly a tap-in and I actually agree with you about Walcott, but you're wrong to say that correlation does not equal causality in this case. When the correlation is between subs coming on and us scoring two more goals, you cannot say there is no causality when Flamini physically put the ball in the back of the net.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:12 pm

A tap in, Flami's goal? Are you serious??????
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:13 pm

Emir wrote:Seocnd half Cardiff started quiet well, pressuring us, and making that great chance, where Chez made a world class stop. That's probably the decisive moment of the match. After we survived that, it was all Arsenal. I also think that Cardiff manager made a big mistake by taking Campbell off, he was their danger man. We kept defending well until the end, and did exactly what we needed to do, and that is killing the game off.

Individually, we did very well, where everyone showed a bit of quality. Chez was great today, defense was very solid. Midfield was awesome. Arteta was exceptional as a dm. I think he won all challenges today, had great vision, clean passes, no mistakes. Ozil showed that he is simply a genius. He just needs one moment to make brilliance. Ramsey, exceptional again. Walcott did very well in a very short span.

I was disappointed by cazola, giroud and gibbs. Wilshere was also invisible, but I thought he didn't make mistakes, like cazola for example.

wilshere invicible?
took a pass from ramsey and hit the woodwork with a stunning strike in the 1st minute
they linked up well in the midfield
about 5mins from half time he tracked back whittingham and made a fine tackle
and 20 mins from the end had a great run and chip to set up cazorla
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:18 pm

mel4 wrote:Yes 3 points.

I am worried about Cazorla though. He seems to be giving wrong passes, making wrong decisions, not confident enough. Sometime last year, he was most fans choice to play behind the striker. At the moment, I think he is only starting because Walcott is not very fit yet.

On Giroud, I am a fan and I like his workrate and help in defense but, he is not just making any difference as a striker/CF now. We need to get this sorted ASAP.

giroud got the winner v spurs and both goals v southampton last week
starmandb

Postby Kalnage » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:20 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:It was pretty much a tap in, any player on the pitch would have scored that. Also, look at what Walcott did in the 4 minutes he spent on the pitch. Imagine what he could have done with 30, especially with Arteta in the midfield as opposed to Flamini.

It was no where near a tap in. But it was more to do with his run into the box that made that goal and obviously Özils perfectly weighted pass. If Flamini wasn't on the pitch would anyone else have made that run?
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Diaby24AFC wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
Diaby24AFC wrote:He has more goals than Soldado and Torres combined. Pretty good considering many people think both Spaniards are much better than him.

He's also up there with the Van Pussy and SAS.

Aguero has more but City's offense is nuts so that's to be expected.

So he isn't struggling like many of you claim.
Stop comparing his numbers to Henry's.

And therein lies the real problem. We've had legends like Henry, now we have an average CF, we've always had a great goalscoring CF under Wenger (Wright, Anelka, Henry, C*nt 1, C*nt 2), now we have a guy who puts up very average numbers.

We've been blessed with exellence, we're not happy with mediocrity (well, some of us aren't).

bergkamp
george
radford
kennedy
merson
smith
nicholas
macdonald
stapleton
woodcock
sky did,nt invent football and this was a great club[ made better mind] before wenger

Besides Wright and Henry, what other legends have we had?

I hardly consider Anelka one especially with the little time he's spent here.

Maybe you can't grasp this but players like Henry don't come around every year or two.

Van Persie could have been one if he stayed and consistently produced. But that's in the past.

So we'll have to do with what we got. Wenger can't pull legends out of his arsehole like you do with all your negative garbage you spit out.
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Diaby24AFC wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
Diaby24AFC wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
Diaby24AFC wrote:He has more goals than Soldado and Torres combined. Pretty good considering many people think both Spaniards are much better than him.

And therein lies the real problem. We've had legends like Henry, now we have an average CF, we've always had a great goalscoring CF under Wenger (Wright, Anelka, Henry, C*nt 1, C*nt 2), now we have a guy who puts up very average numbers.

We've been blessed with exellence, we're not happy with mediocrity (well, some of us aren't).

Maybe you can't grasp this but players like Henry don't come around every year or two.

Van Persie could have been one if he stayed and consistently produced. But that's in the past.

So we'll have to do with what we got. Wenger can't pull legends out of his arsehole like you do with all your negative garbage you spit out.

Oh dear, the Giroud apologists are truly out in force now. Here's an idea, grow up. If you read the post correctly, you'll see i ended the legends sentence and proceeded to say "Great goalscoring CF" in the next sentence, which is what every player named is, and is what we don't have.

Oh, sorry about that. Didn't realize Anelka was even a great goalscorer. How many goals did he score for us again?

25 goals in 74 games
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Hans Gruber wrote:
Diaby24AFC wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
Diaby24AFC wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:

Oh dear, the Giroud apologists are truly out in force now. Here's an idea, grow up. If you read the post correctly, you'll see i ended the legends sentence and proceeded to say "Great goalscoring CF" in the next sentence, which is what every player named is, and is what we don't have.

Oh, sorry about that. Didn't realize Anelka was even a great goalscorer. How many goals did he score for us again?

OK, i may have stretched it a bit with Anelka, but he was still clearly better than Giroud, and was only a kid, which gives him another excuse. Giroud is in his late 20's with no chance to improve, this is as good as he'll ever be, which isn't good enough.

when anelka was the age giroud is now he was scoring 16 goals in 55 games in the mighty turkish league for fenerbahce
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14