Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Re: Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Kalnage wrote:I really don't understand all the Giroud bashing that goes on here.

Look we all know we need another striker, I don't think you'll find one gooner that is happy with our striker situation, but we are doin just fine at the mo and Giroud is doing all he can in his powers to do his best for the team. So I say stop the bashing and get behind him until we get the striker we want/need.

This is a very good post and is how I feel to a letter however your first sentence is explained like this .......

There are some people who feel Giroud should be our first choice striker without being rude they are his fan boys, others accept that he is decent but he is too one dimensional to be an Arsenal first choice striker.

The issue we have is that in a match I say "Rosicky's had a bad game today and fluffed that penalty" everybody say's "Yeah true but it was just a bad game he'll be back to form" and there are no problems, with Giroud if you so much as say "He's having a bad hair day" the Giroud fans mob you and your left in some mass debate as to why you've said what you have.

Quite frankly I'm tired of the whole thing, when he does something bad I'll say it, when he dies something good I'll say it because that's what happens with every player, it is not the fans fault that Giroud makes more mistakes than any of our previous first choice strikers.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Re: Cardiff vs Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Diaby24AFC wrote:Didn't see it but was it dumber than Bendtner giving up an open opportunity inside the box to pass back out the box against Chelsea?

yes
bendtner thought someone was in a better position than him wrongly in my opinion
giroud thought he was offside but a strikers instinct should be put the ball in the net ask questions after
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:55 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Kalnage wrote:I really don't understand all the Giroud bashing that goes on here.

Look we all know we need another striker, I don't think you'll find one gooner that is happy with our striker situation, but we are doin just fine at the mo and Giroud is doing all he can in his powers to do his best for the team. So I say stop the bashing and get behind him until we get the striker we want/need.

This is a very good post and is how I feel to a letter however your first sentence is explained like this .......

There are some people who feel Giroud should be our first choice striker without being rude they are his fan boys, others accept that he is decent but he is too one dimensional to be an Arsenal first choice striker.

The issue we have is that in a match I say "Rosicky's had a bad game today and fluffed that penalty" everybody say's "Yeah true but it was just a bad game he'll be back to form" and there are no problems, with Giroud if you so much as say "He's having a bad hair day" the Giroud fans mob you and your left in some mass debate as to why you've said what you have.

Quite frankly I'm tired of the whole thing, when he does something bad I'll say it, when he dies something good I'll say it because that's what happens with every player, it is not the fans fault that Giroud makes more mistakes than any of our previous first choice strikers.

If Giroud has a bad game no one will stop you from saying he had a bad game.

If Rosicky has a bad game no one will stop you from saying he had a bad game.

If Rosicky has a bad game and someone says he's useless, shouldnt be in the team, isnt a good player, doesnt do anything thing you can expect a fair bit of resistance.

Like wise if Giroud has a bad game and some one says he's useless, shouldnt be in the team, isnt a good player, doesnt do anything you can expect a fair bit of resistance.

Pretty simple really.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Kalnage » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:00 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

I don't think the part in bold is true, I've been reading the forum for a while and all I've seen is people sticking up for Giroud. They can see what he does for the team and he's trying his best. But they also admit that we need a different/better striker. We've been spoilt in the passed for strikers and Giroud is a bit of a downgrade, but he's all we've got at the moment.
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:05 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:

Lol. Its the same argument that went on with wenger in the summer.

If rosicky has had a bad game and missed a pen 6/10s.

If giroud were to do it 3/10s

Every day someone explains how hes basically not rvp and hes not world class regardless of how he plays.

The giroud haters are waiting for anything to have a moan and probably wont be happy until weve spent 26m on a proven goal scorer like soldado because that will guarantee 40 goals for the season from the striker, which is exactly how it should be.

look at bayern and barca, theyve always had all their goals scored by the ST and its nothing to do with their team play, linking and ensuring the team scores, not the individual player...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:05 pm

Giroud out wenger out lol
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Zëdië wrote:hes basically not rvp and hes not world class regardless of how he plays.

People rarely say this
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Massa wrote:
Callum wrote:
Massa wrote:Like most games then

I bet you just can't wait to give him a 2/10 in the player ratings thread.

He's a 3 atm

Will you say that Giroud could have an assist if Ramsey capitalized on his ball

The same way you said Ozil could have had an assist if Giroud capitalized on his, a few weeks ago

Just curious, or do things like that only apply went its against Girouds favour?

This is getting so boring.

So sick of the Giroud hit squad shooting down and trying to censor any remotely negative opinion of Giroud every single game even when he does make a fk up.

No other player has this sort of luxury, most of them don't need it tbf.

Holy Sh*t im not defending poor performances, im asking whether the same standards would be applied in the same circumstances to both situations.

Yes they do ...... to everyone on the pitch.

Their job is to play well whether they are a personal favorite or not, club over player.

This sh*t just needs a rest, if Giroud is doing well you won't need to back him up because no one will say anything.

I honestly have never seen a starting striker for Arsenal ever need so much protection from criticism as Giroud ..... ever, makes me wonder why?

Anyway I just want to enjoy the friggin game.

i agree with you team over player always but by the same token if i was predisposed to critisize a player then i would be voluble in praise of that player when he does something well or would,nt it seem i was hanging around waiting for said player to make an error?
after all that is our job
we are supporters
no mention of the run that giroud made to take the centre back out of the position that ramsey ran into for our 1st goal?
that was for the good of the arsenal
something we surely all agree is of paramount importance
starmandb

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Kalnage wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I don't think the part in bold is true, I've been reading the forum for a while and all I've seen is people sticking up for Giroud. They can see what he does for the team and he's trying his best. But they also admit that we need a different/better striker. We've been spoilt in the passed for strikers and Giroud is a bit of a downgrade, but he's all we've got at the moment.

Omphi does.

I could quote him on it, not that its a problem everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you want people to respect yours you need to give that respect, they don't which is why it turns into an argument.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:18 pm

Omphi93 wrote:If Rosicky has a bad game and someone says he's useless, shouldnt be in the team, isnt a good player, doesnt do anything thing you can expect a fair bit of resistance.

Like wise if Giroud has a bad game and some one says he's useless, shouldnt be in the team, isnt a good player, doesnt do anything you can expect a fair bit of resistance.

Pretty simple really.

Part in bold, who say's this?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Yeah, no one's said he's useless or isn't a good player (depending on your definition of "good"). The only time people have said he shouldn't be in the team is if we hypothetically bring in someone better. The Giroud apologists need to calm down and stop taking everything so personally.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Kalnage wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Omphi does.

I could quote him on it, not that its a problem everyone is entitled to their opinion but if you want people to respect yours you need to give that respect, they don't which is why it turns into an argument.

Quote me once renouncing signing a better striker, quote me once saying that we do not need another striker please do!

Cant take this words in my mouth bullshit!

Back your words, Step up.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Literally no Giroud "fanboys" say we don't need a new striker or that we can't do better than Giroud, yet still people say that it's said. If it's so annoying, there must be plenty of examples.

Where are they?
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:38 pm

Bored of hearing about Giroud ffs, he's not good enough but we have to deal with it until there's a better option. End thread x50.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Dejan wrote:wenger f***ked up with the substitutes if you ask me.

yes a defensive midfielder who comes on and scores and theo who interchanges with ramsey to set up the 3rd
wenger has never been a great in game tacticion and his 65/70 min subs by rote are a little galling but it is not just captain hindsight that makes his decisions right yesterday.they were not so out of leftfield to be baffling.
what we have we hold is a much more acceptable tactic to you score 3 we will score 4
i am happy to see us executing a plan with greater inteligence.
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14