Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Re: Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Postby ramsom » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:19 am

Giroud is perfect...brings in the right balance...absolute monster up front as well as defending set pieces
For those who go on about skillfull driblling type striker...I think its the quite dumb to rave about tactics which they obviously have no clue of..
giroud brings the balance in the attacking third....if you remember the napoli game, its the perfect example of giroud's role as a forward.he was central to both the goals yet he didnt do any ffkkin dribbling

we have ozil, walcott, cazorla to dribble past people...Giroud is fulfilling his role well enough with some exquisite assists on occasions..
ramsom
Liam Brady

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:22 am

Zëdië wrote:I wonder how the people that recon we cant win the league with him has striker explain how weve got to 13 games and 7 points clear?

Because of Ramsey. If Rambo can keep scoring like this the whole season, great, but most midfielders don't keep this up for a whole season. Sooner or later his goals will dry up and Giroud's deficiencies will be all the more apparent when we start dropping points because we have a striker that's barely above average.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby billie86 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:16 am

Some people will never be happy with Giroud and no matter what he does will always be criticised because he isn't RVP, Aguero or another well known striker. Everyone will disregard Girouds stats of 9 goals plus 5 assists this season which is very good when you consider the fact that RVP only has 8 goals and 2 assists, people will say it isn't all about stats but will then hypocritacally throw stats at anyone to show girouds shortcomings if it works in their favour. IMO anyone who does not think Giroud has been playing well this season just does not know anything about football, his link up play and hold up play, his strength and his work rate can't really be faulted, then he has topped that off with a decent tally of goals and assists. The only thing Giroud lacks imo is genuine pace, but what he lacks in pace he makes up for with his aerial ability and physical presence (and please don't anyone try and say he is crap in the air because he has dominated plenty centre backs this season already, its not all about headers on goal he wins numerous headers 30-40 yards away from goal to allow us to keep posession. People don't seem to realise just what Giroud has given to our team, he has given us some steel upfront which was well needed, off the top of my head the goal against southampton when he tackled Boruc and knocked him on his arse, the headed assist he got v Dortmund, would Aguero have been able to do that? The answer is no, players have different qualities and just because he isn't a speed merchant doesn't mean he "isn't good enough", this is real football not Fifa. Don't even get me started on the fact we are 7 points clear at the top of the hardest league in the world and are looking better than we have for years with this "Donkey" up front.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:22 am

Steve Bould mutters "what a ball" before Flamini's goal.

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:36 am

Zëdië wrote:
Spose if you want to be pedantic about it, a strikers main job is to score, which he hasnt done as much as at the start of the season.

Strikers score goals and Ultimately thats what he will judged on by some but ultimately, id rather look at whats actually happening.

His lack of goals are half my problem. He loses possession in the final third, can't dribble, is useless to have on the counter unless he's in the box, and the only pass he can pull off is his flick on. For me is not impressive inside or outside the box.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:38 am

billie86 wrote:Some people will never be happy with Giroud and no matter what he does will always be criticised because he isn't RVP, Aguero or another well known striker. Everyone will disregard Girouds stats of 9 goals plus 5 assists this season which is very good when you consider the fact that RVP only has 8 goals and 2 assists, people will say it isn't all about stats but will then hypocritacally throw stats at anyone to show girouds shortcomings if it works in their favour. IMO anyone who does not think Giroud has been playing well this season just does not know anything about football, his link up play and hold up play, his strength and his work rate can't really be faulted, then he has topped that off with a decent tally of goals and assists. The only thing Giroud lacks imo is genuine pace, but what he lacks in pace he makes up for with his aerial ability and physical presence (and please don't anyone try and say he is crap in the air because he has dominated plenty centre backs this season already, its not all about headers on goal he wins numerous headers 30-40 yards away from goal to allow us to keep posession. People don't seem to realise just what Giroud has given to our team, he has given us some steel upfront which was well needed, off the top of my head the goal against southampton when he tackled Boruc and knocked him on his arse, the headed assist he got v Dortmund, would Aguero have been able to do that? The answer is no, players have different qualities and just because he isn't a speed merchant doesn't mean he "isn't good enough", this is real football not Fifa. Don't even get me started on the fact we are 7 points clear at the top of the hardest league in the world and are looking better than we have for years with this "Donkey" up front.

:clap:

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:41 am

Wow people like to assume. I don't rate Giroud therefore I think we need a speedy striker and I wish we had Aguero/RvP
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Kalnage » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:11 am

I really don't understand all the Giroud bashing that goes on here. We're top of the league having the best start since 6/7 years ago, playing some great stuff, scoring all over the pitch and keeping clean sheets. I think Giroud has a big hand in this, he holds the ball up well and brings others into play to score/create. He's also important when defending, like I posted above, he wins 50% of his headers, which is massive when defending corners/fks!
Look we all know we need another striker, I don't think you'll find one gooner that is happy with our striker situation, but we are doin just fine at the mo and Giroud is doing all he can in his powers to do his best for the team. So I say stop the bashing and get behind him until we get the striker we want/need.
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:14 am

billie86 wrote:Some people will never be happy with Giroud and no matter what he does will always be criticised because he isn't RVP, Aguero or another well known striker. Everyone will disregard Girouds stats of 9 goals plus 5 assists this season which is very good when you consider the fact that RVP only has 8 goals and 2 assists, people will say it isn't all about stats but will then hypocritacally throw stats at anyone to show girouds shortcomings if it works in their favour. IMO anyone who does not think Giroud has been playing well this season just does not know anything about football, his link up play and hold up play, his strength and his work rate can't really be faulted, then he has topped that off with a decent tally of goals and assists. The only thing Giroud lacks imo is genuine pace, but what he lacks in pace he makes up for with his aerial ability and physical presence (and please don't anyone try and say he is crap in the air because he has dominated plenty centre backs this season already, its not all about headers on goal he wins numerous headers 30-40 yards away from goal to allow us to keep posession. People don't seem to realise just what Giroud has given to our team, he has given us some steel upfront which was well needed, off the top of my head the goal against southampton when he tackled Boruc and knocked him on his arse, the headed assist he got v Dortmund, would Aguero have been able to do that? The answer is no, players have different qualities and just because he isn't a speed merchant doesn't mean he "isn't good enough", this is real football not Fifa. Don't even get me started on the fact we are 7 points clear at the top of the hardest league in the world and are looking better than we have for years with this "Donkey" up front.

Van persie has 10 goals in 12 starts
meanwhile Giroud has 9 goals in 18 starts
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:38 am

Dejan wrote:

The stats I quoted were just BPL stats
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:42 am

billie86 wrote:
Dejan wrote:

You wish.
BPL:

Van Persie: 7 goals in 9 starts
Giroud: 7 goals in 13 starts
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby billie86 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:53 am

Massa wrote:
Zëdië wrote:
Spose if you want to be pedantic about it, a strikers main job is to score, which he hasnt done as much as at the start of the season.

Strikers score goals and Ultimately thats what he will judged on by some but ultimately, id rather look at whats actually happening.

His lack of goals are half my problem. He loses possession in the final third, can't dribble, is useless to have on the counter unless he's in the box, and the only pass he can pull off is his flick on. For me is not impressive inside or outside the box.

So you don't like him because he loses posession in the final third? As oppose to everyone else who keeps posession 100% of the time? If we didn't give the ball away in the final third we would have 90% plus posession every game, not to mention the fact that Giroud is often upfront on his own making it hard to retain posession. Some people don't see the whole picture with Giroud, his work rate is creating space for other players and puts the opposistion under pressure i.e Boruc but It is a thankless task if all people look for is skill and goals. There are 2 sides to football, there is the side messi, ozil etc bring and then there is the side the likes of flamini, Giroud etc bring, it isn't always pretty but you need a combination of both of these styles to succeed and I think we do actually have a good combination of both this season which is why we are being so succesful.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby billie86 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:55 am

Dejan wrote:
billie86 wrote:
Dejan wrote:

You wish.
BPL:

From the official EPL website:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/play ... van-persie

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/play ... ier-giroud :dontknow:
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:24 pm

billie86 wrote:
Massa wrote:
Zëdië wrote:

So you don't like him because he loses posession in the final third? As oppose to everyone else who keeps posession 100% of the time? If we didn't give the ball away in the final third we would have 90% plus posession every game, not to mention the fact that Giroud is often upfront on his own making it hard to retain posession. Some people don't see the whole picture with Giroud, his work rate is creating space for other players and puts the opposistion under pressure i.e Boruc but It is a thankless task if all people look for is skill and goals. There are 2 sides to football, there is the side messi, ozil etc bring and then there is the side the likes of flamini, Giroud etc bring, it isn't always pretty but you need a combination of both of these styles to succeed and I think we do actually have a good combination of both this season which is why we are being so succesful.

Giroud does it more often than others, killing attacks in the process. Can't do anything special and is generally average. Praising stuff like his workrate and flick ons is all very good but how talented do you have to to be to do that. It can be beneficial but I'd rather not compromise having technique to gain such widespread qualities.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:31 pm

billie86 wrote:
Dejan wrote:
billie86 wrote:
Dejan wrote:

You wish.
BPL:

From the official EPL website:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/play ... van-persie

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/play ... ier-giroud :dontknow:

those are overall stats

http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/88965/oli ... ud?cc=5739