Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Re: Cardiff 0-3 Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:40 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:Yeah, no one's said he's useless or isn't a good player (depending on your definition of "good"). The only time people have said he shouldn't be in the team is if we hypothetically bring in someone better. The Giroud apologists need to calm down and stop taking everything so personally.

Do you actually read the forum?

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:42 pm

Omphi93 wrote:
Quote me once renouncing signing a better striker, quote me once saying that we do not need another striker please do!

Cant take this words in my mouth bullshit!

Back your words, Step up.

To save me the trouble of trawling through your posts which I will if I have to, are you saying you didn't say "We don't need a starting striker, it should be Giroud, we just need a back up" did you not say the equivalent to that?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:49 pm

People are exaggerating how much people don't rate Giroud and the type of striker we are calling for, whilst on the other hand people are exaggerating the amount others rate him. How about we all calm down a little.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Re: Cardiff vs Arsenal | Premier League 30/11/13

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:51 pm

endimion wrote:ozil can make everyone look like a world class scorer...he can make all arsenal players score...minus giroud

yes
that was strange how giroud missed after ozils superb control and pass at sunderland
you would have thought giroud would have took it 1st time with a near post finish
or that deft little ball from ozil v napoli for our 2nd
you would have thought giroud would apply the simple finish
oh hang on
he scored both
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Santi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:52 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^

Giroud has some good qualities, lacks some others. Get over it, he doesn't always play well (like yesterday) and doesn't always play shit.

A word to describe him? - Decent.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Apollo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:52 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Quote me once renouncing signing a better striker, quote me once saying that we do not need another striker please do!

Cant take this words in my mouth bullshit!

Back your words, Step up.

To save me the trouble of trawling through your posts which I will if I have to, are you saying you didn't say "We don't need a starting striker, it should be Giroud, we just need a back up" did you not say the equivalent to that?

My stance on Giroud

He is a very good Striker
He is fit to lead the line for Arsenal
We "can" win the league with Giroud being our our starting forward
Giroud is vastly underrated by a small faction on this forum,

No where EVER have i ever said no to signing a World Class striker, in fact the exact opposite.

No where EVER have a said that Arsenal should not sign another striker, in fact the exact opposite.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:53 pm

Massa wrote:People are exaggerating how much people don't rate Giroud and the type of striker we are calling for, whilst on the other hand people are exaggerating the amount others rate him. How about we all calm down a little.

Agreed.

However, your comments about Podolski being more attractive than Giroud cannot be excused.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:58 pm

starmandb wrote:
Dejan wrote:wenger f***ked up with the substitutes if you ask me.

yes a defensive midfielder who comes on and scores and theo who interchanges with ramsey to set up the 3rd
wenger has never been a great in game tacticion and his 65/70 min subs by rote are a little galling but it is not just captain hindsight that makes his decisions right yesterday.they were not so out of leftfield to be baffling.
what we have we hold is a much more acceptable tactic to you score 3 we will score 4
i am happy to see us executing a plan with greater inteligence.

too predictable.

I still stand by my point that the substitutions werent very logical ones. First of all he waited too long. Till Flamini came on Cardiff never looked like scoring, why on earth would you bring on a defensive midfielder for an attacking one when in the game all is left to finish them off? Their defence was f***ing terrible and we should of scored atleast 5 yesterday.
By taking off Flamini we basically invited them to come attack because you could tell we stopped giving attacking pressure when he gave on. And take note when I posted that, Theo wasnt on yet and if you looked my earlier post I posted you'll noticed that I wanted theo to come on much earlier.

Cazorla was very poor yesterday and should of been subbed way earlier. We should of brought on Theo on at minute 65th or earlier because their defence was up for the taking and him assisting after barely 2 minutes on the pitch proves my point.

What I am trying to say is that if you are the team thats fully on top and its just waiting for you to score the 2nd goal, it doesnt make very much sense to me to make a defensive substitute and allowing them to come.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Dejan wrote:
starmandb wrote:

yes a defensive midfielder who comes on and scores and theo who interchanges with ramsey to set up the 3rd
wenger has never been a great in game tacticion and his 65/70 min subs by rote are a little galling but it is not just captain hindsight that makes his decisions right yesterday.they were not so out of leftfield to be baffling.
what we have we hold is a much more acceptable tactic to you score 3 we will score 4

too predictable.

I still stand by my point that the substitutions werent very logical ones. First of all he waited too long. Till Flamini came on Cardiff never looked like scoring, why on earth would you bring on a defensive midfielder for an attacking one when in the game all is left to finish them off? Their defence was f***ing terrible and we should of scored atleast 5 yesterday.
By taking off Flamini we basically invited them to come attack because you could tell we stopped giving attacking pressure when he gave on. And take note when I posted that, Theo wasnt on yet and if you looked my earlier post I posted you'll noticed that I wanted theo to come on much earlier.

Cazorla was very poor yesterday and should of been subbed way earlier. We should of brought on Theo on at minute 65th or earlier because their defence was up for the taking and him assisting after barely 2 minutes on the pitch proves my point.

What I am trying to say is that if you are the team thats fully on top and its just waiting for you to score the 2nd goal, it doesnt make very much sense to me to make a defensive substitute and allowing them to come.

+1
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Kalnage » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:14 pm

Dejan wrote:
starmandb wrote:

too predictable.

You're honestly complaining about the substitutions, even though we went on to score two goals?! Barmy!
Last edited by Kalnage on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zedie » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:16 pm

Massa wrote:People are exaggerating how much people don't rate Giroud and the type of striker we are calling for, whilst on the other hand people are exaggerating the amount others rate him. How about we all calm down a little.

Lol. I honestly think its because theres literally f**k all to argue about atm.

We should really be talking about how the scum and manure are firmly mid table , are 9 points off our spot and how liverpool have just lost sturridge for 6-8 weeks.

Also, that mourinho is helping to prove that you never go back!
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Kalnage wrote:
Dejan wrote:
starmandb wrote:

too predictable.

You're honestly complaining about the substitutions, even though we went on to score two goals?! Barmy!

No, I got called out as usual by mr statto and I defend my point.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Kalnage » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Dejan wrote:
Kalnage wrote:
Dejan wrote:
starmandb wrote:

too predictable.

No, I got called out as usual by mr statto and I defend my point.

Fair enough. I didn't watch it live so when the subs took place I already knew the score, but I can understand the confusion at the time.
Kalnage
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:29 pm

kronickaos wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:Just in to see the last goal, great result. What was the second half like, were we dominant? I missed it but saw the first.

We had moments of brilliance, but there was a good 10-15 minutes in the middle where cardiff really brought the pressure.

yes its called a spell most teams have them at home
defence did there job and when called upon snezzy did his
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Hans Gruber wrote:I'm still worried about Giroud, he's not looked great for a while now, you'd think with Ozil in the team he'd be in position to score more.

if a week is a long time in politics how long is it in football?
he was very good against southampton last saturday
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14