Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Re: Arsenal vs Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:03 am

Santi did some great defensive work and skinned 2 players only the final ball let him down, he's barely played since injury but even so he's hardly a shadow of his former self. He destroyed Liverpool.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby defcon2005 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:09 am

im not writing him off i love him to death maybe just a bit impatient to see him back to his best
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby AFC10 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:06 am

Very happy for Jack, two great goals and looked like the player we saw 2 years ago!

Monreal was man of the match for me though he was consistent throughout and is definitely in for a shout of starting against Cardiff surely.

Felt we wasn't really at our best but we created a lot of chances that should of been taken. On another day we easily would of put 5 in.

A draw at Napoli and we're through! COME ON YOU GOONERS!!!
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:28 am

We are more mature and cool now. The squad don't play gung ho anymore. I like this.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Diaby24AFC » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:47 am

Diaby24AFC wrote:Jack = goal scoring machine

Je suis un prophet
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby friedslice » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:52 am

Massa wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:I thought Giroud had a good game.

Ramsey and Ozil were off par though.

You think Ramsey was off par? :rofll:

Did you not see the flick over for the pen, the tackle recovery's, the drives forward, the runs??

Exactly. He was superb. Apparently Giroud was better :dizzy:

i thought giroud was better today. ramsey was good, but giroud was involved in everything going forward. its the usual finish or final touch when infront of goal which lets him down, but his link up play was sublime as usual. easy to ignore, or not appreciate. it was his good play down the right which started the move for the second goal, he gets very little credit when his involvement is usually crucial.

wilshere was f***ing superb today, his best performance in a while, fingers crossed hes coming back to full fitness and form, prove a few of these fickle 'fans' wrong too.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby friedslice » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:57 am

starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Like I said outside the box Giroud is donkey mode.

yes you keep saying it
does,nt make it any truer

In all fairness starmanb that was a comment aimed at when he had the ball with two Arsenal players streaming through on goal waiting for a pass ...... he screwed it up royally because he's crap outside the box and running ball to feet.

That is true.

If he tidied up that aspect of his game it would make a marked improvement.

so he is always crap outside the box because of 1 incident?
he puts a shift in for the team and sometimes it is outside the box

i wouldn't rise to it starman, its not worth your time. giroud has been involved in so many goals this season from crucial touches/flick ons well outside the box, hes as good as anyone in the world right now at it. rediculous to suggest he's useless outside the box.
his movement last night was quality too, drew defenders all over the shop allowing space for ozil and jack.

It was a brilliant team performance last night, but everyone has to stick to their hobby horses.
friedslice
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:13 am

MOTM = Monreal. Wilshere was spectacular and more of the same please.

And it's AMAZING that we still haven't qualified. We don't even have the liberty to rest players now...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zedie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:55 am

friedslice wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:Like I said outside the box Giroud is donkey mode.

yes you keep saying it
does,nt make it any truer

In all fairness starmanb that was a comment aimed at when he had the ball with two Arsenal players streaming through on goal waiting for a pass ...... he screwed it up royally because he's crap outside the box and running ball to feet.

That is true.

If he tidied up that aspect of his game it would make a marked improvement.

so he is always crap outside the box because of 1 incident?
he puts a shift in for the team and sometimes it is outside the box

i wouldn't rise to it starman, its not worth your time. giroud has been involved in so many goals this season from crucial touches/flick ons well outside the box, hes as good as anyone in the world right now at it. rediculous to suggest he's useless outside the box.
his movement last night was quality too, drew defenders all over the shop allowing space for ozil and jack.

It was a brilliant team performance last night, but everyone has to stick to their hobby horses.

Yup. The world is waxing lyrical about this guy, but on here he gets a string of 4 out of 10s for yesterdays performance.

It seems nothing but braces can tempt out praise for some, which is strange because if you watch what he actually means for this team and is contributing to it, you'd understand how important he has been to us being where we are now.

example. Giroud gets loads of 4/10s while rosicky put us in a load of shit on multiple occasions and gets 6-7/10s in the ratings thread.

What makes me laugh is if this was the scum led by soldado instead of arsenal led by giroud, the the wenger out thread would have been practically a sticky and the WHY DIDNT WE GET SOLDADO thread wouldnt be far behind.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:16 am

Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Git » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:38 am

Glad I waited to watch.

- Disappointed, even though it's selfish, that we didn't score more. After scoring 30 seconds in I was expecting a pasting and had to wait absolutely ages for the next goal.
- Jack was superb. It's great to see him finding his feet again after some really rubbish performances.
- The bench looked absolutely sexy tonight. It will be amazing when Poldi and Chambo are back.
- At no point in the game did I feel like we were in danger, it's an amazing feeling to have considering a couple of years ago (even less really) I would be shitting my pants in 90% of the games we played.

U.T.A
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Massa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:04 am

IMO Wilshere should stay a winger permanently. His best games have come from the right and all of his goals have. Broke into the team in that position and his lack of awareness is less highlighted on the right. Glad he's coming back to form and he should continue to get games there.

This again shows our need for a new CM though.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 am

Great performance overall. 2 goals scored nil conceded which was lovely.

BIt sloppy between 60 and 80 I thought -giving possession away needlessly and cheaply on numerous occasions.

that said among our stats were about 600 passes IIRC....

Point in Napoli is difficult but not impossible.

If we continue to show the same levels of maturity and more importantly concentration throughout the game, we should be ok.

Impressed with Monreal all thruogh.

Equally impressed with Szec when he was called into action. 2 fine saves in 2nd half.

Onwards and upwards hopefully.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:26 am

One thing I've noticed is that many people aren't mentioning Rosicky. I think he was excellent, he was everywhere he needed to be, including once when he lost the ball on one side, he ran all the way to the other side to get it back.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:28 am

Monreal deservee a huge shout out too after that. Was simply flawless throughout this match and got 1 or 2 very good crosses in.

We're spoilt in the left back department...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14