Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille | Champions League 26/11/13

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
friedslice wrote:^and who are you to tag along to The Arsenal and call our traditions "bullshit". Tony Adams and all the great captains took this tradition seriously. It's long standing traditions like this "such minor thing" which created the whole aura around the class of Arsenal Football Club, and is the reason we've always been the envy of every football club in England. speak to any old school footballer and they speak in awe of Arsenals long standing respect to tradition, pride and class, it's what has always seperated us.

It annoys me cling on fans who quite literally attempt to sh*t on things that are inherent Arsenal traditions for generations just because they don't understand it or don't personally care. minor or not, it's a tradition which should rightfully be respected, not to mention how sacriligious it is to cut up an Arsenal shirt, it's like burning the England flag.

Cling on fans? Shut your hole you judgmental prat.

Traditions are not infallible. If it's a stupid rule, it's a stupid rule, no matter who set it up, how it was set up or how long it's existed for.

Clearly you have no understanding of how integral traditions are to making this club what it is.

If traditions are more important to you than the actual team itself then I'd argue -you've- got your priorities wrong. I respect you for having a different opinion, that's absolutely fine, but at least back it up with some argument and attempt to come down from that high horse of yours.

Also, once again, regardless of how integral they may be that still doesn't translate to every tradition being correct and infallible. I'm not the only one that thinks this is a load of crap, although I may have argued it more vehemently than most, but apparently they're all paper fans as well. Go ahead and brand half the board as paper fans for having an opinion contrary to your own.

You've produced no argument for your point at all other than "This is how it is."

Omphi93 wrote:Royal has me swinging towards the other side of the arguement.

Thinking if thats the way its always been done, Flamini has played for Arsenal before knew what it was then, and followed it, knows what it is now but he alone refused to follow.

Its not the actual tradition as i think its pretty trivial but the fact that everyone else obeys and understands the order of things but he decides to go against the long established tradition and how this has been passed down however long through all those who have represented the club in the past.

The actual rule is arbitrary but if everyone ever wearing an Arsenal shirt has followed it, because thats what was done you cant have a guy walking in and deciding re write the clubs history and rule book.I guarantee he isnt the first who prefers a short shirt to long.

This reason enough for you?

Yes, it's an actual argument. See my response in that thread.

When people actually make a case for their opinion rather than talk down to me, I can be reasonable, heh.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:01 pm

I can't believe we're having an argument over a pair of f'kin sleeves. Sigh...
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:04 pm

Angelito wrote:I can't believe we're having an argument over a pair of f'kin sleeves. Sigh...

That's still my personal feelings on it too even if I can see the other side.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ClockEnd Mark » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:39 am

Myrmedus wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:Whats this about Flamini and his sleeves?

He's taken the scissors to them again. This time Wenger has had a go at him for it and rightfully so.

Why? Who gives a f**k.

Because it's club tradition.

Feel like I'm repeating myself but:

Who gives a f**k.

No, but seriously. This is such a minor thing to have a "tradition" about. Flamini is one of our top performers this season IMO, let's potentially affect his morale because of a bullshit tradition.

Im guessing your a young un, so i`ll answer as such.

Just because you think its a bullshit tradition does`nt mean it is..

For as long as i can remember, the captain picks what shirt to wear, same as the captain does the coin toss, same as the captain lifts any silver ect ect ect. IF, as you say it affects his moral, then he aint much of a man.

The trouble with this world is the "who gives a f**k" attitude :bah:
ClockEnd Mark
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Myrmedus » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:54 pm

It mostly comes down to what you think is more important: how the team performs or tradition. I find the former far more important.

I'm also an antagonist of tradition so that doesn't help ;)
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Myrmedus » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:58 pm

Only just realised - 1 goal conceded in the last 5 games. Jesus....
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:17 pm

Myrmedus wrote:Only just realised - 1 goal conceded in the last 5 games. Jesus....

http://reactiongifs.com/?p=16581
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:19 pm

Zëdië wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:Only just realised - 1 goal conceded in the last 5 games. Jesus....

http://reactiongifs.com/?p=16581

Don't know if I'm being mocked or supported!
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14