Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 10/11/13

Re: Man Utd vs Arsenal | Premier League 10/11/13

Postby General » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:08 pm

This was an abysmal United team and we conspired to give them the impetus they needed with our carelessness and complacency which has been a hallmark of Wenger's teams over the past few years. Too many players just had no feel for the occasion and the historical importance of this duel, it was just painful to watch. This season's league is wide open and I want to believe we can go all the way but I fear this team lacks balance and this will ultimately be our undoing.
General
Liam Brady

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:32 pm

Angelito wrote:And please, please give the captainship to Arteta. We never do well with Vermaelen as our captain. Undefeated with Arteta as our captain the League.

Come off it. This would have made ZERO difference to today's result, so stop whining about shit that doesn't matter.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:32 pm

We shouldn't be playing two CDM's its Wenger being to cautious again.

The way he set us up today started the bad form, we basically sat off then and let them play, it was asking for trouble.

We may of done similar against Dortmund but we always looked to dominate midfield, today we pussy'd out and did no pressing, misplaced passes, it was horrible.

No shots on target, gonna have to watch this sh*t on MOTD now and listen to us get torn apart again!
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Goonerfromafrica » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:And please, please give the captainship to Arteta. We never do well with Vermaelen as our captain. Undefeated with Arteta as our captain the League.

Come off it. This would have made ZERO difference to today's result, so stop whining about shit that doesn't matter.

It really could've though
Goonerfromafrica
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:33 pm

gooney wrote:No we dont. We should just focus on southampton next game. We have to beat them. Our away record is good imo....its our home record that will decide if we win the league. Last 2 season our home record has been poor

Christ, you took the words right out of my mouth. I hate this this "we HAVE to win this game or this game otherwise we've no chance". Each game is worth three points and people need to stop hyping one result over the other.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:49 pm

Jay22 wrote:I am sure most would have taken 2 wins out of the last 3 games with one goal conceded if it was offered before last weekend.

How we cope with this and respond in the next 3-4 games would be a test of our character and show if we're the real deal or not.

Exactly. If we win our next couple of games and stay top this result won't look too bad.

Going into the Liverpool game we certainly would have been happy to be two points clear by the end of this week.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby golfinguy » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:52 pm

All this picking out who was shite and who we need to buy - obscures the real issue. We were either tired from our schedule, or simply not as motivated as required. No matter who we had would have been tired if Wenger started you every game, and no matter who we had would have been uninspired as its a team mentality.

I'm frustrated at the loss - we were off the mark and not worthy of a win, a draw perhaps but no more. But lets not start re-wiring the team because of it. There's always the next game to look forward to.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Callum wrote:
gooney wrote:No we dont. We should just focus on southampton next game. We have to beat them. Our away record is good imo....its our home record that will decide if we win the league. Last 2 season our home record has been poor

Christ, you took the words right out of my mouth. I hate this this "we HAVE to win this game or this game otherwise we've no chance". Each game is worth three points and people need to stop hyping one result over the other.

Its just a way to discredit us....today we had to prove we are the real deal and get a win or we are not. We have beaten dortmund, napoli, liverpool and spurs already. We were clearly tired after a tough week and still went to old trafford and had 60% possession and they defended like crazy in the end to hang on their win. that shows we are a serious team. But as you say every game is equal and we need to build on this now. We had a very good run and it had to come to and end eventually and it did. Lets start a new one
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yago » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:10 pm

This is not the gooney I remember.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:17 pm

Yago wrote:This is not the gooney I remember.

It is me. Im not too down because i expected a loss. We had 3 very hard games this week and its very hard to win all 3. If you told me you will lose one, I would have taken a loss today. because we needed a win the CL and its important we win our home games. Come into the international break we are 5 points ahead of our real competitors and we have walcott and podolski back. Happy days
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:24 pm

What the shit was that!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No accuracy, no tempo, no creativity, but worse...... no conviction!

It looked like we threw the f**king game!

We got beat by a poor side who looked just as nervous and equally uninventive.

What a shit game!

Haven't read through the thread, but judging by the comments above it looks as though individuals are being marked out, and I agree with golfinguy, it's pointless, it's obviously a team issue, and understandable if fatigue is a factor as so many are out injured. But it was a team flop! For those that are calling players out, how about looking at those that played well, it'd be a lot quicker and the point would hit home a lot harder... no one deserves a good rating, we were shite!

So disappointed.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:27 pm

gooney wrote:Its just a way to discredit us....today we had to prove we are the real deal and get a win or we are not. We have beaten dortmund, napoli, liverpool and spurs already. We were clearly tired after a tough week and still went to old trafford and had 60% possession and they defended like crazy in the end to hang on their win. that shows we are a serious team. But as you say every game is equal and we need to build on this now. We had a very good run and it had to come to and end eventually and it did. Lets start a new one

gooney, my friend, I never thought you would be the one to make me feel better about today!

Great post. :clap:
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Callum wrote:
gooney wrote:Its just a way to discredit us....today we had to prove we are the real deal and get a win or we are not. We have beaten dortmund, napoli, liverpool and spurs already. We were clearly tired after a tough week and still went to old trafford and had 60% possession and they defended like crazy in the end to hang on their win. that shows we are a serious team. But as you say every game is equal and we need to build on this now. We had a very good run and it had to come to and end eventually and it did. Lets start a new one

gooney, my friend, I never thought you would be the one to make me feel better about today!

Great post. :clap:

Thank you :arsesmile:
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:43 pm

^^^^^^ Speechless mate.

What would all your mates at the Lane say about that though :hiding:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby gooney » Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Est83 wrote:^^^^^^ Speechless mate.

What would all your mates at the Lane say about that though :hiding:

They are too busy praying to see their team score a goal. 10 games 9 goals and 4 of them were pens :rofll:
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14