Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 10/11/13

Re: Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal | Premier League 10/11/13

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:30 am

Well Flamini is suspended for the next game, so we can put that to the test.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:51 am

We missed Rosicky hugely in this game, he adds so much energy for a 33 year old!

Also, Ozil needs to stop going into hiding in some games. Fantastic player of course but was non existant last night.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby greengoonerie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:14 pm

Hello everyone,

The end of a long run of matches has ended somewhat on a low note, with a poor overall performance both on and off the pitch yesterday.

Yes, my initial thought was "b***er, b***er," etc - it's not nice to lose to them, especially as they lost their best defender on Half time, but Arsenal couldn't make this loss tell.

Whether it was fear, fatigue or fever (or a combination of all 3) which cost us a point yesterday is up for discussion/argument, but I was really disappointed that Arsene failed to make more use of Gnabry, who I thought worried United far more than Giroud and Bendtner did, IMO.

Rooney again showed us why we should have bid for him and broken the salary ceiling. He will continue to play well against great opposition, of which we are one. RVP finally got fed up with the song and has fully turned his back on Arsenal. Such is life. How he has remained injury free is an example of either Good medical staff at United, or he was gamming on with Arsenal...!! ;-)

We need to come back strong after this and show that we have become mentally stronger (Wengerism) and more mature in handling defeats by Man United.

Yes the unreasonable Arsenal fan in me is stung by another defeat, against what appears to be a very average United side. They still raise their game against us, and still know how to beat us. No space for Giroud, no space for our midfield I thought set them up.

From a possible 11 point lead over them, it's now only 5. However, it's still 5 - and they have to catch us up. We're still top, both in the PL and CL and have 5 points over United. I still believe that any team who finishes ahead of United will win the league. If we keep wining matches, we will stay ahead of them.

Things could have been much worse but Spurs, Citeh and Chelsea all failed to win, so it wasn't as big a loss as it might have been.

Glass still fuller than half.

But even Arsene must now appreciate that we need another striker in January. We have almost nothing to offer up front if Giroud is marshalled as he was yesterday.

Purchasing another striker depends on the ambition of the Board and Arsene as weve seen.

Hopefully it won't happen as a result of another "Villa" performance by the fans.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:31 pm

A minor note on that, bugger is not a swear word.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Type of game I was afraid that we're not ready for mentally. I will always question our mental toughness and if we have what it takes mentally to win the league until we start winning games like that.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Man Utd vs Arsenal | Premier League 10/11/13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:44 pm

prolific wrote::shock: match stats...

Possession: Utd 40% - Arsenal 60%
Shots (on target): Utd 5 (2) - Arsenal 10 (2)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24792962

Total Passes: Utd 344 - Arsenal 541
Passing Accuracy: Utd 75.9% - Arsenal 81%

Tackles: Utd 27 - Arsenal 24
Tackles Won: Utd 63% - Arsenal 79.2

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live ... 5739/stats

Shows that the only stat that matters is the scoreline.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Miss Arsenal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Lol, classic Wenger, on any particular decision he was unhappy with…

I don't want to talk too much about that. I need to buy some Christmas presents and all these statements cost too much money now.

:rofll:
WENGER OUT NOW

THIS FRAUD NEEDS TO GO
Miss Arsenal
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Git » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Miss Arsenal wrote:Lol, classic Wenger, on any particular decision he was unhappy with…

I don't want to talk too much about that. I need to buy some Christmas presents and all these statements cost too much money now.

Epic.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ivan itchybum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:41 pm

Git wrote:
Miss Arsenal wrote:Lol, classic Wenger, on any particular decision he was unhappy with…

Epic.

Classic indeed :lol:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:50 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:
Git wrote:

Epic.

Classic indeed :lol:

:rofll: :rofll:
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby AAIRE99 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:13 pm

Jay22 wrote:
billo2007 wrote:I was well chuffed with our performance, Arsenal were fairly unexciting with the Giroud suprise suprise at the heart of most. GG.

Were back in the race at the 12 game mark, when we hammer cardiff 5 0 next week well be in the top 4 :o

Chuffed with this performance? I feel sorry for you, mate.

Oh how the standards have fallen at OT. :grin:

Look at how our season has went until now, we were the better team against one of the form teams in the world right now.
And on top of that we won the game, im not saying its Ronaldo Tevez and Rooney again dont worry :o
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Callum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Angelito wrote:There is something about Vermaelen as a captain that isn't right. Arteta inspires. Vermaelen doesn't. We have lost two games this season and *both* didn't have Arteta has captain.

It makes bugger all difference, so stop speaking out of your arse. We lost those two games for a number of reasons - Arteta not being captain is not one of them. He plays exactly the same with our without the armband so stop making up shit in your head to justify a pretty inane opinion.

Also, we lost to Dortmund at home with Arteta as captain, yet you convienently ignore that result. Absolutely nothing in it and no evidence to back-up your case.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:34 pm

^ Eh, you're taking it seriously in a way that I didn't intend it to be. Stop being so mechanical in everything!

It's just what I "feel." I don't get good "vibes" from Vermaelen. Yesterday, the moment I saw him with the captain's band, I knew something wouldn't be right.

Also, you're conveniently ignoring that Arteta is undefeated in the League as Arsenal captain. I never talked about the CL. I've always spoken about our undefeated run with Arteta as our captain.

Get off it... It's what I feel and I don't need to have scientific facts to back it of. Also, there is a thing called "luck." Ask Chelsea fans and they'd tell you about it.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Callum » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:43 pm

Angelito wrote:^ Eh, you're taking it seriously in a way that I didn't intend it to be. Stop being so mechanical in everything!

It's just what I "feel." I don't get good "vibes" from Vermaelen. Yesterday, the moment I saw him with the captain's band, I knew something wouldn't be right.

Also, you're conveniently ignoring that Arteta is undefeated in the League as Arsenal captain. I never talked about the CL. I've always spoken about our undefeated run with Arteta as our captain.

Get off it... It's what I feel and I don't need to have scientific facts to back it of. Also, there is a thing called "luck." Ask Chelsea fans and they'd tell you about it.

Right, okay - so just because you feel something in your ovaries, there's validity in it? If we're going to have a debate about this that's a complete bullshit argument. The fact that you had bad "vibes" from Vermaelen means f**k all, and the fact you're resorting to such flimsy points shows how little you can back up your argument.

Also, why the hell does it matter if it's a Premier League or a Champions League game? You just ignored one so it wouldn't mess up your crackpot argument.

Vermaelen shouts and talks and leads, just like Arteta. There is absolutely no evidence that Arteta or us as a team play better when he is wearing the armband so don't try and make out it's the case because of a "feeling" you have.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Popey » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:06 pm

I watched the game and I was really disappointed to way we lost that one. horrible first half with tooooo much respect for this very average manU team. I don't understand why we showed such respect. I think that's the think that makes me angry. second half was better but still not good enought.

I didn't read all the comments here about which player was good and which was shit but for me özil and cazorla had they worst games ever. horrible to watch this two yesterday. very disappointed.

vermaelen, flamini and arteta did ok. giroud tried...but was mostly on his own. ooo and gnabry was really good when he came on. don't know why wenger waited so long to take santi off.

but we're still top and let's just continue and don't lose our heads just because of this one defeat :arsesmile:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14