Member of the Year 2007

Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool | Premier League 2/11/13

Postby Apollo » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:33 pm

Hans Gruber wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
billo2007 wrote:its not childish, it pisses me off to see such a great team with a striker thats not up to it. I was only saying earlier if Arsenal had Aguero theyd be the best team in europe.

I wouldn't say best in Europe. We'd be the best in the league though if we had Aguero, especially with the form he's in.

We are the best in the league.

By 5 points.

I mean properly the best in the league, not there because Chelsea and Citeh keep making errors.

We can only play what in front of us though.

Chelsea and City havent been as consistent and are therefor not a good,

Chelsea have absolutely no leading strikers, that Club makes Giroud look God like in comparison. You hear from a few we wont win the league with Giroud up top but they shuffling Torres, Eto'o and BA. Looking past the names. Still considered strong contenders yes?

Team is GOD. Balance of ours is outstanding. Every single base covered there isnt an angle we cant exploit.

I honestly don't know why i bother?

Chelsea are contenders because they have a strong squad with a lot of depth, as they showed when they beat us.

Missed the boat completely, i wasnt saying that Chelsea arent contenders

In fact the exact opposite lol.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Hans Gruber wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
billo2007 wrote:its not childish, it pisses me off to see such a great team with a striker thats not up to it. I was only saying earlier if Arsenal had Aguero theyd be the best team in europe.

I wouldn't say best in Europe. We'd be the best in the league though if we had Aguero, especially with the form he's in.

By 5 points.

I mean properly the best in the league, not there because Chelsea and Citeh keep making errors.

We can only play what in front of us though.

Chelsea and City havent been as consistent and are therefor not a good,

Chelsea have absolutely no leading strikers, that Club makes Giroud look God like in comparison. You hear from a few we wont win the league with Giroud up top but they shuffling Torres, Eto'o and BA. Looking past the names. Still considered strong contenders yes?

Team is GOD. Balance of ours is outstanding. Every single base covered there isnt an angle we cant exploit.

I honestly don't know why i bother?

Chelsea are contenders because they have a strong squad with a lot of depth, as they showed when they beat us.

Theyre squad looks better than ours because they have 1 injured player out of 25, while we had no WFs and no DMs available for the game that would be considered for a PL start.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:43 am

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What a goal Ramsey!! Great game, made Liverpool look shit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:54 am

Sturridge 'We're almost telepathic' looooooooool didn't look it today son, even that offside Suarez sitter he didn't play you in.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:39 am

Missed the game yesterday. I knew we would win. Apparently liverpool looked good but their team isnt good enough to ensure a win just by having possesion. Heard rosicky played well. Will need to see the highlights.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby srd1886 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:57 am

I thought rosicky was unbelievable today. His coverage both attacking and defensive was brilliant. I cant help but wondering how good he would have been had he not got so many injuries. I think he should replace jack until he is fully fit. They way the whole team defended as a unit was great. We need to do that against dortmund and get three points. The game against united will be good hopefully another 3 points and clean sheet
srd1886
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:12 am

On the Giroud argument ........

Look, when it comes to finishing goal mouth chances he's about as good as we've ever had, the problem is since the 90's Arsenal since Ian Wright have had strikers who are world class (Bergkamp, Anelka, Henry, Reyes, Adebayor, RVP) so you can see why Giroud is a little bit shy of what we're used to.

As much as I praise his inbox presence, outside the box he's fkin horrible, I counted he got robbed at least 4-5 times today, that is not good enough for an Arsenal no1 choice striker.

However until Wenger buy's an alternative I'll support Giroud, he's all we've got.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:12 am

DiamondGooner wrote:On the Giroud argument ........

Look, when it comes to finishing goal mouth chances he's about as good as we've ever had, the problem is since the 90's Arsenal since Ian Wright have had strikers who are world class (Bergkamp, Anelka, Henry, Reyes, Adebayor, RVP) so you can see why Giroud is a little bit shy of what we're used to.

As much as I praise his inbox presence, outside the box he's fkin horrible, I counted he got robbed at least 4-5 times today, that is not good enough for an Arsenal no1 choice striker.

However until Wenger buy's an alternative I'll support Giroud, he's all we've got.

This seems neutral. I agree. We have to stick to Giroud until we get another striker in January. Unless Podolski plays CF and starts firing, we'd need another world class striker. Giroud was hopeless outside the box and if van Persie had the two chances Giroud got, he'd have scored both. That's the type we need to become a force in Europe.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:13 am

Hans Gruber wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:

By 5 points.

What the f*cking fudge packing c*nting bollocks bullshit is this you trollop of a t**t (no offence)?

It means sweet f*ck-all what other teams do. We've lost one, drawn one, and won the rest... we're top because we deserve to be there.

The only reason we haven't won back-to-back trebbles for the last 8 years straight is because we kept making errors right? :rolleyes:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:28 am

Eh? Giroud did well last night. Yes, he did miss his chance in the 2nd half, but overall he was not bad. His movements and flicks gave chances for our midfielders, especially Cazorla. Some of us just don't like the way he play. Maybe he will get bashed even if he scored.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby FrustratedGooner » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:53 am

People can really handle us playing better this year. You guys so used to moaning game after game now nothing to moan about you lot are just losing control of your self. Just accept what we have on the pitch for now and how we are doing it its good so just show some positive attitude. Imagine if one of our players drifts off on the internet and end up on this forum, he would be in such a good mood and then notices all this bull crap on here.

GOONERS POSITIVE THOUGHTS, POSITIVE THOUGHTS, COME ON BOYS AND GIRLS HAPPY THOUGHTS!!!
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:59 am

ivän itchybüm wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:That bench is looking mighty bare if we need a goal

SAINT NICKLAS!!!!!
3 career goals against liverpool
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:06 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Zenith wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Zenith wrote:Liverpool have a better record at the Emirates than any other club that has ever played in the Premier Leauge. :hiding:

I thought they'd only beaten us once?

I thought that's what the commentator said, or alternatively i'm incredibly deaf. :biggrin:

I guess no team has a good record against us here, although I could have sworn West Ham beat us twice

once
the previous time was at highbury
starmandb

Postby Popey » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:34 am

Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:On the Giroud argument ........

This seems neutral. I agree. We have to stick to Giroud until we get another striker in January. Unless Podolski plays CF and starts firing, we'd need another world class striker. Giroud was hopeless outside the box and if van Persie had the two chances Giroud got, he'd have scored both. That's the type we need to become a force in Europe.

still that comparison with judas. get over it!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14