Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool | Premier League 2/11/13

Re: Arsenal vs Liverpool | Premier League 2/11/13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Pudpop wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Angelito wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:On the Giroud argument ........

Look, when it comes to finishing goal mouth chances he's about as good as we've ever had, the problem is since the 90's Arsenal since Ian Wright have had strikers who are world class (Bergkamp, Anelka, Henry, Reyes, Adebayor, RVP) so you can see why Giroud is a little bit shy of what we're used to.

As much as I praise his inbox presence, outside the box he's fkin horrible, I counted he got robbed at least 4-5 times today, that is not good enough for an Arsenal no1 choice striker.

However until Wenger buy's an alternative I'll support Giroud, he's all we've got.

This seems neutral. I agree. We have to stick to Giroud until we get another striker in January. Unless Podolski plays CF and starts firing, we'd need another world class striker. Giroud was hopeless outside the box and if van Persie had the two chances Giroud got, he'd have scored both. That's the type we need to become a force in Europe.

van persie missed an open goal from 2 yards out this season v bayer leverkusen

Don't forget his other one against Milan...

What was that about big players winning you big games?

Remember the Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Dortmund and Villa (FA Cup) games from the same season?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:44 pm

abc123 wrote:If Taylor didn't break Eduardo's leg. :BangHead: :crybaby:

And if Shawcross hadn't done the same to Ramsey, we'd have had the quality we get today 2 years ago.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Maybe he's mentally & physically stronger because of that. I'm just thankful we have a 22 year old who is currently one of the best midfielders in Europe
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:08 pm

It's impossible to say what would have happened if he hadn't been injured, so lets just enjoy the fact we have him playing as well as he is now and not worry about the past.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby prolific » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:40 pm

:arsenal3:
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool | Premier League 2/11/13

Postby liverpoolfan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Great game from you lot, what an amazing midfield, fast fluent passing. At times is was like watching Barcelona. We got completely out played in the middle of the park so could not create anything really for suarez and sturrige. Hopefully we can bounce back and get in the top 4, Chelsea also losing at the weekend helps.
Good luck until we play at Anfield. If you carry on playing like this and pick up a few points against manure and city, I can see you winning the league.
liverpoolfan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Callum » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:00 pm

liverpoolfan wrote:Great game from you lot, what an amazing midfield, fast fluent passing. At times is was like watching Barcelona. We got completely out played in the middle of the park so could not create anything really for suarez and sturrige. Hopefully we can bounce back and get in the top 4, Chelsea also losing at the weekend helps.
Good luck until we play at Anfield. If you carry on playing like this and pick up a few points against manure and city, I can see you winning the league.

Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Kyle? » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:06 pm

liverpoolfan wrote:Great game from you lot, what an amazing midfield, fast fluent passing. At times is was like watching Barcelona. We got completely out played in the middle of the park so could not create anything really for suarez and sturrige. Hopefully we can bounce back and get in the top 4, Chelsea also losing at the weekend helps.

That was strangely reasonable. :shock:
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Santi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Liverpool fans actually realised now they're fighting for top 4 not the title, was a news article I read with twitter reaction posts and they were actually reasonable like liverpoolfan..WTF?!?!
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:58 pm

thank you
a lot of fans go missing when there team get beat
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Fran Solo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:40 pm

With all due repects, it would be difficult to compete against any top teams if Rodgers keen to play 5 defenders and 3 DMs.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zedie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:44 pm

starmandb wrote:

thank you
a lot of fans go missing when there team get beat

+1.

Hat tipped.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:48 pm

I watched a replay of the game. We were by far the better team throughout, was much less of an even contest than I expected. We could have won 6-0 had we been less wasteful in the final third (we were unbelievably so)
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I watched a replay of the game. We were by far the better team throughout, was much less of an even contest than I expected. We could have won 6-0 had we been less wasteful in the final third (we were unbelievably so)

Equally, there were a few times where things could have gone very wrong.

their 3 5 2 could easily be switched to an ultra defensive 5 3 2 in a few shouts from the dug out had they struck first.

Cazorlas early goal was really important
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Zëdië wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I watched a replay of the game. We were by far the better team throughout, was much less of an even contest than I expected. We could have won 6-0 had we been less wasteful in the final third (we were unbelievably so)

Equally, there were a few times where things could have gone very wrong.

their 3 5 2 could easily be switched to an ultra defensive 5 3 2 in a few shouts from the dug out had they struck first.

Cazorlas early goal was really important

True. We had a few ropey moments at 1-0. As always. If they had got it back to 1-1 it would have been very frustrating
Last edited by CynicalGooner on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14