Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea | League Cup 29/10/13

Re: Arsenal vs Chelsea | League Cup 29/10/13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:50 pm

By playing essien and mikel in front of the back four moureen plugged the gap that we usually play in.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Popey wrote:
Massa wrote:
greengoonerie wrote: The Chelsea game last night was an "add on/unknown" and proved that we really dont have a top class squad to compete with Chavs, and possibly Citeh and perhaps United.

Anyway, last night was a disappointment, but in all honesty, was the result unexpected? I don't think so.

Mourinho is a better manager than Arsene and proved it again last night.

+1

IMO one of the BIG differences between wenger and mourinho is that mourinho can adapt the his opponent. wenger just always plays the same way doesn't matter who we face.

Having an unlimited amount of cash helps too. Not taking anything away from Mourinho but it needs to be said when comparing both managers
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:00 pm

Mesüt wrote: Chelsea fans were annoying as shit but fair play to them, great atmosphere..our crowd was pretty flat all game.

No, I'm sorry I am not letting that go without a response. I was at that game and we in the North Bank were singing all match, it only quietened down a little after that second goal. We were louder than the chavs throughout the first half and most of the second.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:40 am

So yeah watching this on Arsenal player this evening was pretty depressing. Poor game from us and terrible video feed, buffering every 10 seconds.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby prolific » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 am

CrimsönGunner11 wrote:
Popey wrote:
Massa wrote:
greengoonerie wrote: The Chelsea game last night was an "add on/unknown" and proved that we really dont have a top class squad to compete with Chavs, and possibly Citeh and perhaps United.

Anyway, last night was a disappointment, but in all honesty, was the result unexpected? I don't think so.

Mourinho is a better manager than Arsene and proved it again last night.

+1

IMO one of the BIG differences between wenger and mourinho is that mourinho can adapt the his opponent. wenger just always plays the same way doesn't matter who we face.

Having an unlimited amount of cash helps too. Not taking anything away from Mourinho but it needs to be said when comparing both managers

It also needs to be said Arsenal now has a bit of cash to spend without risk.

Royal Gooner wrote:
Mesüt wrote: Chelsea fans were annoying as shit but fair play to them, great atmosphere..our crowd was pretty flat all game.

No, I'm sorry I am not letting that go without a response. I was at that game and we in the North Bank were singing all match, it only quietened down a little after that second goal. We were louder than the chavs throughout the first half and most of the second.

I don't understand this atmosphere talk shit bollocks. So what even if it was silent. The players on the pitch are suppose to entertain, their suppose to get the fans cheering. Anyway Royal yes, there was an atmosphere. There was also a little delay for some getting into the stadium held up in the area.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:51 pm

kronickaos wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:We still can't beat big teams. We're not champion material

we've basically put a "B" team out there tonight, get over it.

They've put a B team out too. And we haven't been close to them.

Who gives a shit? it's the f***ing COC. Last season after we went out, all everyone said was "oh it's just the COC it means nothing." But this season people are slagging the boys off for not performing in the COC as if it were the f***ing UCL.

At least wait until it's our starting 11 against their starting 11 before you slag the team off and proclaim their shittyness.

never said oh well its just the league cup ever
i want us to win every competition we play in and am always gutted if we go out
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:07 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:Game over. Not upset about the loss, went as I expected it to. Atleast that's less fixtures to worry about.

yes lets go out the fa cup in the 3rd round and the champions league group stages as well
and while we are at it lets finish outside the european places so we don,t have to worry about extra fixtures next season
because after all we are a football club
why should we have to worry about the inconveniece of playing football games?
its a squad game and a club as big as arsenal should have the squad to compete in these games they are not sprung on us out of the blue but are part and parcel of why we exist
part of the problem is players sent out believing it not to be a priviledge to wear the shirt but treat it as some kind of pennance.
winners don,t do that
they go out and try to find a way to win
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
Massa wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:Also, I don't see how assists (quality or quantity) are an indication of crossing ability. So should we assume that Oezil is one of the best crossers on the planet?

Ozil doesn't play on the wing. See diagrams above. Also I use my eyes and can see that Theo crosses frequently and amasses the majority of his assists from crosses or cutbacks.

I don't dispute he crosses frequently, I do dispute he notched up alot of assists last season from crosses.

I also don't think cutbacks are necessarily a winger attribute ie. it's something I think many players would be capable of if they were played out wide. Another way to put is that I think it's more a product of circumstance than the player.

giroud and koscielnys goals in the league cup at reading
girouds2 goals v fulham [h]
mertesakers goal v spurs[h]
girouds 1st v newcastle [h]
girouds 1st v west ham [h]
starmandb

Postby Santi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:

Could only hear Chelsea all game apart from the 'Arrrrsenal Arrrrrsenal' when we kept getting corners. Block 125, dunno where that is compared to you.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:08 am

Mesüt wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:

Could only hear Chelsea all game apart from the 'Arrrrsenal Arrrrrsenal' when we kept getting corners. Block 125, dunno where that is compared to you.

Block 125 is near the away fans in the upper tier, of course it's going to sound worse. I was in block 5 and we were singing all matdh.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14