Arsenal 0-2 Chelsea | League Cup 29/10/13

Re: Arsenal vs Chelsea | League Cup 29/10/13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:29 am

Chelsea's B team is better than our B team. Thats what it came down to. When you're starting players like Bendtner who shouldnt even be an Arsenal player and against a team like Chelsea then you're already well on your way to defeat. IMHO this game should have been a draw. Chelsea only beat us because they have experienced players who know the costs of making errors and have played enough games to handle/avoid situations that can lead to an unfavorable end result.
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Est83 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:35 am

Didn't see the game, was 2-0 a fair result?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Santi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:43 am

0-0 would be fair, Chelsea were equally as shit.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 am

Missed the game, judging by the comments it seems the injury crisis is starting to show.

We need Podolski back.

Theo also but Podolksi is really needed in a game like this. With this setup he could work playing in a striker role.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:45 am

Est83 wrote:Didn't see the game, was 2-0 a fair result?

A draw would have been a fair result imo. 0-0 to be exact. We weren't bad and were it not for Jenkinson's error the game could have ended up a draw. In fact, we may have gone on to win it the longer it stayed nil, nil. Or maybe Chelsea could have gone on to win it by a one goal margin due to the depth of their squad.

It was that evenly matched imho
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Zedie » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:08 am

Myrmedus wrote:
Zëdië wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:Expected to lose but not happy/confident about how disparate our 2nd string is looking compared to our 1st.

Also Bendtner's continued existence (as an Arsenal player) is doing my head in.

You do realise we are missing:

Walcott
arteta
podolski
flamini
gnabry
Ox

Chelsea played with full reserves today, they had no one missing.

Like I already said: look at those players, they're ALL midfielders. We have a plethora of midfield talent but that's about it, look anywhere else and we're sorely lacking.

4 of those are wing forwards. Thats like people going on about chelsea not having depth when:

Willian
hazard
schurrle
de bruyne

or

nani
young
Valencia
Junaj

etc etc are ruled out for months.

its strange how people refuse to acknowledge these situations when going on about how poor our squad is.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby kronickaos » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:08 am

CrimsönGunner11 wrote:Chelsea's B team is better than our B team. Thats what it came down to. When you're starting players like Bendtner who shouldnt even be an Arsenal player and against a team like Chelsea then you're already well on your way to defeat. IMHO this game should have been a draw. Chelsea only beat us because they have experienced players who know the costs of making errors and have played enough games to handle/avoid situations that can lead to an unfavorable end result.

Bendtner was abysmal today. I sincerely hope Wenger can pick up another striker (not even a big name striker) during the Winter window and send Bendtner on his way :pray:
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Angelito » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:32 am

Well, that was poor. Thank Lord we lost here because now the boys will be back to Planet Earth and those suggesting that 2 points against Liverpool and United isn't akin to a "disaster" might just have realized that if we fail to beat 'Pool/United, we'd have lost to Dortmund, Chelsea, Dortmund again (likelihood), and drawn to United and Liverpool in a span of two weeks. So much for title challengers Arsenal!

We need to beat Liverpool and United now. Otherwise, we'd be flat track bullies and in the same predicament as we have been for many years. I don't care what happens against Dortmund next week. Due to all the injuries and Wenger's stupidity to bring on Ozil, Giroud, whilst starting both Ramsey and Wilshere, we have to do it the hard way now. And we didn't even win!
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:01 am

Unless the squad want to be labelled another "false dawn" I suggest we get our act together against Liverpool, I'm not putting too much stock into the Chelsea game when we fielded a B team however Pool will be a different story.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... er-cup-win
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby greengoonerie » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:44 am

Angelito wrote:Well, that was poor. Thank Lord we lost here because now the boys will be back to Planet Earth and those suggesting that 2 points against Liverpool and United isn't akin to a "disaster" might just have realized that if we fail to beat 'Pool/United, we'd have lost to Dortmund, Chelsea, Dortmund again (likelihood), and drawn to United and Liverpool in a span of two weeks. So much for title challengers Arsenal!

We need to beat Liverpool and United now. Otherwise, we'd be flat track bullies and in the same predicament as we have been for many years. I don't care what happens against Dortmund next week. Due to all the injuries and Wenger's stupidity to bring on Ozil, Giroud, whilst starting both Ramsey and Wilshere, we have to do it the hard way now. And we didn't even win!

Hi Ange, I see where you're coming from but I'm not sure we need to beat United or Pool just now.

I think it's more important that we avoid defeat to both of them and in particular not losing to United would be a distinct improvement on recent seasons.

I still believe Liverpool are very limited if you can nullify Suarez/Sturridge and Gerard to some extent. THat said, I dont believe we have the players to stop all 3 of them from hurting us. There will be goals in the game, and hopefully we will score more than Pool.

I always felt that the current run of games would really show if we've got any better this season. The Chelsea game last night was an "add on/unknown" and proved that we really dont have a top class squad to compete with Chavs, and possibly Citeh and perhaps United.

United are there to be beaten this season. We shouldn't fear them.

Anyway, last night was a disappointment, but in all honesty, was the result unexpected? I don't think so.

Mourinho is a better manager than Arsene and proved it again last night.
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:33 am

greengoonerie wrote: The Chelsea game last night was an "add on/unknown" and proved that we really dont have a top class squad to compete with Chavs, and possibly Citeh and perhaps United.

Anyway, last night was a disappointment, but in all honesty, was the result unexpected? I don't think so.

+1
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 am

Zëdië wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
Zëdië wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:Expected to lose but not happy/confident about how disparate our 2nd string is looking compared to our 1st.

Also Bendtner's continued existence (as an Arsenal player) is doing my head in.

You do realise we are missing:

Walcott
arteta
podolski
flamini
gnabry
Ox

Chelsea played with full reserves today, they had no one missing.

Like I already said: look at those players, they're ALL midfielders. We have a plethora of midfield talent but that's about it, look anywhere else and we're sorely lacking.

4 of those are wing forwards. Thats like people going on about chelsea not having depth when:

Willian
hazard
schurrle
de bruyne

or

nani
young
Valencia
Junaj

etc etc are ruled out for months.

its strange how people refuse to acknowledge these situations when going on about how poor our squad is.

I already said my piece on this.

It still stands to reason that our 'depth' isn't exactly the most well rounded, particularly the striking role as I think last night aptly demonstrated - when you're relying on Bendtner for anything you know there's problems!
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fran Solo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 am

This result might be a blessing in disguise. We don't have the man power to fight in four competitions.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Zinc » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 pm

Fran Solo wrote:This result might be a blessing in disguise. We don't have the man power to fight in four competitions.

True, but then there aren't actually that many rounds left in the League cup are there? Still, 2 or 3 less games is a bonus in one sense, for a squad like ours.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Popey » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:52 pm

Massa wrote:
greengoonerie wrote: The Chelsea game last night was an "add on/unknown" and proved that we really dont have a top class squad to compete with Chavs, and possibly Citeh and perhaps United.

+1

IMO one of the BIG differences between wenger and mourinho is that mourinho can adapt the his opponent. wenger just always plays the same way doesn't matter who we face.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14