Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal | Premier League 26/10/13

Re: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/10/13

Postby kronickaos » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:21 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:You missed his point about the players' ages then. And it's a big help when you have long run of games as opposed to a few months off here or there with an injury.

i didn't miss it. I just chose to address the claim that RVP achieved 25 goals in far less time. Arguments like this are always a moot point though because the players are playing at different times and against different opponents.
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:46 pm

Omphi93 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Ramsey is on track to become the next Walcott. No matter what he does he will always be a limited player. Walcott did not win manage to win over a section of fans despite scoring and assisting the most last season so i can see where this is going with Ramsey. Had Ramsey been playing for another club the the same people slagging him would be calling him phenomenal. Ramsey is not a finished product by any standards but the kind of IMPROVEMENT he has shown in his passing/tackling/dribbling/shooting/energy is something i haven't seen in any premier league player in recent times. After his horrific leg break he has shown that when you put your mind to something you can achieve anything.

Walcott is "limited" in term of his footballing attributes

Ramsey is not not.

LOL i would be happy if you were consistent at-least. You defend Giroud [ i am not one of his haters although i think we need better and different] and literally pounce on anybody the moment somebody makes a comment about him being pretty limited which is a fact and say Walcott is limited when he comfortable out-scored and out-assisted Giroud despite not playing centrally. This is why i say one need to apply the same standards to judge players.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:48 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Ramsey this season has shown his ability over a few months, Walcott has never been that consistent.

You mean a player who is your top scorer and top assister over the course of an entire season has not been consistent ?
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Apollo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Ramsey is on track to become the next Walcott. No matter what he does he will always be a limited player. Walcott did not win manage to win over a section of fans despite scoring and assisting the most last season so i can see where this is going with Ramsey. Had Ramsey been playing for another club the the same people slagging him would be calling him phenomenal. Ramsey is not a finished product by any standards but the kind of IMPROVEMENT he has shown in his passing/tackling/dribbling/shooting/energy is something i haven't seen in any premier league player in recent times. After his horrific leg break he has shown that when you put your mind to something you can achieve anything.

Ramsey is not not.

LOL i would be happy if you were consistent at-least. You defend Giroud [ i am not one of his haters although i think we need better and different] and literally pounce on anybody the moment somebody makes a comment about him being pretty limited which is a fact and say Walcott is limited when he comfortable out-scored and out-assisted Giroud despite not playing centrally. This is why i say one need to apply the same standards to judge players.

When people reffer to Walcott being limited thats what they are talking about, his range and set of attributes.

Iv yet to see people fans and haters alike refer to Ramsey as being limited, he has a lot of criticism but thats not something that bought up and he wont "always be branded a limited player".

Walcott could be the the greatest Wing in the world and the limited tag would still apply, Its not a comment on form, efficiency,team value its a comment on his set of attributes.
Last edited by Apollo on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Apollo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Ramsey this season has shown his ability over a few months, Walcott has never been that consistent.

You mean a player who is your top scorer and top assister over the course of an entire season has not been consistent ?

Consistency isnt something you can ever link with Walcott. Has his patches of brilliance and his patches of utter rubbish.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:14 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:

Yes!

One good game in ten ;)
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:49 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:

Ramsey is not not.

Lol this^
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Apollo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Massa wrote:
Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:

Ramsey is not not.

Lol this^

Yeah except you wouldn't be able to disagree or discredit anything that was said.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zinc » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:33 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
If you try to make a comparsion in favor of your beloved player make it at least somewhat comparable .. RVP nearly got the same playtime in his first two years unlike Giroud who is a regular starter and plays mostly the full game.

RVP joined us at the age of ~21
RVP played in 2004/2005 1392min in all competitions
RVP played in 2005/2006 1760min in all competitions
= 3152min and end up with 18goals
3152/18 = 175,11min

To reach his goal number 25 in all competitions
20g +296min
21g +170 + 142
23g +179 + 67
24g +279
25g +69 (21.11.06 against Hamburg in the CL)
4354/25 = 174,16
He needed 4354min (if I didn't make a mistake) at the age of 23years so he bet Giroud which stats look like that.

Giroud joined us at the age of ~26
Giroud played 3206min in all competitions in his first season 2012/2013
Giroud played 1181min in all competitions this season so far
= 4387min and end up with 25goals.
4387/25 = 175,48

Oh dear - what are you on about beloved? I simply stated a fact, I made no comparison anywhere - well done for creating a strawman. So many immature people on this message-board.
Last edited by Zinc on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:34 pm

Zinc wrote:Some many immature people on this message-board.

that's what your mum said last night gaylord

lol
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Zinc » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Callum wrote:
Zinc wrote:Some many immature people on this message-board.

that's what your mum said last night gaylord

lol

Really? Your mum didn't get much chance to say anything, she knows I don't like people speaking with their mouths full.

:sneaky2:
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Apollo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:43 pm

AF would really appreciate a response to the post.

Took exception to what was said, same standards apply to all..

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Zinc wrote:Really? Your mum didn't get much chance to say anything, she knows I don't like people speaking with their mouths full.

:sneaky2:

omg so gay

n00b
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Schlandi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Zinc wrote:Oh dear - what are you on about beloved? I simply stated a fact, I made no comparison anywhere - well done for creating a strawman. So many immature people on this message-board.

I simply analysed the statements which were made here.
And your sentence "It took Robin over 2 years to hit 25 goals" is of course a comparsion in the context.
Dunno what you mean with the straw man as a not native english speaker.
And your last sentence lead me to the conclusion that I might be old enough to be your father :hiding:

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Gooner_Gaz » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Anyone think Giroud was quite poor yesterday.....apart from his goal
Gooner_Gaz
Patrick Vieira

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14