Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal | Premier League 26/10/13

Re: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/10/13

Postby Kyle? » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:22 pm

Callum wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:Me, and i stand by what i said.

We played the worst PL team since derby county and nearly f***ked up, hardly something to write home about.

A couple of not-so-great performances (in which he still got an assist) and you'r banging on about how you saw this coming and that you were right all along. There's a reason why literally no one else agrees with you about Ramsey, and it's obvious you're just pulling stuff out of your arse to justify you're illogical and weird dislike of him. I mean, I can understand the Giroud thing - he's a very attractive man and has probably awoken something inside of you, which has made you a bit confused. It happens. Don't fight it.

Couple of points.

1. I don't dislike Ramsey, in fact i wish some of our other players were more like him, he's responsible and doesn't get in trouble, which is good for us as a club. He's just a limited player unfortunately.

2. I don't dislike Giroud, he's just not the calibre of CF a team aiming to win the title needs. Of our rivals, only Chelsea have a lesser starting CF than us. I don't mind Giroud as a number 2 option, we need a better starter though.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Hans Gruber wrote:
Callum wrote:

We played the worst PL team since derby county and nearly f***ked up, hardly something to write home about.

A couple of not-so-great performances (in which he still got an assist) and you'r banging on about how you saw this coming and that you were right all along. There's a reason why literally no one else agrees with you about Ramsey, and it's obvious you're just pulling stuff out of your arse to justify you're illogical and weird dislike of him. I mean, I can understand the Giroud thing - he's a very attractive man and has probably awoken something inside of you, which has made you a bit confused. It happens. Don't fight it.

Couple of points.

1. I don't dislike Ramsey, in fact i wish some of our other players were more like him, he's responsible and doesn't get in trouble, which is good for us as a club. He's just a limited player unfortunately.

2. I don't dislike Giroud, he's just not the calibre of CF a team aiming to win the title needs. Of our rivals, only Chelsea have a lesser starting CF than us. I don't mind Giroud as a number 2 option, we need a better starter though.

One of the most complete CMs in the world, interested to know what you think he is missing?
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Kyle? » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:28 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
Callum wrote:

Couple of points.

One of the most complete CMs in the world, interested to know what you think he is missing?

A good sensible question, so i'll give a good sensible answer.

1. I think he's still a bit limited/iffy with his passing for starters. Sometimes he misses really simple passes, and he still has an annoying tendency to overhit long balls, which wouldn't be so much of a problem is we had a pace merchant for a CF, but with someone like Giroud, you have to be more precise, and Ramsey still has precision issues.

2. He gives away niggly fouls too often, which gets really annoying

3. He still dawdles on the ball, his decision making isn't quick enough for him to be considered a top player.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Pudpop » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:31 pm

Hans Gruber wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
Callum wrote:

Couple of points.

1. I think he's still a bit limited/iffy with his passing for starters. Sometimes he misses really simple passes, and he still has an annoying tendency to overhit long balls, which wouldn't be so much of a problem is we had a pace merchant for a CF, but with someone like Giroud, you have to be more precise, and Ramsey still has precision issues.

3. He still dawdles on the ball, his decision making isn't quick enough for him to be considered a top player.

All 3 of which come with experience, not so? At 22 (23?) I think he's on track to be phenomenal
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:40 pm

Hans Gruber wrote:Couple of points.

Do you watch Ramsey play?

He's always had a great engine, and is a strong tackler, but this season he's evolved into a complete midfielder. He's become incredibly accomplished in front of goal, his passing is intricate and well executed and his movement off the ball allows him to get into great goalscoring positions. Please, tell me - where are his weaknesses? In what sense is he 'limited'?

Giroud isn't world class, and yes, we do need another striker, but judging from your posting history - especially during yesterday's match thread - you seem to actively dislike the guy, you constantly bash him and I couldn't believe your attitude when he scored. You seemed to be annoyed when he did as it went against the narrative you were pedaling. Even his biggest critics still want him to score and do well so Arsenal have a better chance of winning.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Hans Gruber wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
Callum wrote:

Couple of points.

Fair enough, all 3 are minor issues which can be improved with more experience/training.
Personally I think he's passing is good and he's proven he can play a final pass.
I think he's made the most tackles in the prem this season, Arteta/Flamini give away little fouls like that too so I think its probably more of a tactical issue in how to prevent a counter or stopping teams from getting into our box.
His decision making has improved with the confidence he has gained over this calender year, he always keeps his head up. More often than not it's players around him not giving him an outlet to release to (what I think made him lose the ball against Napoli)
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Kyle? » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:43 pm

Callum wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:Couple of points.

Do you watch Ramsey play?

He's always had a great engine, and is a strong tackler, but this season he's evolved into a complete midfielder. He's become incredibly accomplished in front of goal, his passing is intricate and well executed and his movement off the ball allows him to get into great goalscoring positions. Please, tell me - where are his weaknesses? In what sense is he 'limited'?

Giroud isn't world class, and yes, we do need another striker, but judging from your posting history - especially during yesterday's match thread - you seem to actively dislike the guy, you constantly bash him and I couldn't believe your attitude when he scored. You seemed to be annoyed when he did as it went against the narrative you were pedaling. Even his biggest critics still want him to score and do well so Arsenal have a better chance of winning.

1. I never criticised Ramsey's engine. And i've already listed his weaknesses in reply to a better poster

2. I don't dislike him, it's just annoying watching someone miss simple opportunities repeatedly.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Schlandi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Zinc wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:Giroud always makes the wrong decisions

25 goals and 16 assists.
always is a sanitory product designed to stop unwanted leakage
its not meant to be used orally but in your case it may be a good idea

OK, but it's taken him 14 months to acheive those numbers, RVP did similar in far less time.

Proves that Giroud isn't good enough, especially as RVP had sod all talent around him, Giroud has Mesut Ozil and Santi Cazorla.

There's some facts.

It took Robin over 2 years to hit 25 goals.

If you try to make a comparsion in favor of your beloved player make it at least somewhat comparable .. RVP nearly got the same playtime in his first two years unlike Giroud who is a regular starter and plays mostly the full game.

RVP joined us at the age of ~21
RVP played in 2004/2005 1392min in all competitions
RVP played in 2005/2006 1760min in all competitions
= 3152min and end up with 18goals
3152/18 = 175,11min

To reach his goal number 25 in all competitions
20g +296min
21g +170 + 142
23g +179 + 67
24g +279
25g +69 (21.11.06 against Hamburg in the CL)
4354/25 = 174,16
He needed 4354min (if I didn't make a mistake) at the age of 23years so he bet Giroud which stats look like that.

Giroud joined us at the age of ~26
Giroud played 3206min in all competitions in his first season 2012/2013
Giroud played 1181min in all competitions this season so far
= 4387min and end up with 25goals.
4387/25 = 175,48

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Kyle? » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:47 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zinc wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
starmandb wrote:

25 goals and 16 assists.

OK, but it's taken him 14 months to acheive those numbers, RVP did similar in far less time.

Proves that Giroud isn't good enough, especially as RVP had sod all talent around him, Giroud has Mesut Ozil and Santi Cazorla.

There's some facts.

If you try to make a comparsion in favor of your beloved player make it at least somewhat comparable .. RVP nearly got the same playtime in his first two years unlike Giroud who is a regular starter and plays mostly the full game.

3152/18 = 175,11min

20g +296min
21g +170 + 142
23g +179 + 67
24g +279
4354/25 = 174,16
He needed 4354min (if I didn't make a mistake) at the age of 23years so he bet Giroud which stats look like that.

4387/25 = 175,48

You out starmanned starman :lol:

Take a bow.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby kronickaos » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:06 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Zinc wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:
starmandb wrote:

25 goals and 16 assists.

There's some facts.

3152/18 = 175,11min

20g +296min
21g +170 + 142
23g +179 + 67
24g +279
4354/25 = 174,16

4387/25 = 175,48

that's really cool that you did all that, but I believe it was stated that Van Persie got to 25 in far less time... a difference of 33 minutes is not a long time.
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:36 pm

You missed his point about the players' ages then. And it's a big help when you have long run of games as opposed to a few months off here or there with an injury.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Schlandi » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:42 pm

kronickaos wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Zinc wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:OK, but it's taken him 14 months to acheive those numbers, RVP did similar in far less time.

There's some facts.

My wall of text

that's really cool that you did all that, but I believe it was stated that Van Persie got to 25 in far less time... a difference of 33 minutes is not a long time.

No problem just overlooked the van Persie stats and noticed the huge difference in playtime so I was interested in the "real comparsion" within seconds (must have something to do with my german background and our "annoying trend" to be freaky accurate ;) ).

Indeed 33minutes isn't that much but RVP was mostly a sub player at start from my point of view it's quiet difficult to get into the game in the f.e. last 10minutes and make such huge impact like scoring a goal also RVP came from Rotterdam as young unexperienced talent were he also wasn't a starter for most of the season. Quiet in contrast to Giroud who came as experienced top goal getter (together with Nene from PSG) from the french league. So personally I would rate the performance from RVP much higher then the one from Giroud even it's in total just a small difference of around 80secs. in favor of RVP to score a goal.

Edit:
Damn, ThereIsBearCüm made a sliding tackle while I was typing :Peace:
Last edited by Schlandi on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Ramsey is on track to become the next Walcott. No matter what he does he will always be a limited player. Walcott did not win manage to win over a section of fans despite scoring and assisting the most last season so i can see where this is going with Ramsey. Had Ramsey been playing for another club the the same people slagging him would be calling him phenomenal. Ramsey is not a finished product by any standards but the kind of IMPROVEMENT he has shown in his passing/tackling/dribbling/shooting/energy is something i haven't seen in any premier league player in recent times. After his horrific leg break he has shown that when you put your mind to something you can achieve anything.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Apollo » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:09 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:Ramsey is on track to become the next Walcott. No matter what he does he will always be a limited player. Walcott did not win manage to win over a section of fans despite scoring and assisting the most last season so i can see where this is going with Ramsey. Had Ramsey been playing for another club the the same people slagging him would be calling him phenomenal. Ramsey is not a finished product by any standards but the kind of IMPROVEMENT he has shown in his passing/tackling/dribbling/shooting/energy is something i haven't seen in any premier league player in recent times. After his horrific leg break he has shown that when you put your mind to something you can achieve anything.

Walcott is "limited" in term of his footballing attributes

Ramsey is not not.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Ramsey this season has shown his ability over a few months, Walcott has never been that consistent.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14