Crystal Palace 0-2 Arsenal | Premier League 26/10/13

Re: Crystal Palace vs Arsenal | Premier League 26/10/13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:19 pm

LOL, look at us asking his opinion as if because he has the stats he knows all!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Apollo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:LOL, look at us asking his opinion as if because he has the stats he knows all!!!

I dont think anyone actually knows what his stance is, all i see are numbers lol. :dontknow:

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:41 pm

Omphi93 wrote:Starman, stats aside,

In your opinion in terms of versatitlity and the type of play Walcott is suited to, would you refer to him as a limited player?

This is not saying how good he is or isnt at what he does, just asking whether you would consider him limited?

Would you also consider him consistent in terms of regular or consistent good performances?

i thought walcott was a pace merchant only
in the last 18 months i have seen an improvement
he makes much more inteligent runs and his finishing has improved more than just on instinct
it would seem that if he is not scoring or assisting that he is a bit of a luxury but i think he brings pace into the team that is sometimes missing. he did rather well at that scoring and assisting thing last season and being as how that wins you games then i believe he has something to offer the squad.
there is also that fantastic record of nearly 4 goals per game when he podolski and giroud have been on the pitch together
surely an asset that is worth involvement at the club?
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:45 pm

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:LOL, look at us asking his opinion as if because he has the stats he knows all!!!

never put myself forward as a font of tactical knowledge i am just a fan
you asked me my opinion of when i believed walcott had played well and i offered it
i know it is objective and people see games differently
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Omphi93 wrote:

I dont think anyone actually knows what his stance is, all i see are numbers lol. :dontknow:

supporting the arsenal mate
only stance to take
starmandb

Postby Apollo » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:57 pm

starmandb wrote:

In your opinion in terms of versatitlity and the type of play Walcott is suited to, would you refer to him as a limited player?

This is not saying how good he is or isnt at what he does, just asking whether you would consider him limited?

Would you also consider him consistent in terms of regular or consistent good performances?

he makes much more inteligent runs and his finishing has improved more than just on instinct
it would seem that if he is not scoring or assisting that he is a bit of a luxury but i think he brings pace into the team that is sometimes missing. he did rather well at that scoring and assisting thing last season and being as how that wins you games then i believe he has something to offer the squad.
there is also that fantastic record of nearly 4 goals per game when he podolski and giroud have been on the pitch together

I dont disagree with anything you said, people interpret limited to mean bad or useless, thats not the case it just means limited.

Flamini is somewhat limited but is an absolute gem to have in the side for what he does provide.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:59 pm

starmandb wrote:

never put myself forward as a font of tactical knowledge i am just a fan
you asked me my opinion of when i believed walcott had played well and i offered it
i know it is objective and people see games differently

:cheers:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:02 pm

starmandb wrote:

Good post starman.

People still judge Walcott based on what he was when he started his Arsenal carrier. His link-up play, movement, finishing and final ball has come a long way and not to forget his blistering pace. In my opinion his game may have been one dimensional when he started his Arsenal carrier but now his game is much more than knocking the ball behind the defender and running past him.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby defcon2005 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:54 pm

not having theo and poldi available is just starting to hurt us
tonight really showed up our lack of depth with people that can score goals, we cant rely on ramsey and giroud all the time
but we knew that anyway
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby Zinc » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:31 am

We have decent depth in some areas and a serious lack of depth in others - hopefully January can address that a little but I wouldn't set your hopes too high.
Massa wrote:Barely a goalscorer when he plays for Bayern
Zinc
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14