Arsenal 1-2 B Dortmund | Champions League 22/10/13

Re: Arsenal vs B Dortmund | Champions League 22/10/13

Postby Kyle? » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:23 am

Zëdië wrote:How have dortmund been playing up till now?

They're 2nd. No idea how they've been, must have been poor, because they were top last time i watched.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Kyle? » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:25 am

Klopp has a touchline ban against us

Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Trequartista » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:28 am

Massa wrote:
Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Wilshere Özil Cazorla
Giroud

Barring any injuries in training, I'm 100% this is how we will line up. I was really expecting/hoping Theo would be back and raring to go for this one, but given the way Wilshere played v Norwich we should be okay.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:35 am

Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
Ramsey - Flamini
Wilshere - Ozil - Rosicky
Giroud

Fabianksi
Jenkinson
Vermaelen
Monreal
Arteta
Cazorla
Bendtner

This game will be our biggest test. If we can deal with Dortmund in the same manner that we did with Napoli, then we will establish ourselves as one of the most feared sides in Europe. It is going to be tough though, and we will need to be at our best. Their counter attack is deadly and they have started this season superbly. We're going to need a solid defensive performance from the back four, as well as Flamini being at his best. I'm confident Ozil, Giroud, Ramsey and Wilshere can open up their defense, however, and I think we should be starting with Rosicky who looked sharp when he came on against Norwich.

If we win this, then we're as good as through as I'd expect us to deal with Marseille at home.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:28 am

I know its early days and Arteta is just back from injury but Arteta's legs don't look like they are going to last the season. I know he has just come back from injury but premier league is notorious for its pace and physicality especially in demanding positions like central midfield. He does not look like somebody who has the legs to play 90 minutes week in week out and you simply cannot waste one substitution every week just to accommodate a particular player. Arteta is a good squad option for me and his calming influence is a good thing to have but football is cruel and you cannot hide player in the middle of the park. With plenty of games and 4 competitions to play we need a big squad but i would be massively surprised if he is a starting option for us come the end of the season.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:37 am

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:I know its early days and Arteta is just back from injury but Arteta's legs don't look like they are going to last the season. I know he has just come back from injury but premier league is notorious for its pace and physicality especially in demanding positions like central midfield. He does not look like somebody who has the legs to play 90 minutes week in week out and you simply cannot waste one substitution every week just to accommodate a particular player. Arteta is a good squad option for me and his calming influence is a good thing to have but football is cruel and you cannot hide player in the middle of the park. With plenty of games and 4 competitions to play we need a big squad but i would be massively surprised if he is a starting option for us come the end of the season.

Good point. I think as the season goes on and we get our wingers back, arteta and flamini will be rotated instead of played together. Still, will we move for a kheidra type if the opportunity steps up?

Stamina wise, he still looks short atm but that will improve. If we had the chance to sign a khidera level, it must be done.

arteta isnt getting any younger.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:35 am

Massa wrote:We won't lose this.

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Wilshere Özil Cazorla
Giroud

^This.

Amazing how thugs change in several months or so.. This time last season we'd all be confident in taking a spanking from these.. Now we know we can actually beat them!
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:06 am

This game will not be as open as the one against Napoli. We are in supreme from atm but Dortmund are a very good team. The interesting point to note here is that with us being unbeaten in all competitions so far this season barring the Villa loss Dortmund would bite our hands off if we offered them a point now. Things change so quickly sometimes in football that although a point would be decent for us there would be a tinge of disappointment if we do not win this game. That is what success does to you. We need to manage our expectations and respect our oppositions if we are going to end our trophy drought this season. I think this season this team so far has shown it has what it takes to take the title fight to the end but the fans need to give them all the support not just when the team is winning and playing well but when the chips are down.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:56 am

We'll beat ze germans as we have done before (and in many different ways!). As long as the team play as well as they did against the other yellow team, we will win since lewandoski isn't that much of a threat that he turns out to be.

Yes those Dortmund fans will be noisy but this time they won't be stealing tickets from the home areas and the Arsenal fans will do better that them.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:43 am

They have a lot of injuries. If we can keep Reus quiet, we'll win
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:05 am

Hopefully Flamini will be okay to play. Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Reus & Lewandowski will cause us problems
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:26 am

This shall be a goal-fest. We haven't come up against a team near as fluid as them yet.... God this will be good.

Shitting myself though
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 am

CynicalGooner wrote:They have a lot of injuries. If we can keep Reus quiet, we'll win

Who? is it like our injury crisis when the first team was ok but the understudies werent?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:34 am

Zëdië wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:They have a lot of injuries. If we can keep Reus quiet, we'll win

Who? is it like our injury crisis when the first team was ok but the understudies werent?

Hummels, Gundogan, Piszczek, Kehl and a couple other squad players
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zenith » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:36 am

Piszczek and Kehl are definitely out. Gündogan, Reus and Owomoyela are back in training, allegedly.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14