Arsenal 1-2 B Dortmund | Champions League 22/10/13

Re: Arsenal vs B Dortmund | Champions League 22/10/13

Postby Schlandi » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
prolific wrote:
Stefan ‏@bvbawesome
Here is a picture of Arsenal's "backtracking" before the 2:1. Rosicky and Özil not doing their jobs. #afc #bvb
2:54 PM - 23 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/bvbawesome/status/3 ... 5259282433

Does Rosicky ever defend. He's an all out attack minded player. Ozil ? Sagna unacceptable!

That's f***ing horrific, especially from Sagna as it was from their left wing they scored (Sagna's domain).

That kind of shit is unacceptable, I agree, especially at this level. Well there you go, you snooze you lose.

Maybe our offensive could start to participate in the defensive work too cause in every successful team the offensive also do some defensice work. While f.e. Özil only show up once yesterday with a foul at Hummels around the 85min their offensive midfield did track back and played some fast and high standing pressing nearly the whole game. If you look at another stat Aubameyang who came on at the 66min did more clearenaces than Özil, Giroud, Rosicky and Carzola combined..

Also Lewandowski did some good defensive work near their box while Giroud was defensive wise not existing he always camped at the halfway line and shacking his balls. You already have some screens of the scene before the 2:1 here where Lewandowski maintained the ball in their half and go straight to our box while our midfielders at the right side of the pitch (Rosicky, Özil) which were much closer to our goal than Sagna trot back like they were already doing the cool-down. You can be quiet sure that if the RB from Dortmund get caught in such a situation their midfielders would rush back unlike most of ours. Dortmund also covered around ~11500meters more than us.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Callum » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:22 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:......... last but not least and I don't know why I have to repeat this but I said I'm not blaming it all on Giroud but once again Ramsey can get criticised, Walcott, Cazorla, Wilshere but apparently NO ONE can criticise Giroud without the usual suspects piping up.

No, that's not the case. As one of the biggest supporters of Giroud, I will openly admit he's under-performed in cases where he has under-performed. The reason why his biggest supporters leap to defend him is because he is unfairly criticised more than any other Arsenal player. There have been games where he has been heavily involved yet still people describe him as anonymous and invisible. It's almost as if some fans still hold it against him that he isn't Robin van Persie. It's incredibly frustrating and he's basically become the fans' favourite scapegoat now that Eboue has moved on and Ramsey has come good.

If he does something wrong or has a bad game, there's nowt wrong with pointing it out - what's mind-numbingly annoying is when he is singled out for criticism when he's still playing better than the majority of our side.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Myrmedus wrote:No, he's saying the "Giroud went missing" argument is balls.

We need Walcott/Podolski but not because Giroud goes missing but simply as another outlet.

Do you actually think Giroud had a good second half or that he hardly touched the ball?

You see that's all I'm saying.

I can say Ramsey had his worst game this season, I can say Rozza was bad for the first 20mins ....... nobody say's anything.

Ramsey has still turned into a great player and Rosicky came through and was great for us after that 20 min bad patch and was one of our best players.

I said Giroud was good 1st half but had a poor second half and because of that we missed the extra goal threat Walcott / Podolski provide and it turns into a fkin page long debate on having an opinion on Giroud!

Stop being a bunch of martyrs, I understand his fans have probably had a battering the last two seasons so get overly defensive but get over it.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:08 pm

dunkdafunk wrote:I'm still pretty depressed today, work was terrible with my spud boss bringing the game up every few minutes.
Still were playing at a whole other level to that scum.

I feel your pain probably x5, Try working where I was today, I almost walked out twice and it wasn't even football related.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Grouchgooner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:19 pm

starmandb wrote:
Grouchgooner wrote:Poor decision by Wenger, Bendtner offers little in a match like this imo

bendtner
3 goals v liverpool and porto
2 v spurs and man city
i v chelsea, barcelona and kiev

0 v Dortmund
Grouchgooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Dejan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Grouchgooner wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Grouchgooner wrote:Poor decision by Wenger, Bendtner offers little in a match like this imo

bendtner
3 goals v liverpool and porto
2 v spurs and man city
i v chelsea, barcelona and kiev

0 v Dortmund

you just starmanned him back :rofll:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:28 pm

:grin:
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby prolific » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:58 pm

Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes
Check what Dortmund fans did to the seats at Emirates last night? Not such "classy" fans any more, eh?
9:53 PM - 23 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status ... 12/photo/1

I still don't believe they were all nutters.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Gunpowder » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Probably it's because of jumping. I don't think they intend to harm.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:13 pm

prolific wrote:
Messi Minutes ‏@MessiMinutes
Check what Dortmund fans did to the seats at Emirates last night? Not such "classy" fans any more, eh?
9:53 PM - 23 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status ... 12/photo/1

I still don't believe they were all nutters.

So that's where the screw that hit my friend came from. Bunch of thugs and vandals, and what's worse I warned the stewards to watch the away fans. I thought they were just standing on the barriers but if they were doing this. By the steward's inaction, they have just cost Arsenal money in replacing the seats.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby arsebandit » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:19 pm

Oh so what.. If we had won would anybody really care... Obviously apart from the screw hitting your friend...I thought they were fantastic, there will always be a few tools in the box however
arsebandit
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StarGiroud » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:31 pm

LETS TO THAT AT THERE STADIUM.
StarGiroud

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:37 pm

StarGiroud wrote:LETS TO THAT AT THERE STADIUM.

Why not? An eye for an eye and all that. Then again, the polizei (or whatever the police are called) might be a bit more active.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Btw, it's not the loss, it's the performance that's worrying. It's also the fact that we have a big series of matches coming up and we lose the first one of the lot! But for me, it's the fact that we really missed Walcott and Podolski.

Walcott yes, Podolski no. This is the kind of game he goes missing in.

podolski
has scored
4 v schalke
3 v bayern munich
2 v dortmund
2 v sporting lisbon
1 v spurs
1 v inter milan
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:39 pm

kronickaos wrote:
ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
starmandb wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:f***ing fans leaving. Roar the team on and then clap them off.

agree with the sentiment but where were you?

So everyone has the means to get to every game now do they?

I don't think he was getting at that. Just the fact that you can only see what the camera on TV shows, so don't be quick to judge. They rarely ever show the upper levels and just because it looks like a majority of people have left doesn't mean that there weren't loads of people still there clapping the team off.

exactly
i,m sick of our fans keep getting reviewed badly
been going football for years all over the country and seen fans streaming out of grounds everywhere
but unlike the salt of the earth northeners its always us fickle old southerners who get the flack
its a load of old bollocks
arsenal fans are as passionate as any
starmandb

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14