Arsenal 1-2 B Dortmund | Champions League 22/10/13

Re: Arsenal vs B Dortmund | Champions League 22/10/13

Postby prolific » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:12 pm

Stefan ‏@bvbawesome
Here is a picture of Arsenal's "backtracking" before the 2:1. Rosicky and Özil not doing their jobs. #afc #bvb
2:54 PM - 23 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/bvbawesome/status/3 ... 5259282433

Does Rosicky ever defend. He's an all out attack minded player. Ozil ? Sagna unacceptable!
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:14 pm

prolific wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
prolific wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
prolific wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
starmandb wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:f***ing fans leaving. Roar the team on and then clap them off.

agree with the sentiment but where were you?

Ignorance at it's best right there...

Loads of fans stayed behind to applaud the team off and show Dortmund respect. There were a fair few above the Dortmund fans that were intrigued to say the least :lol: Dortmund is one of those clubs that touches a soft spot :crybaby: Having said that we were f***ing poor, a fair few didn't turn up. Dortmund pounced on mistakes, nothing more. Had Dortmund been in full flow we'd of f***ing knew about it. Disappointing loss but a loss against Dortmund is nothing to be ashamed of.

I stayed until the Arsenal players had gone in. I wouldn't be so favourable to Dortmund given they were given a free pass to ignore the ground regs while normal Arsenal fans were getting talkings to from our hypocritical stewards (myself included) for doing similar things. Also, as I mentioned before, someone I know at the game had a screw thrown at him.

Why didn't the most annoying announcer on tannoy tell the Dortmund fans to sit down? We do seem to cater a lot. There are a fair few nutty fans in the Dortmund ranks, Bayern too. Their supporters aren't all bellends though.

I know. I even told a steward regarding the cheerleader standing on the barrier at the front, the official excuse they gave me was "they're guests" and that the control wasn't going to do anything about this flagrant beach of the ground regs and H&S. I wouldn't normally mind but when they have a go at me for standing when Gooners in the next block are standing infuriates me by the fact there is no consistency.

Thankfully at half time, they moved me to a spare seat where people were standing so I could.

And then they catered for you too :smartass:

Consistency would be borderline nazi, in all areas that is and would drown out a fair bit of fun. The rules do have to be relaxed a little although they have to remain in place, the authorities outside of Arsenal would have been watching carefully but they too would understand the need to just monitor the situation. Tricky one I know whatever way you look at it.

Consistency is a Nazi notion? Really?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 pm

starmandb wrote:

So everyone has the means to get to every game now do they?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby kronickaos » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:22 pm

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
starmandb wrote:

So everyone has the means to get to every game now do they?

I don't think he was getting at that. Just the fact that you can only see what the camera on TV shows, so don't be quick to judge. They rarely ever show the upper levels and just because it looks like a majority of people have left doesn't mean that there weren't loads of people still there clapping the team off.
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby prolific » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Royal Gooner wrote:
prolific wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
prolific wrote:
Royal Gooner wrote:
prolific wrote:
ivän itchybüm wrote:
starmandb wrote:

Ignorance at it's best right there...

Loads of fans stayed behind to applaud the team off and show Dortmund respect. There were a fair few above the Dortmund fans that were intrigued to say the least :lol: Dortmund is one of those clubs that touches a soft spot :crybaby: Having said that we were f***ing poor, a fair few didn't turn up. Dortmund pounced on mistakes, nothing more. Had Dortmund been in full flow we'd of f***ing knew about it. Disappointing loss but a loss against Dortmund is nothing to be ashamed of.

I stayed until the Arsenal players had gone in. I wouldn't be so favourable to Dortmund given they were given a free pass to ignore the ground regs while normal Arsenal fans were getting talkings to from our hypocritical stewards (myself included) for doing similar things. Also, as I mentioned before, someone I know at the game had a screw thrown at him.

Why didn't the most annoying announcer on tannoy tell the Dortmund fans to sit down? We do seem to cater a lot. There are a fair few nutty fans in the Dortmund ranks, Bayern too. Their supporters aren't all bellends though.

I know. I even told a steward regarding the cheerleader standing on the barrier at the front, the official excuse they gave me was "they're guests" and that the control wasn't going to do anything about this flagrant beach of the ground regs and H&S. I wouldn't normally mind but when they have a go at me for standing when Gooners in the next block are standing infuriates me by the fact there is no consistency.

Thankfully at half time, they moved me to a spare seat where people were standing so I could.

And then they catered for you too :smartass:

Consistency would be borderline nazi, in all areas that is and would drown out a fair bit of fun. The rules do have to be relaxed a little although they have to remain in place, the authorities outside of Arsenal would have been watching carefully but they too would understand the need to just monitor the situation. Tricky one I know whatever way you look at it.

Consistency is a Nazi notion? Really?

No I didn't mean it as simplistic as that. If you abide by the rules to the full you become a control freak and suck the fun out of an event which could be both safe and enjoyable given you relax the rules a little. I understand the frustration on our part, that we all cannot stand and all.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:07 pm

Omphi93 wrote:
starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Massa wrote:People who claim Walcott isn't important to our play are either stupid or stubborn as f**k

We really needed the Podolski/Walcott option today.

When Giroud goes missing in games like this we REALLY need them.

I disagree with Giroud going missing, did you watch the match? He was making himself a pain in the arse to the Dortmund defence all game. The issue for me was a lack of incision in the build-up play before reaching Giroud (ie. he didn't get enough chances created for him to convert).

Great he was a pain in the arse, but we needed goals and like I've said before Giroud is only good for nicking that one perfectly placed unmarked goal in the box, after that he never scores again and he faded a bit in the 2nd half.

I'm not saying its all his fault I'm just saying without Walcott or Podolski to bail him out we suffer if we need more than one goal from our striker.

i could list his 2 goal performances again but you would just ignore them and if you think his goal last night was just about being in the right place at the right time then i don,t know what else to say

Starman never forgets. lol i knew this was gonna get starman'd

Doesn't change the fact that we needed more goals, doesn't change the fact that Giroud is almost exclusively good for just one goal a game.

You can list a couple of times he did it last year if you want but it doesn't change matters.

Also Giroud is a target man so yes being in the right place at the right time is pretty much all its about, I can break it down for you if you want?

......... last but not least and I don't know why I have to repeat this but I said I'm not blaming it all on Giroud but once again Ramsey can get criticised, Walcott, Cazorla, Wilshere but apparently NO ONE can criticise Giroud without the usual suspects piping up.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:18 pm

starmandb wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Massa wrote:People who claim Walcott isn't important to our play are either stupid or stubborn as f**k

We really needed the Podolski/Walcott option today.

When Giroud goes missing in games like this we REALLY need them.

he worked the channels all night and scored
that may have gone missing on your telly

......... so your saying we "don't" need Walcott or Podolski then?? :rolleyes:

Funny I thought we needed goals last night, if Giroud can't score a brace who else are we going to turn to?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

No, he's saying the "Giroud went missing" argument is balls.

We need Walcott/Podolski but not because Giroud goes missing but simply as another outlet.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:36 pm

prolific wrote:
Stefan ‏@bvbawesome
Here is a picture of Arsenal's "backtracking" before the 2:1. Rosicky and Özil not doing their jobs. #afc #bvb
2:54 PM - 23 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/bvbawesome/status/3 ... 5259282433

Does Rosicky ever defend. He's an all out attack minded player. Ozil ? Sagna unacceptable!

That's f***ing horrific, especially from Sagna as it was from their left wing they scored (Sagna's domain).

That kind of shit is unacceptable, I agree, especially at this level. Well there you go, you snooze you lose.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:41 pm

elkanofan wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:
Trina wrote:
Angelito wrote:@ Callum

Go watch the game. Ramsey misplaced EVERY pass and tried to beat 4 f'kin players neat his own box. He was the direct reason why we conceded and if that's enough, he continued to pull out those type of passes that he used to try. I just said I hope it's a glitch because one doesn't have such a poor, poor performance on the back of 12 games of awesomeness.

You don't need to explain to me that everybody has an off game. Having an off game is fine and I'm not complaining much about Wilshere who had a bad game too because Wilshere, despite misplacing passes, didn't try fancy stuffs aNd tricks like Ramsey did.

There is no reason to be touchy, touchy. The loss doesn't bother me because I expected a draw. I didn't expect us to win here. What bothers me is the way we were hopeless, except Arteta and Rosicky, and later on Cazorla. We need our wingers back ASAP.

TO be fair, Ramsey wasnt the only one trying the fancy passes. There were a few including Sagna which Ive noticed no one had mentioned. I thought his passing in the first half was awful. He was in a great position a number of times when he got the ball then gave it away doing daft things.

Agreed. His cross for our goal was good, but aside from that he was a dogs dinner all game. Too many of our players are just careless in possession

Part of the problem for me was the game against Norwich - we produced such ridiculous football that it seems we tried to do the same thing today but you can't always produce at that level.

Norwich are absolute shit. Hence why we could play FIFA street like football to smash them. Teams in our league like that are shit, total gash and can be brushed aside without too many problems unlike Dortmund. We have 'failed' our first huge test, however we need to take the mistakes we made and rectify them so the Scourers and Manure still get whopped by us in the next few weeks. Also again Dortmund are far, far, far better than Manure and Liverpool

I agree, I'm just explaining that I think that was the issue and why they played the way they did. I think we were overconfident, to the extent of being cocky, and we didn't treat Dortmund with enough respect. If you look at the whole game it had undercurrents of overconfidence the whole time.

Hopefully this will have been a little lesson in humility that they'll pick themselves up from.

Royal Gooner wrote:What was Chesney doing for their first goal? .

Again, swerve. Ball moved a stupid amount, to the point where it actually changes its destination corner mid-flight
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Massa » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:47 pm

Their second goal hurt so f***ing much
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:49 pm

Yeah agreed, I haven't felt a sinking feeling like that in football for quite some time.

For the last few years I didn't really allow my expectations to get that high so disappointments didn't hit me that hard but the aura this season as been so good. The game was looking like if anyone would win it was us, so that goal was sickening.
Last edited by Myrmedus on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Pudpop » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:50 pm

The second goal was unforgivable for me. Can't have RL in so much space at 1-1. But had we had a real RW on the pitch, then I'm certain Sagna would have been further back and gotten their ahead of Lewa, so I don't think it's a problem.

Make up for it in Dortmund and we're all good.
Pudpop
George Graham
George Graham

Postby dunkdafunk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm still pretty depressed today, work was terrible with my spud boss bringing the game up every few minutes.
Still were playing at a whole other level to that scum.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:59 pm

dunkdafunk wrote:I'm still pretty depressed today, work was terrible with my spud boss bringing the game up every few minutes.
Still were playing at a whole other level to that scum.

Ha, at least we're actually playing teams like Dortmund.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14