Arsenal 4-1 Norwich | Premier League 19/10/13

Re: Arsenal vs Norwich | Premier League 19/10/13

Postby Zedie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:39 pm

Callum wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:But even so, how do you improve so much in 1 year?

I literally just explained how.

Look, it's a crazy jump in quality, but it's not like he's some journeyman who's suddenly started chanelling Zidane. He's always had incredible potential and has been in the perfect environment to realise that potential, but unfortunately that injury set him back around two years in terms of his development. I think during that period we all forgot how good we all once thought he would be. Quite simply, when you add together a great, hard-working attitude, a true desire to excel and the natural talent he has, plus a huge boost of confidence, then you get what you have now. I'm sure this day would have come earlier were it not for horrific injury and the psychological scars that came with it.

How, exactly, do you consider this less plausible than him being "on something"? He has excelled through his intelligence, his movement, and most importantly his with a football - what drug makes this happen?

Thiiiiiiis.

People used to get really pissed with him because of the multitude of chances he used to miss or the failed passes. Most of that was down to a lack of confidence and support from his own team imo. As massa mentioned, his rise has been slow but sure but there have been a shit load of people ready to ignore whats infront of them. Ramsey is only going to get better, he now has the confidence and more importantly composure to execute what he wants.

people used to laugh at that arsenalno1fan guy when he said he was worldclass, but if he keeps this form up for the majority of the season, no one could really argue against it.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:48 pm

What a player, the skill at the end too :cloud9:
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Apollo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:54 pm

Massa wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Massa wrote:Mistake led to goal, nearly scored an own goal the other week

Mert wont cop the flack for the first goal, Gibbs is going to get an earful for that one.

Lol he "almost" did what lol.

Mert has had the better season thus far from the central back pairing.

Was a shit clearance

Shows he is mistake-prone, like majority of CB's.

Cool

No one saying he is God, just our best CB this season.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:04 am

Omphi93 wrote:
Massa wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Massa wrote:Mistake led to goal, nearly scored an own goal the other week

Mert wont cop the flack for the first goal, Gibbs is going to get an earful for that one.

Lol he "almost" did what lol.

Mert has had the better season thus far from the central back pairing.

Was a shit clearance

Shows he is mistake-prone, like majority of CB's.

Cool

No one saying he is God, just our best CB this season.

merts is a defensive deity.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:47 am

Don't know what Gibbs could have done with that goal though. He had two men at the back, then had to leave one of the to close down the shooter, he was probably half thinking Howson would lay it off to the guy that Gibbs was originally marking. It's not easy marking two players.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:05 am

Hans Gruber wrote:I noticed Jack stayed on his feet a lot more today, only went over once i believe. Hopefully he can keep that up, i'm not big on divers.

But he's not really diving though.

Its because he was being played deep and had to go head to head with the other teams players, Jacks got heart but he's physically small, he's either getting bundled over on a head to head challenge or committing a foul when he goes OTT trying to make up for his size disadvantage.

Its the one bonus he's had playing LAM, its allowed him to focus on the best side of his game, Wilshere is no winger but no ones asking him to hug the touch line, Wenger is asking him to do what Cazorla and Rosicky would do playing wide, be an attacking midfielder.

In some teams Jack would be a CAM, which is probably his ideal position, but ...... he's at AFC and when we have Ozil as CAM or even Cazorla, Jack will have to wait his turn.

..... however to prove the theory both Wilshere's goals have come from runs from the CAM position, lets hope he can get back on track to being the English Iniesta he was promised to be.

Very good game from him today,
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:37 am

Hans Gruber wrote:Even as one of his biggest detractors i had to admit that by the end of last season he was well worth his place in the starting 11 (pre-Ozil and Flamini), but i don't think anyone, not even his biggest supporters, could have seen this coming.

How long do we leave it until we start calling him world class?

He's in world class form at the moment, and if he keeps it up all season then I think we can start thinking about referring to him as a world class player.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:43 am

Callum wrote:
Hans Gruber wrote:Even as one of his biggest detractors i had to admit that by the end of last season he was well worth his place in the starting 11 (pre-Ozil and Flamini), but i don't think anyone, not even his biggest supporters, could have seen this coming.

He's in world class form at the moment, and if he keeps it up all season then I think we can start thinking about referring to him as a world class player.

This.

Right now he's one of the best box to box CM's in the world for me, but to be labelled world class it means its not a blip, this is your skill level on a more permanent basis.

Quite frankly I'm puckering up ready to call this guy WC come end of season because this is no blip.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:06 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:

This.

Right now he's one of the best box to box CM's in the world for me, but to be labelled world class it means its not a blip, this is your skill level on a more permanent basis.

Quite frankly I'm puckering up ready to call this guy WC come end of season because this is no blip.

true. Hes been playing very well since the second half of last season, its been a steady improvement.

ok, I dont think anyone could have predicted his form going this far off the chart over the first 8 games this season, but I dont see him as one of those confidence players that will lose it after a tough game or two.

The fight in him to keep going when pretty much everyone was on him is commendable, other players have crumbled and hidden or left their club (gerv amongst many others).

I think the sky truly is the limit for him...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby GSK_AFC » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:31 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:

This.

Not one of the best, he is the best atm IMO.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby FrustratedGooner » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:54 am

Someone needs to do a Video of the fall and rise of him remember that emotional eboue video if someone has the time to start from just before his incident at stoke and work from their then everyone would see how he slowly improved.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:30 am

GSK_AFC wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Callum wrote:

This.

Not one of the best, he is the best atm IMO.

Best CM period
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby defcon2005 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:12 am

Est83 wrote:Don't know what Gibbs could have done with that goal though. He had two men at the back, then had to leave one of the to close down the shooter, he was probably half thinking Howson would lay it off to the guy that Gibbs was originally marking. It's not easy marking two players.

i dont think you can blame gibbs too much for that goal sometimes you have to hold your hand up and admit it was a good strike and norwich looked as if they had a goal in them
more worrying was when they had the ball in a dangerous position and gibbs hesitated and just seemed to freeze/give up?
what was that all about??
defcon2005
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Location: between the gates of hell and the entrance to valhalla

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:16 am

defcon2005 wrote:
Est83 wrote:Don't know what Gibbs could have done with that goal though. He had two men at the back, then had to leave one of the to close down the shooter, he was probably half thinking Howson would lay it off to the guy that Gibbs was originally marking. It's not easy marking two players.

i dont think you can blame gibbs too much for that goal sometimes you have to hold your hand up and admit it was a good strike and norwich looked as if they had a goal in them
more worrying was when they had the ball in a dangerous position and gibbs hesitated and just seemed to freeze/give up?
what was that all about??

The guy came from his blind spot and gibbs thought the others were going to come out to collect. He needed a shout there from the other guys.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Grouchgooner » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Not yet watched the entire match, just the highlights, but wow for the goals. Won't be a team anywhere in the world not worried about what we can do in attack after that demostration. Looking forward to Tuesday, wonder if Dortmund are ;)
Grouchgooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14