West Brom 1-1 Arsenal | Premier League 06/10/13

Re: West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League 06/10/13

Postby Zedie » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Mesüt wrote:Fuckin ref cost us against Villa and he cost us today, it may be an old excuse but when you should have a pen which would put you 2-1 up...you CAN say the ref f***ked it up. We weren't amazing either but had he given that we'd probably have won.

Aside from that, only Wilshere (some bad passes too), Ozil and Kos played well today. Keeper did good too I guess. The rest were dogshit and it was evident we had too many cm's/cam's in the lineup...so he subs on another cam? Brill job Wenger, I know Ryo is hardly amazing yet but he would stay wide ffs.

Was it 2 penalty shouts? Jack got taken out when he had that shot in the box, then got taken out again by mulumbu who came straight through him from behind to get the ball.

Defo think that mason had an issue with jack, he was getting fouled all game with nothing doing...
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:41 pm

ivän itchybüm wrote:We didn't deserve three points and we didn't deserve to lose. A draw was a fair result and it's certainly not the end of the world. Away t West Brom is a hard fixture and we were never going to keep winning every game.

Let's just focus on the next one..

I noticed that both Arsene and Steve Clarke agreed a draw was a fair point, which is quite rare - normally one manager will come out and claim they were good for the three points.

A draw was a good result, for a few reasons. West Brom are a team bang in form right now and were purring after the result at Old Trafford last week and we certainly won't be the last big team they take points off of this season. We're also still missing 4-5 important players and our team looked a little tired. I also think it's worth noting that we did well to come down from a goal behind and, at the end of the day, the result took us top of the league going into the international break.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:17 am

Callum wrote:"Giroud having a good game is a rarity. That's the general consensus".

- Scores for fun in pre-season
- Scores opener vs. Villa
- Scored in Turkey vs. Fenerbahce
- Scored opener vs. Fulham
- Plucked ball out of the air superbly for Podolski's goal vs. Fulham
- Scores winner vs. Spurs
- Scores opener vs. Sunderland
- Assists Ramsey vs. Sunderland
- Terrorizes Spurs all game and plays superbly
- Gives Huth and Shawcross a battle vs. Stoke and plays well
- Assists Ramsey for his goal vs. Swansea
- Great hold up play in build up for Ozil goal vs. Napoli
- Scores vs. Napoli
- Plays big part in Wilshere goal vs. West Brom

That's 11 goals he's either scored, assisted or been directly involved in. We've scored 24 this season.

Of course he's going to be involved in a high percentage of our goals, he's played nearly every minute as our most advanced player. 11 out of 24 actually seems low tbh.
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Apollo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:37 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:
Callum wrote:"Giroud having a good game is a rarity. That's the general consensus".

- Scores for fun in pre-season
- Scores opener vs. Villa
- Scored in Turkey vs. Fenerbahce
- Scored opener vs. Fulham
- Plucked ball out of the air superbly for Podolski's goal vs. Fulham
- Scores winner vs. Spurs
- Scores opener vs. Sunderland
- Assists Ramsey vs. Sunderland
- Terrorizes Spurs all game and plays superbly
- Gives Huth and Shawcross a battle vs. Stoke and plays well
- Assists Ramsey for his goal vs. Swansea
- Great hold up play in build up for Ozil goal vs. Napoli
- Scores vs. Napoli
- Plays big part in Wilshere goal vs. West Brom

That's 11 goals he's either scored, assisted or been directly involved in. We've scored 24 this season.

Of course he's going to be involved in a high percentage of our goals, he's played nearly every minute as our most advanced player. 11 out of 24 actually seems low tbh.

What the ruling on being banned for idiocy?

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby JackMan86 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:27 am

We weren't at our best yesterday and I think a draw was fair tbh.

If Wenger puts Jack on the left wing then he's gotta tell him/train him to stop cutting back onto his left, he needs to take the ball further down the channel and actually cross the ball. He kept playing the ball backwards, we lacked width yesterday.

Wenger should have put Gnabry on for the last 15 minutes and injected some pace onto the wings
KROENKE OUT GAZIDIS OUT HILL-WOOD OUT

USMANOV IN
JackMan86
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:33 am

I've got to say that people ragging on Giroud are picking a pretty shit time to do it, it's likely an argument you're not going to win at the moment because anyone arguing against you has a heap of potential arguments.

Give it until January and then I think we'll get a truer picture AND the ability to do something about it if need be.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Schlandi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Need some help from you guys.
Why on earth did the PL (unlike the Bundesliga) count a deflection from the goalkeeper after a shoot on target from a player (like the one from Özil against Stoke) as an assist but not the Podolski header against Newcastle last season ?
I don't get it cause it makes absolutly no sense from my point of view. From my point of view Podolski got robbed stats wise and Özil shouldn't have 3 assists for the Stoke game added to his stats. Just stumbled over it yesterday but I'm still searching for an answer.

0:28

First scene

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Don't think the Oezil assist was given
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Schlandi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Checked another source they count the Podolski header as assist and also Özil got 3 assists against Stoke

Strange but seems I have to deal with it.
http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/mesut-oe ... 35664.html

€:
Linked twice to the Özil page, deleted one link

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zenith » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Schland, i'm a frequent transfermarkt visitor as well. Very handy website at times but their assist statistics are often way off. For assist statistics you should always use the official Premier League website, ESPN, BBC etc.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Schlandi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm quiet sure that transfermarkt (btw: which is owned by the german BILD "newspaper", very smart move from them) get the data from the official BPL database but they trail behind (at least) one day with the update so they sometimes lack some latest stats.
I also noticed that sometimes they show a line like "data not complete still in processing ... " if you try to check out some older stats (f.e. season 06/07) for some players.

Anyways checked out the official BPL page (which is slow as f**k) and they also show 4 assists for Özil like transfermarkt.
So the BPL seriously count a deflected shoot on target as an assist. That's poor from my point of view but a interesting fact.
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.statistics.html/mesut-ozil

At ESPN he has 3 assists :dizzy:
http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/84775/mesut-ozil?cc=5739

Edit:
Why the f**k can I switch at the official BPL page between Arsenal and all clubs for Özil did I miss something :hiding:
If you switch to Arsenal they remove one goal and one assist from the stats so you get the same stats than the one from ESPN. :doh:

#GoonersWorldExcuses
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:17 am

Yet another reason why assists are a pointless stat
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14