West Brom 1-1 Arsenal | Premier League 06/10/13

Re: West Brom vs Arsenal | Premier League 06/10/13

Postby Schlandi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Inchpräctice wrote:So of the 7 strikers I named I was still right about four of them. :doh:
As far as I'm concerned my point still stands.
Despite your stats, have players like Negredo and Dzeko contributed as much to the overall position of their team in the league as Giroud has? What are their assists/key passes stats?

I personally wouldn't list Oscar and Rooney as a striker and what about the other (real) strikers in my list ? :dontknow:

I have to disappoint you, most of them also beat Giroud in assists (don't have any quick source about "key pass stats" and I'm not in the mood to crawl hours on some football statistics page :) )

Assists per minute:
Özil 111,66 Apm (Midfielder not fair but a Gunner ;) ) EDIT: CORRECTED 335min / 3 assists not 4
Dzeko 146 Apm
Cisse 175 Apm
Walcott 178,5 Apm (Winger not fair but a Gunner ;) )
Aguero 208,25 Apm
Negredo 211,5 Apm
Rooney 239,5 Apm
Lukaku 258 Apm
Ramsey 299,5 Apm (Midfielder not fair but a Gunner ;) )
Giroud 302,5 Apm
Sturridge 313,5 Apm
Remy 329 Apm
Soldado 508 Apm (still not fair cause first PL season has to settle)
Toure 630Apm

Rest didn't make an assist in the PL so far or I made a mistake.
Last edited by Schlandi on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Angelito wrote:
Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Excuses, excuses...

Bottomline, teams that are supposed to challenge for the title win these sort of games. If we're serious, we shouldn't be losing to mid table clubs. We can rectify this by beating Chelsea/City, so it's not all gloom, but it doesn't matter if we lose to Chelsea/City, if we win all the other games.

I agree about fatigue and that's the reason the international break couldn't have come at a better time.

City have already lost to Cardiff and Villa, and also dropped points to Stoke. Are they not contenders anymore then?

Also, we didn't lose to a mid-table club - we drew with a side who had just outplayed Man United on their own turf. We've been superb over the past few months and this is a perfectly fine result in the circumstances.

If we had the players and resources City do, I wouldn't be worried. If we had won the league 2 seasons ago and finished runners up last season, I wouldn't have worried either.

This is our chance. It's going to be even more difficult next season IF we don't capitalize on the transition Chelsea, United, and City are going through this season. It's not do or die for any other club; for us, it's the season we could achieve something.

We just need to avoid losing to clubs out of the top-4 to accomplish this. If we can manage it, we're pretty good.

we won the league in 2002 and were runners up in 2003
in 03/04
did,nt stop us drawing 1-1 at leicester conceding a goal in the last minute
cole was below par
cygan
edu
ljungberg
bergkamp
aliadiare
wiltord were all average
or losing a 2 goal lead at spurs to draw 2-2
lehmann was below par
cole
lauren
toure
parlour
gilberto
bergkamp
edu were all average
or drawing 0-0 home to birmingham
ljungberg was below par
cambell
toure
henry
reyes
pires were all average
but legends never had an off day thru the rose tints
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Callum wrote:
Angelito wrote:Of course, Giroud alone isn't to be blamed, but if you had to pick the weakest link of our team, what would it be? The answer is unanimous. I'd love for Giroud to score 20+ League goals this season but Sturridge has continued his firing start to the season, while Giroud has gone back to where he was. That's the difference.

"gone back to where he was"

What? Do you watch our games? He got an assist versus Swansea, scored versus Napoli and played a big part in Ozil's goal, and today he held the ball up well and played the ball to Rosicky to let Jack in. That's four goals in a week he's either assisted, scored or played a huge part in, yet still he gets stick.

Also, Podolski was f***ing wank up front last season. Giroud is twice the player as him in that position.

podolski was very good up top when he scored the 2 goals v wigan
starmandb

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Thing is we have been pretty poor for the majority of our games so far this season, and yeah you can spout some rubbish about my user name suiting me blah blah, but that is the truth IMO. But we have been winning. And title winning teams win (and draw, like today) when they play badly.

I just want to see us start playing well for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Maybe when we have our wide players back huh
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Fuckin ref cost us against Villa and he cost us today, it may be an old excuse but when you should have a pen which would put you 2-1 up...you CAN say the ref f***ked it up. We weren't amazing either but had he given that we'd probably have won.

Aside from that, only Wilshere (some bad passes too), Ozil and Kos played well today. Keeper did good too I guess. The rest were dogshit and it was evident we had too many cm's/cam's in the lineup...so he subs on another cam? Brill job Wenger, I know Ryo is hardly amazing yet but he would stay wide ffs.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:29 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Thing is we have been pretty poor for the majority of our games so far this season, and yeah you can spout some rubbish about my user name suiting me blah blah, but that is the truth IMO. But we have been winning. And title winning teams win (and draw, like today) when they play badly.

I just want to see us start playing well for longer than 5 minutes at a time. Maybe when we have our wide players back huh

The team has been playing well together since Fenerbache, I think that the fact that they only stumbled today shows there is the making of a title winning team there.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Good Soccer Inc » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Jack Wilshere's equalization goalshot was awesome!! I think the joint-win is a good result for us Gunners even if it means we have to share the points with Albian (who played some good soccer it has to be said)!!

At the end of the day the Whitespurs lost 3-0 and looked like real Soccer Chickens. I think Ericsson played real bad for them today!! Their loss if our gain and we took a further 1 point past them in the EPL franchise league!!

We were a bit lucky for A Nelka not to put the soccerball in the soccernet against us!! Jiroud also had a very good opportunity to give pride to us Gunners but on to the next game!!

Come on Cannons!
Good Soccer Inc
Michael Thomas

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:19 pm

:hail:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Olympiakos1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Good Soccer Inc wrote:Jack Wilshere's equalization goalshot was awesome!! I think the joint-win is a good result for us Gunners even if it means we have to share the points with Albian (who played some good soccer it has to be said)!!

At the end of the day the Whitespurs lost 3-0 and looked like real Soccer Chickens. I think Ericsson played real bad for them today!! Their loss if our gain and we took a further 1 point past them in the EPL franchise league!!

We were a bit lucky for A Nelka not to put the soccerball in the soccernet against us!! Jiroud also had a very good opportunity to give pride to us Gunners but on to the next game!!

Come on Cannons!

This post... dear god

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Olympiakos1
Michael Thomas

Postby Santi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Sony Ericsson such a terrible WhiteSpurs player.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Grouchgooner » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Gutted to drop 2 points against WBA, couldn't watch the game so can't comment on it but sounds like we weren't really on song today and they played well :(
Grouchgooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Good Soccer Inc wrote:Jack Wilshere's equalization goalshot was awesome!! I think the joint-win is a good result for us Gunners even if it means we have to share the points with Albian (who played some good soccer it has to be said)!!

Come on Cannons!

:rofll:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Grouchgooner wrote:Gutted to drop 2 points against WBA, couldn't watch the game so can't comment on it but sounds like we weren't really on song today and they played well :(

It was an even game and they played very well, but we were good for the point.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:37 pm

We didn't deserve three points and we didn't deserve to lose. A draw was a fair result and it's certainly not the end of the world. Away t West Brom is a hard fixture and we were never going to keep winning every game.

Let's just focus on the next one..
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Bungle678 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Said before the weekend a draw would do, West Brom will take points off those around us I have no doubt. All this bollocks pundits spew about momentum going into the international break is meaningless, if we are going to drop points I'd rather it be on the cusp of the international games, they can wash their hands of the result focus on something else and come back looking to crack on.
Bungle678
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14