Youngie wrote:Should bring Akpom on.

he was,nt on the bench mate
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Re: Arsenal vs Napoli | Champions League 01/10/13

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:29 pm

Youngie wrote:
Mike Dean wrote:Anyplace I can watch the entire game online?

I missed it today.

Your never gonna get the 90mins, unless you speak to PG who i think recorded the whole thing. :think:

if you have virgin media it is on sky the whole thing including all pre and post match analysis
starmandb

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:35 pm

elkanofan wrote:Sitting in the North Bank the Ozil finish looked easy from my view, thought he'd just slotted home a tap in.

From the TV camera I realized he made it look easy. That was just as good as Podolski's volley vs Montpellier (I was at that game too at the opposite end :) )

yes mate i was right at the back of block hundred and it looked like a regulation finish it was,nt till seeing the replay that i realised what a cracking goal it was
i knew it had been a good move though and girouds work down the right was a big part of it
starmandb

Postby elkanofan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 pm

starmandb wrote:1st time we have been 2-0 up so early since wolves away 11/12 when walcott earned a pen and scored in a 3-0 win
1st time we have been 2-0 up so early in the champs league since the 5-2 win at fenerbahce in 08/09 when walcott had added to adebayors goal diaby scored that night and had a fantastic game ramsey came on later and scored his 1st champs league goal
1st time we have been 2-0 up at the emirates since 07/08 when we beat sunderland 3-2

Napoli didn't have one decent attack all game, i think they only had one shot on goal all game.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

elkanofan wrote:
starmandb wrote:1st time we have been 2-0 up so early since wolves away 11/12 when walcott earned a pen and scored in a 3-0 win
1st time we have been 2-0 up so early in the champs league since the 5-2 win at fenerbahce in 08/09 when walcott had added to adebayors goal diaby scored that night and had a fantastic game ramsey came on later and scored his 1st champs league goal
1st time we have been 2-0 up at the emirates since 07/08 when we beat sunderland 3-2

Napoli didn't have one decent attack all game, i think they only had one shot on goal all game.

they were reduced to speculative shots
it really was a very good all round performance
funny how the group of death is now being denigrated because of a napoli side that were made to look very ordinary.
no chickens counted because there is a lot of football to be played in the group but as you said earlier
the mood around the emirates has changed quite considerably
i was sick of sitting over there watching champions league games and being told by wenger that this was the ceiling of my expectations and the cups carried lesser importance
he did,nt speak for me and i could have wrung his settle for that mentality neck
the signs are looking good that he is having the rethink we have so craved for the last 5 and a half years.
i could,nt be a hypocrite and join in the one arsene wenger chants.
but if he has shape shifted again back to the manager that craves winning then it would be extremely churlish not to fall four square behind him
nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be wrong and need arms like squidly didly to carry all of our booty out of the emirates come may
come on you gunners
starmandb

Postby Myrmedus » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:00 pm

starmandb wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I've missed both the f***ing goals!!!! the first I was serving up dinner, the second I was putting plates in kitchen!

i hate to be an unreconstructed male but you really need to work on your negotiating skills around arsenal games
failing that buy some paper plates

Haha, maybe he doesn't have a girlfriend? AHA?! DID YOU CONSIDER THAT, HELIOS?!
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Git » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:49 pm

MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby starmandb » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:51 pm

Myrmedus wrote:
starmandb wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I've missed both the f***ing goals!!!! the first I was serving up dinner, the second I was putting plates in kitchen!

i hate to be an unreconstructed male but you really need to work on your negotiating skills around arsenal games

mate you have a dinner party when you can swirl your tumbler of brandy
tell tall tales and dine on lobster thermador
you don,t do it when the gunners are playing
winston churchill
mohammed ali
humphrey bogart
elvis and marilyn monroe dressed in a rug
could be ringing the doorbell
if the arsenal were on they could all f**k off up the groucho
starmandb

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:54 pm

starmandb wrote:
Myrmedus wrote:
starmandb wrote:

mate you have a dinner party when you can swirl your tumbler of brandy
tell tall tales and dine on lobster thermador
you don,t do it when the gunners are playing
winston churchill
mohammed ali
humphrey bogart
elvis and marilyn monroe dressed in a rug
could be ringing the doorbell
if the arsenal were on they could all f**k off up the groucho

The reaction he should have given:

Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Zedie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:09 pm

starmandb wrote:
elkanofan wrote:

they were reduced to speculative shots
it really was a very good all round performance
funny how the group of death is now being denigrated because of a napoli side that were made to look very ordinary.
no chickens counted because there is a lot of football to be played in the group but as you said earlier
the mood around the emirates has changed quite considerably
i was sick of sitting over there watching champions league games and being told by wenger that this was the ceiling of my expectations and the cups carried lesser importance
he did,nt speak for me and i could have wrung his settle for that mentality neck
the signs are looking good that he is having the rethink we have so craved for the last 5 and a half years.
i could,nt be a hypocrite and join in the one arsene wenger chants.
but if he has shape shifted again back to the manager that craves winning then it would be extremely churlish not to fall four square behind him
nothing would give me greater pleasure than to be wrong and need arms like squidly didly to carry all of our booty out of the emirates come may
come on you gunners

:arsenal3:
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby prolific » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Islington MPS ‏@MPSIslington
A 42yr old male was arrested in Hampshire this morning re the incident @PieBuryCorner on 1 Oct before the Arsenal v Napoli match. B/Cmdr
1:49 PM - 11 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/MPSIslington/status ... 1003336704
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:40 pm

So the person who allegedly did it wasn't a Napoli ultra and allegedly was a Napoli fan who lived in Hampshire?
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby prolific » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Piebury Cörner ‏@PieburyCorner
One customer is in A&E with a cut head, totally unprovoked attack on family's eating from 50/60 Napoli fans! Thanks for all messages.
8:49 PM - 1 Oct 13
https://twitter.com/PieburyCorner/statu ... 2834298880

50/60 narrowed down to one in Hampshire :dontknow:
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:03 pm

prolific wrote:
One customer is in A&E with a cut head, totally unprovoked attack on family's eating from 50/60 Napoli fans! Thanks for all messages.

Hes probably the idiot that hit the guy with a metal stool. Thats clearly worse than criminal damage, which probably wouldnt have got media attention over an arrest.

Depending on the damage done to the victim, he'll be looking at ABH up to GBH, nothing to shrug at.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby prolific » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:15 pm

Zëdië wrote:
prolific wrote:

Hes probably the idiot that hit the guy with a metal stool. Thats clearly worse than criminal damage, which probably wouldnt have got media attention over an arrest.

Depending on the damage done to the victim, he'll be looking at ABH up to GBH, nothing to shrug at.

I wasn't shrugging as you insinuate! If you scroll over the smiley you'll see it reads out dontknow and thats exactly what I mean't to say, I don't know why 50-60 have been narrowed down to 1 in Hampshire. I don't for one second believe either has better worthy of being reported by the media, local media are normally all over this type of thing regardless if there are injuries or not. Its unacceptable.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14