Swansea 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 28/09/13

Re: Swansea vs Arsenal | Premier League 28/09/13

Postby JohnDuval » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Don't see what the fuss is about mertesacker at the moment, don't rate him much at all
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Apollo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:00 pm

^^ 5 games 0 goals and absolutely no off ball contribution, workrate.

Sign him up.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Massa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Omphi93 wrote:^^ 5 games 0 goals and absolutely no off ball contribution, workrate.

Sign him up.

Oh ok I didn't realise this season is the only season that ever happened. I guess Sturridge is better than RvP
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby starmandb » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:03 pm

JohnDuval wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Massa wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Massa wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
Massa wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Yeah he needs better distribution to him, he'll get that once Arteta and Cazorla return.

Worried by Arteta's showing vs WBA. When one of Theo/Poldi is back we can move Jack next to Ramsey for now. Top draw CM signing and we'll have one of the best midfield trios in Europe

Jack/Rambo/Flam/Arteta is good enough. We don't need a CM unless one of these guys leave.

Priority has to be a centre forward to rotate with Giroud and fourth choice CB. Those two signings would complete our squad imo.

Priority for me is a CF much better than Giroud and a partner for Ramsey.

Like I've been saying since pre-season, Wilshere is the one fighting for a spot next to Ramsey, not the other way around. We build the double pivot around Aaron, and Arteta is losing it, Flamini is average and Wilshere/Ramsey leave us a little exposed.

At the moment Jack and Aaron should be our first choice pairing, I guess we have the season to assess them properly.

If 4 goals and 2 assists in 6 appearances doesn't make you happy, nothing ever will.

"Much better" lol. Good luck in that quest.

Fulham and Villa have strikers better than him, City have 4 ffs. Won't need any luck.

fulham don,t have a better striker than giroud
aston villa don,t have better strikers than giroud

Berbatov is easily better than him, so is benteke

where is that other villa striker then?
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby JohnDuval » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Omphi93 wrote:^^ 5 games 0 goals and absolutely no off ball contribution, workrate.

Sign him up.

Who?
JohnDuval
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Massa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:06 pm

starmandb wrote:
JohnDuval wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Massa wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Massa wrote:
Plymöuth Gööner wrote:
Massa wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Yeah he needs better distribution to him, he'll get that once Arteta and Cazorla return.

Worried by Arteta's showing vs WBA. When one of Theo/Poldi is back we can move Jack next to Ramsey for now. Top draw CM signing and we'll have one of the best midfield trios in Europe

Jack/Rambo/Flam/Arteta is good enough. We don't need a CM unless one of these guys leave.

Priority has to be a centre forward to rotate with Giroud and fourth choice CB. Those two signings would complete our squad imo.

Priority for me is a CF much better than Giroud and a partner for Ramsey.

Like I've been saying since pre-season, Wilshere is the one fighting for a spot next to Ramsey, not the other way around. We build the double pivot around Aaron, and Arteta is losing it, Flamini is average and Wilshere/Ramsey leave us a little exposed.

At the moment Jack and Aaron should be our first choice pairing, I guess we have the season to assess them properly.

If 4 goals and 2 assists in 6 appearances doesn't make you happy, nothing ever will.

"Much better" lol. Good luck in that quest.

Fulham and Villa have strikers better than him, City have 4 ffs. Won't need any luck.

fulham don,t have a better striker than giroud
aston villa don,t have better strikers than giroud

Berbatov is easily better than him, so is benteke

where is that other villa striker then?

There isn't one..
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Apollo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:08 pm

I see what you did there, lol.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Omphi93 wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:Ramsey 4 league goal 2 league assists (6 apps)

Giroud 4 league goals 2 league assists (6 apps)

Ozil 3 league assist (3 apps)

Sharing the love, like a solidly built team.

But he's had 3 CL appearances as well.

(This is not the positive energy thread, I'm counting all appearances)
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:17 pm

JohnDuval wrote:Don't see what the fuss is about mertesacker at the moment, don't rate him much at all

I have never been wild about Mert either but he has been very good recently. Apart from their goal, where he was done like a kipper, he had another great game today.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Grouchgooner » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Cracking weekend for us thus far, so nice to see us prove all our doubters wrong. MOTD just starting and can't wait to see how we look in the highlights .... not to mention watching the other games too :)
Grouchgooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Merts has made great strides since he has joined us. He has won everybody over with his discipline and work ethic. He may not be quick but he is always out there organizing at the back. Him and Koscielny seem to have forged a nice understanding which is a massive boost for us. Mert looks innocuous but he is mighty effective.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Apollo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:51 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:
Omphi93 wrote:Ramsey 4 league goal 2 league assists (6 apps)

Giroud 4 league goals 2 league assists (6 apps)

Ozil 3 league assist (3 apps)

Sharing the love, like a solidly built team.

But he's had 3 CL appearances as well.

(This is not the positive energy thread, I'm counting all appearances)

You can count what you like, but ^^ thats what i was talking about.

Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Massa wrote:

I liked what I saw from Jack-Rambo against spurs in the first half but Wilsheres defensive game is worrying me, he needs to work on it abit more before I'd be confident of that double-pivot. He was caught ball-watching a couple of times today and left Tiendalli completely free numerous times. I think it was you who said we should stick to a positional player for now to play alongside Ramsey and I agree, particularly In the big games where top players will exploit the space left from one of Jack-Rambo being out of position.
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Massa » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:57 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Massa wrote:

I liked what I saw from Jack-Rambo against spurs in the first half but Wilsheres defensive game is worrying me, he needs to work on it abit more before I'd be confident of that double-pivot. He was caught ball-watching a couple of times today and left Tiendalli completely free numerous times. I think it was you who said we should stick to a positional player for now to play alongside Ramsey and I agree, particularly In the big games where top players will exploit the space left from one of Jack-Rambo being out of position.

Yeah it was, Arteta fits the mould but we need better. Hence why I think a CM should be an area we should look at
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby GSK_AFC » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Massa wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Massa wrote:

Yeah it was, Arteta fits the mould but we need better. Hence why I think a CM should be an area we should look at

Arteta didnt look too good against WBA but I hope that was down to being rusty but he is getting on so I agree we should look for another CM probably next summer now (Gündoğan :sneaky:).
GSK_AFC
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14