Swansea 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 28/09/13

Re: Swansea vs Arsenal | Premier League 28/09/13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:07 am

Hans Gruber wrote:
CrimsönGunner11 wrote:Ah, thanks guys.

(Wenger signing a one-year old... :rolleyes: )

If he reads this forum, you've probably just given him an idea. We need Thierry Henry and Robert Pires to become a gay couple and have a baby...

:grin:
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby prolific » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:27 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
prolific wrote:It was really congested today and Ozil looked a bit lost. I don't think theres anything to be worried about though, he's still settling and all.

Ozil is probably a bit shocked.

Remember he's gone from one of the best teams in the world, spoilt with money, sunshine, top quality players and living the dream to here.

Hardly anyone on the pitch capable of playing on his level and the weather is sh*te, I'm sure it crosses his mind at times WTF is he doing here, remember we are not the Arsenal of Henry, Bergkamp, Fabregas.

However saying that when Caz, Walcott, Rosicky and Podolski get back I think he'll feel more settled when there are players who are on his level around him technically and he'll be fine.

You've gone a bit far to say the least. He's on more money here and has spoken highly of London. And although I agree being around better raises ones level theres just no way he's in the sort mindframe you make out.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:22 am

prolific wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
prolific wrote:It was really congested today and Ozil looked a bit lost. I don't think theres anything to be worried about though, he's still settling and all.

Remember he's gone from one of the best teams in the world, spoilt with money, sunshine, top quality players and living the dream to here.

Hardly anyone on the pitch capable of playing on his level and the weather is sh*te, I'm sure it crosses his mind at times WTF is he doing here, remember we are not the Arsenal of Henry, Bergkamp, Fabregas.

However saying that when Caz, Walcott, Rosicky and Podolski get back I think he'll feel more settled when there are players who are on his level around him technically and he'll be fine.

You've gone a bit far to say the least. He's on more money here and has spoken highly of London. And although I agree being around better raises ones level theres just no way he's in the sort mindframe you make out.

The irony is you know as much about what he's really thinking as I do, which is pure guessing.

My point is Real Madrid is high class all the way, the life style, the environment, the City, the attention.

You can say what you like but its true, I'm not saying everything I said is what he's thinking I was just throwing out possibilities.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:54 am

Can't believe people are criticising Ozil. He's only been here a month. Give him time to get used to his team mates and our playing style!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunflash » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:57 am

Was a bit nervy at the end :hiding: Ramsey's great run has continued and that was a great finish from Gnabry. He was very composed. It's a shame Ozil was a bit casual on his chance.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby prolific » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:21 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
prolific wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

The irony is you know as much about what he's really thinking as I do, which is pure guessing.

My point is Real Madrid is high class all the way, the life style, the environment, the City, the attention.

You can say what you like but its true, I'm not saying everything I said is what he's thinking I was just throwing out possibilities.

There is no irony. You're clutching at straws. I'm speaking of facts, stuff he's actually said! You're making out we're a shithole compared to Madrid which we're not. What he wanted from a club is what he has found here, he said it himself when commenting on his transfer to Arsenal and now he's settling in. If you think there isn't high class in London to give Madrid a run you're very much mistaken.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Callum » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:25 am

Plymöuth Gööner wrote:Can't believe people are criticising Ozil. He's only been here a month. Give him time to get used to his team mates and our playing style!

If he doesn't play well, he's open to criticism. He didn't play particularly well yesterday although it's nothing to worry about.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Nobody is saying Ozil is sh*t.

Nobody is saying he will not get back to his best soon.

Nobody is analyzing him as a player overall, rather people are talking about his performance in yesterday's game against Swansea. Now just cos he cost 42.5 million pounds and is our marquee signing we should not judge him with the same measuring tape that we use to judge other players?

What i find hilarious is people getting over-defensive and trying to exaggerate things when nobody is calling for his head/asking him to be sold/calling him sh*t/judging him as a player overall/writing his obituary.

Every sensible poster on the forum knows he needs time to adapt to a new club/league/new country/playing-style. One thing which is glaringly apparent to me is that whenever Ozil starts the other two blokes in the midfield have to share the defensive responsibilities. It is not just about Ozil adapting to our style, we also need to find a way to make best use of his abilities without compromising our overall team balance.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:36 pm

When Ozil plays with Carzola he will be the best, we can't knock him just for one game
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Git » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Not sure if already posted....
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Royal Gooner » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Two-faced Piers.

Plus if he doesn't know who Gnabry is, it makes me think that he is one of those "fans" who only follow the first team and don't pay attention to the reserves and youngsters.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Dejan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:23 pm

Git wrote:Image

Not sure if already posted....

he gotta be a troll lmao
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Diaby24AFC » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:16 pm

I'm sure his followers are giving it to him for that tweet. What's his defense this time?
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Massa » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:52 pm

He is joking...
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Trequartista » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 pm

Massa wrote:He is joking...

But still. What kind of real fan hasn't heard of Gnabry? He's been making waves in the U21s for us and Germany for a while now and he made his debut in the cup last season.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14