Swansea 1-2 Arsenal | Premier League 28/09/13

Re: Swansea vs Arsenal | Premier League 28/09/13

Postby Kyle? » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:05 pm

GSK_AFC wrote:
Massa wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:
Massa wrote:
GSK_AFC wrote:Yeah he needs better distribution to him, he'll get that once Arteta and Cazorla return.

Worried by Arteta's showing vs WBA. When one of Theo/Poldi is back we can move Jack next to Ramsey for now. Top draw CM signing and we'll have one of the best midfield trios in Europe

I liked what I saw from Jack-Rambo against spurs in the first half but Wilsheres defensive game is worrying me, he needs to work on it abit more before I'd be confident of that double-pivot. He was caught ball-watching a couple of times today and left Tiendalli completely free numerous times. I think it was you who said we should stick to a positional player for now to play alongside Ramsey and I agree, particularly In the big games where top players will exploit the space left from one of Jack-Rambo being out of position.

Yeah it was, Arteta fits the mould but we need better. Hence why I think a CM should be an area we should look at

Arteta didnt look too good against WBA but I hope that was down to being rusty but he is getting on so I agree we should look for another CM probably next summer now (Gündoğan :sneaky:).

CONTINGENT
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:07 pm

Massa wrote:Not many have mentioned Kos, had a top game

Yup he did. Swansea had one shot on target in the first half despite them seeing quiet a bit of ball . Our defence as a whole did a good job. Kos was good and Merts as well barring one mistake for their goal.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:29 pm

Trequartista wrote:
Cällüm wrote:Ozil wasn't that great today, despite some cute touches. Should have done better with his chance as well. However, once he gets into full flow and Cazorla is alongside him he's going to start tearing shit up.

That's the thing, it's not that he was bad at all, just very muted. He should have been the guy doing what Gnabry did, by grabbing the game by the pubes and turning it in our favor.

I was a bit disappointed with him for the first time today. Hate to be negative about him already but I don't think he contributed much.
Maybe it's because he came to us with such a huge rep from such a huge club for such a huge fee but for that price I expect him to do something magical every five minutes.
Am I being unrealistic? Are my expectations too high? Maybe. Anyone else thinking the same thing?
This guy is meant to be the King of Assists but sometimes his passes are too heavy or too slow. How can this be?
Maybe it's just a question of him taking time to adapt to the league/team......?

Cällüm wrote:Is anyone else getting sick of commentators/ pundits having a dig at Bendtner?

Yeah, we get it, he's pretty cocky and has a stupid beard - still unprofessional to mock him.

They totally dismissed him on Sky. Talked about him like he was a complete joke.
Too far imo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Shut up » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Another win, keeping the momentum going nicely.

Thought Gibbs was top class again.
Shut up
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Inchpräctice wrote:I was a bit disappointed with him for the first time today. Hate to be negative about him already but I don't think he contributed much.
Maybe it's because he came to us with such a huge rep from such a huge club for such a huge fee but for that price I expect him to do something magical every five minutes.
Am I being unrealistic? Are my expectations too high? Maybe. Anyone else thinking the same thing?
This guy is meant to be the King of Assists but sometimes his passes are too heavy or too slow. How can this be?

Like I've said.. we overpayed and he is a touch overrated. He had a good debut but I don't think he's played well since then, but that's fine. He's a very good player and will adapt soon enough and it goes without saying he'll have much better days than today.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:45 pm

Its very clear now that whenever Ozil starts we need to make sure our other two midfielders need to share defensive duties otherwise we might have our asses handed to us by good counter-attacking teams.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby prolific » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:57 pm

It was really congested today and Ozil looked a bit lost. I don't think theres anything to be worried about though, he's still settling and all.
You're Scared Of Change.
prolific
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:18 pm

prolific wrote:It was really congested today and Ozil looked a bit lost. I don't think theres anything to be worried about though, he's still settling and all.

Ozil is probably a bit shocked.

Remember he's gone from one of the best teams in the world, spoilt with money, sunshine, top quality players and living the dream to here.

Hardly anyone on the pitch capable of playing on his level and the weather is sh*te, I'm sure it crosses his mind at times WTF is he doing here, remember we are not the Arsenal of Henry, Bergkamp, Fabregas.

However saying that when Caz, Walcott, Rosicky and Podolski get back I think he'll feel more settled when there are players who are on his level around him technically and he'll be fine.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:26 pm

Whilst I was disappointed with Ozil I'm not worried about him at all. He's shown his quality in patches and it's natural to expect some transitional period when you join a new club no matter how good you are. There's also been some doubt about how fit he is at the moment and were Rosicky and Cazorla fit I doubt we would have seen him start every match so far.

I am so f***ing pumped for seeing the Cazorla, Ozil and Walcott partnership though - it's going to be magical when they get used to playing together and hit top form.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Wenger on Swansea, Gnabry and Ramsey

Arsène Wenger spoke to the media after his side's 2-1 win over Swansea City on Saturday.

Read a transcript of what he had to say below:

on getting a win on his 17th anniversary in charge...
It was better than any cake but the first half was quite difficult, Swansea played well, they were sharper than us. We didn't play with enough purpose and they won many duels. In the second half we played in a more compact way and took advantage of every time we won the ball to be dangerous. We have seen a different Arsenal that is much more clinical and playing with much more purpose. We hung on a little bit in the last 15 minutes and they came back to 2-1 but overall I felt we deserved to win the game.

on being more clinical this season…
First of all that's linked with young players who improve naturally in the final pass. We have added Ozil who can give a good ball in the final third and at the moment we have more confidence as well.

on Ramsey's improvement…
Aaron Ramsey is a young boy and today Ramsey scored and Gnabry scored. Their combined age is 40 years old.

on the other surprising results in the Premier League…
It came as a surprise but it added a bit more pressure because you always feel guilty if you have an opportunity to solidify your position and you don't' take it and I think it's part of a team as well during the season to grab the chance when you have it.

on being eight points clear of Man United…
Yes but it's still an early stage and let's not forget we were in a massive crisis after the first game.

on Gnabry…
He is surprising. He has the talent but the personality on the pitch as well. He doesn't look timid, he looks to play with belief and of course talent. Unfortunately he is another player for Germany, he's not English.

on Gnabry's age when he started at Arsenal…
He was one year old. I can't believe it. Now I have some players in my squad who were not born when I arrived at Arsenal.

on overcoming the 'crisis' of losing on the first day…
In our job there is only one response and that is on the pitch and that is what we did.

on conceding a sloppy goal…
Yes it was a bit of a sloppy goal. It was a bit easy and was down to a lack of concentration.

on scoring two goals in quick succession…
You feel that when we get over the halfway line on the counter-attack that everybody made the right decision and you see the danger coming. That is an enjoyable feeling because you feel when we are on the counter-attack that we can score.

on Ramsey's resurgence…
First of all let's not forget that his career was disturbed by a big injury and you need patience. After that people became a bit impatient with him and put pressure on him when he had some bad games. I believe it was a turning point for him when his game was questioned because it's always an important period in the life of a football player, can you deal with that, come back to basics and practice even harder? Or does he feel sorry for himself and give up. That's when I saw him responding in the way he did. I always thought we would come back and that's why I kept faith in him.

on his goalscoring record…
Honestly I could not predict that. The only thing I can say is that he was always in good positions in the box and because he has improved his technique he doesn't rush his decisions. Even the goal he scored today he needed a good touch, go past a player and finish quickly. Before, he used to rush his finishing but now he is more confident.

on Ramsey continuing his record…
I wish, but finishing is a bit cyclic because he will not score 38 goals in a season and you have to accept that. But it's good you have players from midfield who can score.

Source: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... and-ramsey

What does Wenger mean when he says Gnabry was one year old when he started at Arsenal :think:

A joke? a typo?
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Kyle? » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:49 pm

CrimsönGunner11 wrote:
Wenger on Swansea, Gnabry and Ramsey

Arsène Wenger spoke to the media after his side's 2-1 win over Swansea City on Saturday.

Read a transcript of what he had to say below:

on getting a win on his 17th anniversary in charge...
It was better than any cake but the first half was quite difficult, Swansea played well, they were sharper than us. We didn't play with enough purpose and they won many duels. In the second half we played in a more compact way and took advantage of every time we won the ball to be dangerous. We have seen a different Arsenal that is much more clinical and playing with much more purpose. We hung on a little bit in the last 15 minutes and they came back to 2-1 but overall I felt we deserved to win the game.

on being more clinical this season…
First of all that's linked with young players who improve naturally in the final pass. We have added Ozil who can give a good ball in the final third and at the moment we have more confidence as well.

on Ramsey's improvement…
Aaron Ramsey is a young boy and today Ramsey scored and Gnabry scored. Their combined age is 40 years old.

on the other surprising results in the Premier League…
It came as a surprise but it added a bit more pressure because you always feel guilty if you have an opportunity to solidify your position and you don't' take it and I think it's part of a team as well during the season to grab the chance when you have it.

Yes but it's still an early stage and let's not forget we were in a massive crisis after the first game.

on Gnabry…
He is surprising. He has the talent but the personality on the pitch as well. He doesn't look timid, he looks to play with belief and of course talent. Unfortunately he is another player for Germany, he's not English.

on Gnabry's age when he started at Arsenal…
He was one year old. I can't believe it. Now I have some players in my squad who were not born when I arrived at Arsenal.

on overcoming the 'crisis' of losing on the first day…
In our job there is only one response and that is on the pitch and that is what we did.

on conceding a sloppy goal…
Yes it was a bit of a sloppy goal. It was a bit easy and was down to a lack of concentration.

on scoring two goals in quick succession…
You feel that when we get over the halfway line on the counter-attack that everybody made the right decision and you see the danger coming. That is an enjoyable feeling because you feel when we are on the counter-attack that we can score.

on Ramsey's resurgence…
First of all let's not forget that his career was disturbed by a big injury and you need patience. After that people became a bit impatient with him and put pressure on him when he had some bad games. I believe it was a turning point for him when his game was questioned because it's always an important period in the life of a football player, can you deal with that, come back to basics and practice even harder? Or does he feel sorry for himself and give up. That's when I saw him responding in the way he did. I always thought we would come back and that's why I kept faith in him.

on his goalscoring record…
Honestly I could not predict that. The only thing I can say is that he was always in good positions in the box and because he has improved his technique he doesn't rush his decisions. Even the goal he scored today he needed a good touch, go past a player and finish quickly. Before, he used to rush his finishing but now he is more confident.

on Ramsey continuing his record…
I wish, but finishing is a bit cyclic because he will not score 38 goals in a season and you have to accept that. But it's good you have players from midfield who can score.

Source: http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... and-ramsey

What does Wenger mean when he says Gnabry was one year old when he started at Arsenal :think:

A joke? a typo?

He meant that Gnabry was one year old when Wenger started at Arsenal :Peace:
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Apollo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:50 pm

Wenger started working at Arsenal 17 years ago , Gnabry is 18.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Apollo » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:53 pm

:goal1:

And this is why i love the man.

What an audacious chap.

Fantasy Premier League Champion 2013/2014
Fantasy World Cup Champion 2014
Apollo
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Ah, thanks guys.

(Wenger signing a one-year old... :rolleyes: )
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11

Postby Kyle? » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:58 pm

CrimsönGunner11 wrote:Ah, thanks guys.

(Wenger signing a one-year old... :rolleyes: )

If he reads this forum, you've probably just given him an idea. We need Thierry Henry and Robert Pires to become a gay couple and have a baby...
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee