Arsenal 3-1 Stoke City | Premier League 22/09/13

Re: Arsenal vs Stoke City | Premier League 22/09/13

Postby Est83 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:36 pm

gzagee wrote:Isn't it time to let the past be the past...?
Shawcross has moved on and more importantly I think Rambo's moved on... Tony Pulis got moved on too.

The players have moved on, (even Stoke's style looks to be moving on) but I don't think we should forget that it was their fans that added the animosity after the incident.

It's on their fans to stfu and get on with it imo.

Of course a minority from both sets of fans will just latch on to the hate and never let go, but they're just the sad f*ckers that forever search life for things to hate.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Zedie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Shawcross has moved on and more importantly I think Rambo's moved on... Tony Pulis got moved on too.

No.

It wasnt just a flash in the pan disagreement, it was about a proper reckless challenge that happened because there was a general belief that Arsenal 'dont like it up em' and Stoke are a tough team that should be given leeway for tough tackles, because they are tough.

To compound it, they f***ing booed us and him in particular for having his leg broken in such a way. Its not even like it was an accident, what the f**k did Shawcross think was going to happen when he launched in 2 footed from point blank range at a guy who didnt even see him coming?

They laugh and jeered us everytime they played us and continually try to go in extra hard against us in an attempt to win the game, not by playing football.

Ramsey could have ended up like Diaby, but his injury healed thank f**k, otherwise the prem wouldnt be lauding him like they will be when he wins PotM.

f**k Shawcross, f**k Pulis, f**k Stoke City, f**k Mark Hughes, f**k their knuckle dragging fans.

This fued wont die until we relegate their arses and they dont get back to the prem.

When that day comes, ill consider forgetting about them.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:41 pm

If their cavemen fans didn't boo Rambo every time we played them, maybe...
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Zedie » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:42 pm

Est83 wrote:

The players have moved on, (even Stoke's style looks to be moving on) but I don't think we should forget that it was their fans that added the animosity after the incident.

It's on their fans to stfu and get on with it imo.

Of course a minority from both sets of fans will just latch on to the hate and never let go, but they're just the sad f*ckers that forever search life for things to hate.

Fully paid up member of the sad f**k hater brigade!

In a dream scenario, we would march out of the Britannia stadium with 3 points and their relegation scalp in our cabinet. I wouldnt miss the silence in that shithole for the world.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Myrmedus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:47 pm

I also agree with Zedie: no.

For me, the reason why isn't even specifically to do with what happened to Rambo, it's a much more general issue that the Shawcross incident was just a typification of: their philosophy and footballing tactics were and still are, at least to some degree, thuggish and based on trying to bend the rules as far as they can (or in many cases break them). The second things aren't going for them they revert to type, and at least for me they're everything negative about English football (both in terms of the sport and the culture): a bunch of macho, thuggish, brutish idiots trying to clout people and thinking they're playing football.

They don't focus on trying to improve as a football team but rather a mentality of "at any cost" even if that means rugby tackling players in the penalty area or breaking player's legs. Anything they think they can get away with, they will try. People get f***ked off at people like Ashley Young diving around (and for good reason), well Stoke are just the same: their "tactics" are at best gamesmanship and at worst f***ing GBH. Some of the shit I've seen from that team would get you put in prison if it wasn't on a football pitch.

I don't blame them for lacking technical ability, that's not the player's fault, but I do blame their club and fans for ENCOURAGING and LAUDING the style of play as if it were something to be proud of.

It isn't. They're cheats. And their fans are assholes. I hope we f***ing bury them and I hope they get relegated, especially when far superior clubs in terms of their attitude, effort and culture get relegated around them instead.
Last edited by Myrmedus on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:48 pm

My hatred for Stoke seems to be the same as others. Maybe we should act the bigger men and move on and forget, but for some reason the beef we had/have with them still boils my blood when we play them.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Myrmedus » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:51 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:My hatred for Stoke seems to be the same as others. Maybe we should act the bigger men and move on and forget, but for some reason the beef we had/have with them still boils my blood when we play them.

Haha, f**k that. I hope they f***ing burn.

It's a simple reason...too many assholes get away with stuff in life, or even get rewarded for their bad behaviour: it would be nice to see some get burned for it.

:pray: Dear God, if you're listening, please relegate Stoke this year. Amen.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:18 pm

I just want the 3 points. Really couldn't care lees who scores or who how Stoke play.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Est83 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:26 pm

:lol: loving this thread now.

Zed, I'm a member too :shhh:

I hate their style more than anything, they're like a dirtier version of Allardyce's Blackburn. But everything about the Ramsey/Shawcross situation seemed to amplify it. The tackle, their style, the behaviour/reaction of their fans... pure scum, everything about the club disgusts me!

I will always want bad things for that club, ah well!

Wouldn't say I hated them though. A change in style and their fans finally evolving into modern day man might help, relegation would work wonders though.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Royal Gooner » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Zëdië wrote:

No.

It wasnt just a flash in the pan disagreement, it was about a proper reckless challenge that happened because there was a general belief that Arsenal 'dont like it up em' and Stoke are a tough team that should be given leeway for tough tackles, because they are tough.

To compound it, they f***ing booed us and him in particular for having his leg broken in such a way. Its not even like it was an accident, what the f**k did Shawcross think was going to happen when he launched in 2 footed from point blank range at a guy who didnt even see him coming?

They laugh and jeered us everytime they played us and continually try to go in extra hard against us in an attempt to win the game, not by playing football.

Ramsey could have ended up like Diaby, but his injury healed thank f**k, otherwise the prem wouldnt be lauding him like they will be when he wins PotM.

f**k Shawcross, f**k Pulis, f**k Stoke City, f**k Mark Hughes, f**k their knuckle dragging fans.

This fued wont die until we relegate their arses and they dont get back to the prem.

When that day comes, ill consider forgetting about them.

Quite agree. If they hadn't booed Ramsey or gone out of their way to go in hard on us, I probably would have let it go but since they insist on booing a player for having his leg broken by a thug for no reason, I won't let it go. Same as I boo Cashley even if it was in 2006. They are a lowbrow club with lowbrow fans of limited intelligence and I hope that we will start their downward spiral out of the top flight on Sunday.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:29 am

ThereIsBearCüm wrote:

If their cavemen fans didn't boo Rambo every time we played them, maybe...

Yeah that is particularly distasteful.

Let's just whip these beer swigging Orangutan's and celebrate that we know how to kick a ball properly not just people.

:arsesmile:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Git » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:59 am

MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Trequartista » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:35 am

Massive boost to the team! Granted, central midfield is pretty much the only area where we have plenty of fit players but still, with Wilshere having to play out wide, this couldn't have come sooner. Santi and Podolski shouldn't be too far off either. Happy days.
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Ceballos - Torriera - Özil
Pépé - - Lacazette - - Auba
Trequartista
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:40 am

gzagee wrote:I just want the 3 points. Really couldn't care lees who scores or who how Stoke play.

Same could be said for Man U or Spurs. The catalyst doesnt really matter, the beef was kicked off and now its just there.

Fair play if you can look past it and get on, but some people are hardwired to never forget!

The reason i hate Man U is because of history which spills into the present (Everything about the club, Pizza gate, blatant injustices against us, D-Day when Keown had to clothes line van Fontelrooy :biggrin:, the way the invincible run was ended, the media pandering of their shite, Fergies massive influence on the powers that be in the league, list is endless).

The reason i hate the scum is because of geography and history which spills into the present - you know those feelings.

Stoke - Ramsey leg break, Pulis instant dismisal that anyrthing was wrong with the situation, their f***ing fans jeering, booing Ramsey, mocking the manager, their shite football, being overly thuggish as oppose to firm but fair, .

As do Newcastle but to a lesser extent - 4-4 blatant bias from ref, red for Diaby, no red for Nolan for throwing Chesney to the ground, that f***ing penalty that no one can explain to this day etc.(ok this was mostly Dowd, but they were more than happy to take the plaudit for 'one of the greatest fight backs in prem history'), Ashley offering £1m to the staff if the team beat us on the final day lol "its 1-1 at Newcastle", Alan Pardews puckered up dogs arse boat race.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 am

Trequartista wrote:

Massive boost to the team! Granted, central midfield is pretty much the only area where we have plenty of fit players but still, with Wilshere having to play out wide, this couldn't have come sooner. Santi and Podolski shouldn't be too far off either. Happy days.

Once Podolski is back:

CONTINGENT
Zedie
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2013-14