Semi finals (Netherlands 0-0 * Argentina)

Talk about this years world cup!
World cup begins on Thursday 12th June.

Re: Semi finals (Netherlands vs Argentina)

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:24 pm

Lot of fan boys going crazy about Messi trying to justify his shitness today.

It's hilarious.

See what I mean about Messi pulling the wool over peoples eyes. He's a master at it.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:27 pm

lolcripps so much butthurt

grow the f**k up
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby elkanofan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:27 pm

Messi wont be able to carry his nation after two penalty shootouts, he will probably be exhausted, Argentina have been rather poor and are waiting to be beaten.

I think Germany will win 3-0
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:28 pm

From one of the best tournaments of all time, it could become one of the worst.

Never before has a final had such importance, on one side we have a side playing for the whole of football, where all true football fans will side. On the other we have druggies, divers, cheats, everything wrong with football represented by this one team.

Pray for a German win otherwise it's the end of football.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Arsenal~Fanatic wrote:
Messi has been a passenger for his national team pretty much judging by his high standards. It was supposedly proposed by his admirers that the reason he did not perform well for Barcelona was cos he was saving himself for world cup Now if he has been average in a team full of quality players around him, Like Di Maria, Higuain, Aguero, Lavezzi etc then he has himself to blame and noboy else. He is a top top player for his club but when it comes to his country his performances are no where near the level he puts in for his club.

I don't disagree with any of that, especially the bolded part; I just don't agree with the notion that a player can't be considered the GOAT because they underperform in one tournament (granted, Messi has underperformed for Argentina throughout his career). I wasn't really referring to Messi specifically, I'm just speaking in general.

P.S.

I myself don't consider Messi the GOAT.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Callum » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:29 pm

Dejan wrote:lolcripps so much butthurt

grow the f**k up
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:33 pm

Cripps wrote:From one of the best tournaments of all time, it could become one of the worst.

Never before has a final had such importance, on one side we have a side playing for the whole of football, where all true football fans will side. On the other we have druggies, divers, cheats, everything wrong with football represented by this one team.

:rofll:

I'm pulling for the Germans because they have the Arsenal contingent and some players I greatly admire (Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Hummels, etc.), but what exactly do you mean when you say it's the "end of football" if they lose?

Will all the players be sucked into an infinite vacuum and teleported to a black hole in space?

Will the concept of the sport and all the memories associated with football be eviscerated from our minds?

Talk about hyperbole...
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:36 pm

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Cripps wrote:From one of the best tournaments of all time, it could become one of the worst.

I'm pulling for the Germans because they have the Arsenal contingent and some players I greatly admire (Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Hummels, etc.), but what exactly do you mean when you say it's the "end of football" if they lose?

Will all the players be sucked into an infinite vacuum and teleported to a black hole in space?

Will the concept of the sport and all the memories associated with football be eviscerated from our minds?

Talk about hyperbole...

You've gone from Messi is the best ever to supporting the Germans rather quickly haven't you?

Anyway welcome to the true football fan corner.

As for what I meant, i should clarify. It's the end of football as we know it. We know it to be exciting, natural competitive sport. If Argentina win, won't be long before performance enhancing drugs are legalised and all talent much like Messi's comes out of a bottle. Gone will be the days talent wins out. It'll be whoever has had most to take.

End of football.

Must not happen. Join me and pray for Germany.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:37 pm

MESSI <3
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Massa » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:38 pm

Remember when Argentina 'weren't one of the favourites for the tournament'

Lol
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Arsenal~Fanatic » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:39 pm

Massa wrote:Remember when Argentina 'weren't one of the favourites for the tournament'

Lol

They still aren't Massa ;)

They may still win it as stranger things have happened. The team that performs the best on the given day wins it especially at such a big occasion like a world cup final but you cannot get away from the fact that Argentina players look jaded and out of gas while Germans look raring to go.
Last edited by Arsenal~Fanatic on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal~Fanatic
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:39 pm

Cripps wrote:
You've gone from Messi is the best ever to supporting the Germans rather quickly haven't you?

You're wrong on both accounts: I've been supporting Germany since the get go, and I don't consider Messi to be the GOAT - I just don't agree with the notion that he can't be considered the GOAT based on a poor WC.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Callum » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:41 pm

Massa wrote:Remember when Argentina 'weren't one of the favourites for the tournament'

Lol

The denial is just hilarious.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:41 pm

VAVAVOOM 14 wrote:
Cripps wrote:

You're wrong on both accounts: I've been supporting Germany since the get go, and I don't consider Messi to be the GOAT - I just don't agree with the notion that he can't be considered the GOAT based on a poor WC.

A fellow German like me.

Fair enough. I agree. I don't consider him the GOAT cos f well he isn't which is clear to all who isn't a troll or clueless.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby CRGooner » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:42 pm

CRGooner wrote:I think the final will be Argentina-Germany (PART 3).

Looks like somebody here was right :sneaky2:
CRGooner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2014