Third place match (Brazil 0-3 Netherlands)

Talk about this years world cup!
World cup begins on Thursday 12th June.

Re: Third place match - Brazil vs Netherlands

Postby AAIRE99 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:21 pm

That decision is f***ing scandalous. the red and the not penalty jesus.

Bigger teams just seem to get the rub of the green... Is it the fact that they are attacking more that causes this? in tandom with the opposition defences defending more and making more tackles?
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:43 pm

Omphi93 wrote:Scolari is pretty lucky Ronaldinho,Ronaldo,Rivaldo and co gave him a career.

Yep. Don't forget Gilberto Silva, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Dida, and Lucio: that team was great enough to win in any era - one of the best squads in history.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cripps » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Dida wasn't even their keeper as well.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:50 pm

Marcos was. I remember he was linked to Arsenal a fair bit after the tournament.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Cripps wrote:Dida wasn't even their keeper as well.

He wasn't was he? It was Marcos. Slipped my mind.

I remember he made a brilliant save in the final against Germany, tipped a rocket onto the post when it was 0-0.

Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Cripps » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Remember we were linked with him back then as a possible replacement for the ageing Seaman.

Whatever became of him?

Marcos, not Seaman.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:58 pm

Cripps wrote:Remember we were linked with him back then as a possible replacement for the ageing Seaman.

Whatever became of him?

Marcos, not Seaman.

Spent his entire 19 year club career with Palmeiras in Brazil - quite admirable.

Also won the Confederations Cup with Brazil in 2005, retired in 2011.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby elkanofan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:13 am

Brazil need some serious soul searching and changes, they played like ill disciplined arrogant kids who all played for themselves with no discipline or gameplan to try and break the dutch down.

I almost feel upset watching brazil like this. Something has broken in them. They need a clearout, they need to go back to their roots and redefine the way they used to play. Its as if they are more concerened about their new found economy influx and money than enjoying their football. When did brazil turn from down to earth, freespirited, geniuses who played for the spirit of the nation to these overrated, pretentious fuckheads?

Neymar did well to help this team but he really needs to man up.

David luiz needs to seriously learn how to control himself.

Jo and fred should be nowhere near this team. Maicons time is up. Enough with the average defensive midfielders. I also think its time to look at coutinho, lucas moura as serious starters. Pato needs to come back and needs support to reach some sort of potential since there is nobody else.

Hulk should be given strict orders to play for a serious club in england spain or germany to win his place back.

Brazil need players with personality. They need to stop overhyping neymar. Truth is like a lion, you don't need to defend or hype it through insecurity, it should defend itself. He should be so assured of his place. Allow competition, he needs it, he needs to start developing a backbone 'pun intended' so more superstars can emerge rather than relying on one.

Brazil never in their history have relied on one player so much, brazil was about having 4-5 superstars with maybe one like zico, garrincha, pele, ronaldo, romario or ronaldinho just happening to be the best in the world.

It makes me upset to see this. As a rugby fan would be upset if new zealand ever lost their invincibility aura.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:27 am

Cassio
Danilo-Silva-Miranda-Luis
Gustavo-Luiz
Lucas-Oscar-Firmino
Neymar

Subs: Neto (GK), Jefferson (GK), Alves, Dede, Dante, Marcelo, Fernandinho, Ramires, Willian, Coutinho, Hulk, Pato, Damiao

Surely has to be the squad Brazil takes for the 2015 Copa America. Cassio has been in good form for Corinthians, so it's time to see whether he can be the one to be between the sticks in Russia since Brazil's other goalkeepers are getting up there in age. Move David Luiz to midfield since he seems to love bombing forward and his runs will be less disastrous from there. Danilo is the best young right back Brazil has, and it's time to throw him into the deep end so he can learn. Filipe Luis should've gone to Brazil, and he deserves to start ahead of Marcelo especially with him being in unreal form for Atletico these past two seasons. Take out Hulk and Fred and insert Lucas and Firmino by having them flank Oscar. The front four of Neymar, Lucas, Oscar, and Coutinho will be dynamic with all four switching throughout the game.

It should be the majority of the squad that goes to Russia in 2018 with Marquinhos replacing Dante, Lucas Piazon replacing Hulk, some center mid such as Fernando replacing Fernandinho, and Rafael or Mario Fernandes replacing Dani Alves.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby bergloman » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:08 am

i agree, it was so sad to watch brazil team fall apart in such fashion.

although he played for chelsea, i thought luiz is quality player. i can't remember him ever running forward and leaving such huge gap behind him - the consequences were never so terrible.

do you guys think that clesea team covered up his mistakes ?
or did mourinho instill some discipline into his head? and it evaporated during world cup?
plnews.net - all Premier League news in one place
plnews.net Arsenal - all Arsenal news in one place
bergloman
Michael Thomas

Postby greengoonerie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:07 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1XQD_AalG8 great analysis of the game here
greengoonerie
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Previous

Return to FIFA World Cup 2014