Semi-finals (Brazil 1-7 Germany)

Talk about this years world cup!
World cup begins on Thursday 12th June.

Re: Semi-finals (Brazil vs Germany)

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:17 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Its a shame that statistics can't paint over what people can actually see. Oh wait no its not.

Ozils world cup was summed up when he had a chance to make it 8 and fluffed it.

The guy has sublime ability but he just doesn't look interested.

The last bit. He's relying too much on his natural talent and not doing enough. This World Cup, he's basically been the greater version of Arshavin - God-gifted talent, but not working hard enough. Of course, he's double the player, so that's why I said, "greater version."

I love Ozil and I still believe he's world class, but let's not delude ourselves by thinking he's tearing shit. He's not the wizard of before, as SchGoo put it. He's lost motivation it seems.

Ozil of the first half of the season was superb. After that, he's just lost his touch.

Yesterday, he had an acceptable game. Perhaps his best of the tournament, yet that alone wasn't good enough. Gosh, some of us are sounding like Liverpool fans by refusing to accept what's going on. Compared to Khedira, Muller, and Kroos yesterday, Ozil was pale, yet that doesn't slightly suggest that he's an inferior player. It only means he needs to work harder and impose himself more.

Ability can take you somewhere, but ability alone is like a staircase to the top; you still have to climb up and the most difficult task, you have to hold yourself up there, which isn't possible without hard work and determination.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Jim Ross Commentry
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Cripps wrote:http://hw-mobile.worldstarhiphop.com/u/vid/2014/07/Jj52FadFEYCN_mobile.mp4?ri=512000&rs=850

Jim Ross :hail:
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby goon4hire » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:03 pm

Angelito wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:Its a shame that statistics can't paint over what people can actually see. Oh wait no its not.

I love Ozil and I still believe he's world class, but let's not delude ourselves by thinking he's tearing shit. He's not the wizard of before, as SchGoo put it. He's lost motivation it seems.

Ability can take you somewhere, but ability alone is like a staircase to the top; you still have to climb up and the most difficult task, you have to hold yourself up there, which isn't possible without hard work and determination.

Interesting. Some say, he lacks confidence. Some say he lacks motivation. I don't know what's easier to gain, but whatever that is, he needs to have it f***ing back and more.

To be honest, I'm wondering whether he regrets going to the PL in a world cup year. :think:
goon4hire
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Schlandi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Angelito wrote:

The last bit. He's relying too much on his natural talent and not doing enough. This World Cup, he's basically been the greater version of Arshavin - God-gifted talent, but not working hard enough. Of course, he's double the player, so that's why I said, "greater version."

Ozil of the first half of the season was superb. After that, he's just lost his touch.

Yesterday, he had an acceptable game. Perhaps his best of the tournament, yet that alone wasn't good enough. Gosh, some of us are sounding like Liverpool fans by refusing to accept what's going on. Compared to Khedira, Muller, and Kroos yesterday, Ozil was pale, yet that doesn't slightly suggest that he's an inferior player. It only means he needs to work harder and impose himself more.

The truth has been spoken ;)
Reminds me a little bit of Podolski so much talent but you quiet often have the feeling there is much more possible than the current performance you see on the pitch. Funnily enough Podolski just wrote a book (no, I didn't read or buy it @Zedie :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: ) "Stay on the ball (or "stay focused") - Why talent is only the beginning"

http://www.amazon.de/Dranbleiben-Warum-Talent-nur-Anfang/dp/3522303814

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:03 pm

Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Callum » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:05 pm

The Brazilians spoke about Neymar as if he had died. Totally over-the-top.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Yup. Mentioned it at the start of the game. The picture Luiz and Cesar were holding was embarrassing.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:23 pm

gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Angelito » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:35 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Angelito wrote:

The truth has been spoken ;)
Reminds me a little bit of Podolski so much talent but you quiet often have the feeling there is much more possible than the current performance you see on the pitch. Funnily enough Podolski just wrote a book (no, I didn't read or buy it @Zedie :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif: ) "Stay on the ball (or "stay focused") - Why talent is only the beginning"

About Podolski, he's such a frustrating player. Either he kills it or is totally a passenger. I find it so frustrating. Podolski actually has/had the talent to be world class. When he first broke through, you just felt that he'd be special, but he never fulfilled those great expectations. I still remember how he totally rocked World Cup 2006--winning the Best Young Player too.

I love the guy and his finishing as good as any finisher in world football today, but the rest of his game isn't as complimentary to his finishing. He drifts out of it far too often. Is that because he can't play his favored #10 role (behind the striker)?
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby goon4hire » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:49 am

SchlandGooner wrote:The truth has been spoken ;)

Just a question Schland.... How was Ozil's finishing during his Bundesliga days? I hear some people say it used to be better (not great but at least a little better) compared to his RM days.
goon4hire
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Previous

Return to FIFA World Cup 2014