Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Leody wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
Brandon wrote:
kronickaos wrote:On the bright side, now I don't have to hear all these idiots singing "I believe that we will win." 1 win in 4 games is nothing to be proud of.

Getting out of the group of death and making things difficult for Belgium is though.

We only got out because Germany went ham on Portugal in the first game. Tim Howard is playing out of his mind, if it wasn't for him this game wouldn't appear as close as it does, just Look at our total shots vs Belgium's... We're lacking pretty badly.

You can poo poo the US if you want, but our run made put countries like Spain, England and several others to shame.

Are we a great team? Of course not. But at least give them the credit they deserve. They sure as f**k earned it.
Our midfielders are dog shite though.

This. And Gedion Zelalem should help to alleviate those problems in the 2022 World Cup.

You should think about renaming into "United States of Germanica" in football ? :P ;)
Zelalem was born in Berlin (Germany), his parents are both from Ethiopia how the f**k could he play for the USA ?
What's next Messi junior plays for Qatar in 2022 :dizzy:

Because he grew up in the US and is a US citizen.

Why is he playing in our youth teams ? :shout:

Would hardly be the first time in the world that a player plays for one nation in youth and another later.

Indeed but the amount of players moving from the German football association to among others Turkey and USA is too damn high :lipssealed:

USA (aka Germany B)

Why didn't you tell me that in the first place? :P

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Re: Round of 16

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Leody wrote:
AFC10 wrote:My god USA deserve a hell of a lot of credit. So unlucky! You guys on here must be proud. Great effort.

Honestly, they were lucky to still be in it that late. Belgium had 30+ shots.

It was a fair result in the end. Certainly not unlucky for the US.

That was more good defending though Howard, Bederlin? (RB) pretty much the whole back four were heroes.

While USA had two open goal chances at the end, granted one was "offside".
Last edited by DiamondGooner on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Leody wrote:
AFC10 wrote:My god USA deserve a hell of a lot of credit. So unlucky! You guys on here must be proud. Great effort.

Maybe, but they didn't have that many GREAT chances the whole game minus Kompanys. You had at least 2 or 3 after 90 minutes but overall the better team did win.

We've got a 2 day break now :crybaby:
Last edited by AFC10 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby LMAO » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:41 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Leody wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
Brandon wrote:
kronickaos wrote:On the bright side, now I don't have to hear all these idiots singing "I believe that we will win." 1 win in 4 games is nothing to be proud of.

Getting out of the group of death and making things difficult for Belgium is though.

We only got out because Germany went ham on Portugal in the first game. Tim Howard is playing out of his mind, if it wasn't for him this game wouldn't appear as close as it does, just Look at our total shots vs Belgium's... We're lacking pretty badly.

You can poo poo the US if you want, but our run made put countries like Spain, England and several others to shame.

Are we a great team? Of course not. But at least give them the credit they deserve. They sure as f**k earned it.

This. And Gedion Zelalem should help to alleviate those problems in the 2022 World Cup.

You should think about renaming into "United States of Germanica" in football ? :P ;)
Zelalem was born in Berlin (Germany), his parents are both from Ethiopia how the f**k could he play for the USA ?

Would hardly be the first time in the world that a player plays for one nation in youth and another later.

Indeed but the amount of players moving from the German football association to among others Turkey and USA is too damn high :lipssealed:

Don't feel so bad. We lost Neven Subotic and Giuseppe Rossi (even if he is a crock) to Serbia and Italy. Subotic in this defense would've been wonderful...
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Youngie » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:43 pm

The Dutch to win it..
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Leody » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:43 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:

That was more good defending though Howard, Bederlin? (RB) pretty much the whole back four were heroes.

Beasley.

Did they whistle the one we fluffed at the 89' mark? Horrible call if so, he was well on.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby AAIRE99 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:44 pm

De Bruyne impressed me tonight he was great, as was Lukaku. Belgium won me 100 in the end thank god. What a crazy end to the match.

I fance Belgium to beat Argentina. There 3/1. :o.
AAIRE99
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby squiggle » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:44 pm

That was fun! Two teams on a strong upward path.

This US team really won me over and the Belgian team now looks like the team we were promised before the World Cup.
‘Sometimes I watch Match of the Day to see how we’ve been perceived. It’s better to watch it with the sound turned down.’
squiggle
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Cripps » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Game of the tournament?

Respect to both teams. Belgiums best performance by a mile but the Americans...wow. Our English pansies should watch them, the desire energy, never give up.

Shame they're going home
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Leody wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:

Beasley.

Did they whistle the one we fluffed at the 89' mark? Horrible call if so, he was well on.

Mean't Yederlin, the young guy, Beasley's been very good as well.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Youngie » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Lukaku>Giroud
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Cripps » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Don't think there was any doubt about that.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Volnerman08 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Youngie wrote:Lukaku>Giroud

Lukaku must be a nightmare to defend against. The dude is built like a brick wall
Volnerman08
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Brandon wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Leody wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
Brandon wrote:

Don't feel so bad. We lost Neven Subotic and Giuseppe Rossi (even if he is a crock) to Serbia and Italy. Subotic in this defense would've been wonderful...

I just don't like that nation hopping after you received the whole training (at the latest from U18+ teams) from one football association it's kind of ungrateful to the nation who make it possible that you become such a good player also you most likely "stole" another talent from this country "his" place maybe some countries missed some great players (late developers) who never or barely participate in their youth teams cause of such a behaviour.

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Massa » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:59 pm

Massa wrote:If USA score I win £100 ffs come on

:goal1:
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2014