Round of 16

Talk about this years world cup!
World cup begins on Thursday 12th June.

Re: Round of 16

Postby LMAO » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Brandon wrote:I could see it going 2-1 either way or even going to penalties.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Youngie » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Brandon wrote:
Brandon wrote:I could see it going 2-1 either way or even going to penalties.

nobody likes a smart ass
Youngie
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Volnerman08 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:34 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:Sh*t ...... what a fkin game that was!!

US should be proud.
Volnerman08
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Leody » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:35 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Leody wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
Brandon wrote:
kronickaos wrote:On the bright side, now I don't have to hear all these idiots singing "I believe that we will win." 1 win in 4 games is nothing to be proud of.

Getting out of the group of death and making things difficult for Belgium is though.

We only got out because Germany went ham on Portugal in the first game. Tim Howard is playing out of his mind, if it wasn't for him this game wouldn't appear as close as it does, just Look at our total shots vs Belgium's... We're lacking pretty badly.

You can poo poo the US if you want, but our run made put countries like Spain, England and several others to shame.

Are we a great team? Of course not. But at least give them the credit they deserve. They sure as f**k earned it.
Our midfielders are dog shite though.

This. And Gedion Zelalem should help to alleviate those problems in the 2022 World Cup.

You should think about renaming into "United States of Germanica" in football ? :P ;)
Zelalem was born in Berlin (Germany), his parents are both from Ethiopia how the f**k could he play for the USA ?
What's next Messi junior plays for Qatar in 2022 :dizzy:

Because he grew up in the US and is a US citizen.

Why is he playing in our youth teams ? :shout:

Would hardly be the first time in the world that a player plays for one nation in youth and another later.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:36 pm

kronickaos wrote:Maybe in Russia...

2022 is the earliest we'll actually have an outside chance of challenging. Will have to wait until 2026 to be considered as contenders. Said that before this World Cup and I'm sticking to it. But I'm massively proud of what they did this year! Didn't overachieve. Didn't underachieve. About where I thought they'd be.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby ivan itchybum » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:36 pm

USA <3
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Volnerman08 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:36 pm

AFC10 wrote:My god USA deserve a hell of a lot of credit. So unlucky! You guys on here must be proud. Great effort.

Very proud, will forever wonder what would have happened with a healthy Altidore though...
Volnerman08
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Leody » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:37 pm

AFC10 wrote:My god USA deserve a hell of a lot of credit. So unlucky! You guys on here must be proud. Great effort.

Honestly, they were lucky to still be in it that late. Belgium had 30+ shots.

It was a fair result in the end. Certainly not unlucky for the US.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Volnerman08 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Now back to the U.S. not giving a shit about football. Sooo depressing...
Volnerman08
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby LMAO » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Volnerman08 wrote:Now back to the U.S. not giving a shit about football. Sooo depressing...

Not so fast there. Women's World Cup is next summer. We're actually considered a golden standard in women's football :1970_two_smileys_drinking_beer_together.gif:
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Schlandi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Leody wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
Brandon wrote:
kronickaos wrote:On the bright side, now I don't have to hear all these idiots singing "I believe that we will win." 1 win in 4 games is nothing to be proud of.

Getting out of the group of death and making things difficult for Belgium is though.

We only got out because Germany went ham on Portugal in the first game. Tim Howard is playing out of his mind, if it wasn't for him this game wouldn't appear as close as it does, just Look at our total shots vs Belgium's... We're lacking pretty badly.

You can poo poo the US if you want, but our run made put countries like Spain, England and several others to shame.

Are we a great team? Of course not. But at least give them the credit they deserve. They sure as f**k earned it.

This. And Gedion Zelalem should help to alleviate those problems in the 2022 World Cup.

You should think about renaming into "United States of Germanica" in football ? :P ;)
Zelalem was born in Berlin (Germany), his parents are both from Ethiopia how the f**k could he play for the USA ?

Would hardly be the first time in the world that a player plays for one nation in youth and another later.

Indeed but the amount of players moving from the German football association to among others Turkey and USA is too damn high :lipssealed:

#GoonersWorldExcuses
- Their goalkeerper had the game of his life
- We should have had 10+ penalties .. shit ref
- If long term injured player xyz would have been available we would have won easily
Schlandi
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Leody » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Group winners go 8 for 8.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby HeSaidHisNameWasPorter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:39 pm

Respect due USA . Wonderful effort .
HeSaidHisNameWasPorter
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Leody » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:39 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
SchlandGooner wrote:
Brandon wrote:
Leody wrote:
kronickaos wrote:
Brandon wrote:

Indeed but the amount of players moving from the German football association to among others Turkey and USA is too damn high :lipssealed:

USA (aka Germany B)
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Volnerman08 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Btw how good was Tim Howard tonight. An all time great gk performance. Also Julian Green showed well tonight. What a way to introduce yourself
Volnerman08
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2014