Round of 16

Talk about this years world cup!
World cup begins on Thursday 12th June.

Re: Round of 16

Postby Leody » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:11 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
AFC10 wrote:My god USA deserve a hell of a lot of credit. So unlucky! You guys on here must be proud. Great effort.


Honestly, they were lucky to still be in it that late. Belgium had 30+ shots.

It was a fair result in the end. Certainly not unlucky for the US.


That was more good defending though Howard, Bederlin? (RB) pretty much the whole back four were heroes.

While USA had two open goal chances at the end, granted one was "offside".


Beasley.

Did they whistle the one we fluffed at the 89' mark? Horrible call if so, he was well on.


Mean't Yederlin, the young guy, Beasley's been very good as well.


Yedlin? The 20 year old playing right wing?
This space used to be more fun...
User avatar
Leody
George Graham
George Graham
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Across the pond

Re: Round of 16

Postby Callum » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Major respect to the States for that performance, but in the end they don't have enough quality to make the difference. Belgium just about edged it.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36874
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Edu's barbecue party

Re: Round of 16

Postby golfinguy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Better team won.

But DAMN we had our chances! And Howard was MONEY!

Yedlin as RB for Arsenal anyone? :smartass: Forced into a change and the lad made us forget about Johnson.
__________________________________________________________
I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here.
User avatar
golfinguy
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 2056
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:07 pm
Location: The Wrong Fairway

Re: Round of 16

Postby HeSaidHisNameWasPorter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Cripps wrote:Game of the tournament?

Respect to both teams. Belgiums best performance by a mile but the Americans...wow. Our English pansies should watch them, the desire energy, never give up.

Shame they're going home

+1
User avatar
HeSaidHisNameWasPorter
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: Round of 16

Postby HeSaidHisNameWasPorter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:23 pm

The boy Yedlin is going places with outings like that .
User avatar
HeSaidHisNameWasPorter
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Re: Round of 16

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:55 am

Leody wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:
AFC10 wrote:My god USA deserve a hell of a lot of credit. So unlucky! You guys on here must be proud. Great effort.


Honestly, they were lucky to still be in it that late. Belgium had 30+ shots.

It was a fair result in the end. Certainly not unlucky for the US.


That was more good defending though Howard, Bederlin? (RB) pretty much the whole back four were heroes.

While USA had two open goal chances at the end, granted one was "offside".


Beasley.

Did they whistle the one we fluffed at the 89' mark? Horrible call if so, he was well on.


Mean't Yederlin, the young guy, Beasley's been very good as well.


Yedlin? The 20 year old playing right wing?


Yes Yedlin but he's a RB.

So is the guy he was subbed on for Fabian Johnson.
Image
User avatar
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 30647
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 am
Location: At the Gucci store

Re: Round of 16

Postby Leody » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:09 am

My bad I thought he was playing on the wing... He was one of the only attacking threats we had all night. :hiding:
This space used to be more fun...
User avatar
Leody
George Graham
George Graham
 
Posts: 13300
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: Across the pond

Re: Round of 16

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:27 pm

golfinguy wrote:Better team won.

But DAMN we had our chances! And Howard was MONEY!

Yedlin as RB for Arsenal anyone? :smartass: Forced into a change and the lad made us forget about Johnson.



He's an impressive little guy, should be playing in Europe somewhere soon I'd guess.

Great effort, Belgium just better all around which was expected. Our future is bright, but we just need that one special player to bring it all together, not sure who that's going to be though.

Not sure who I'm pulling for now, I can see Belgium beating Argentina for sure, don't care who wins it though as long as its not Brazil. :biggrin:
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35991
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Round of 16

Postby Jello » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:24 pm

SchlandGooner wrote:
I just don't like that nation hopping after you received the whole training (at the latest from U18+ teams) from one football association it's kind of ungrateful to the nation who make it possible that you become such a good player also you most likely "stole" another talent from this country "his" place maybe some countries missed some great players (late developers) who never or barely participate in their youth teams cause of such a behaviour.



Listen... we take the world's tired, her poor, her huddled masses yearning to breathe free. We'll sure as sh!t take her good soccer players with dual citizenship to make our national team competitive.

If any country in the world deserves to not take guff for having foreign born players on their national team, it's the US. Take a walk through any major city in this country and you'll see it's more than fair.
Jello
Liam Brady
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: Round of 16

Postby Cripps » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:55 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:
golfinguy wrote:Better team won.

But DAMN we had our chances! And Howard was MONEY!

Yedlin as RB for Arsenal anyone? :smartass: Forced into a change and the lad made us forget about Johnson.



He's an impressive little guy, should be playing in Europe somewhere soon I'd guess.

Great effort, Belgium just better all around which was expected. Our future is bright, but we just need that one special player to bring it all together, not sure who that's going to be though.

Not sure who I'm pulling for now, I can see Belgium beating Argentina for sure, don't care who wins it though as long as its not Brazil. :biggrin:

Freddy Adu tbh
Cripps
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 43234
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Re: Round of 16

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Cripps wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
golfinguy wrote:Better team won.

But DAMN we had our chances! And Howard was MONEY!

Yedlin as RB for Arsenal anyone? :smartass: Forced into a change and the lad made us forget about Johnson.



He's an impressive little guy, should be playing in Europe somewhere soon I'd guess.

Great effort, Belgium just better all around which was expected. Our future is bright, but we just need that one special player to bring it all together, not sure who that's going to be though.

Not sure who I'm pulling for now, I can see Belgium beating Argentina for sure, don't care who wins it though as long as its not Brazil. :biggrin:

Freddy Adu tbh



Is he still alive? Not even sure where he's playing or if he is at all.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35991
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: Round of 16

Postby Callum » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:12 pm

ChVïnt22 wrote:
Cripps wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
golfinguy wrote:Better team won.

But DAMN we had our chances! And Howard was MONEY!

Yedlin as RB for Arsenal anyone? :smartass: Forced into a change and the lad made us forget about Johnson.



He's an impressive little guy, should be playing in Europe somewhere soon I'd guess.

Great effort, Belgium just better all around which was expected. Our future is bright, but we just need that one special player to bring it all together, not sure who that's going to be though.

Not sure who I'm pulling for now, I can see Belgium beating Argentina for sure, don't care who wins it though as long as its not Brazil. :biggrin:

Freddy Adu tbh

Is he still alive? Not even sure where he's playing or if he is at all.

He's currently on trial at Stabæk in Norway, apparently.
User avatar
Callum
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36874
Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: Edu's barbecue party

Re: Round of 16

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:14 pm

Callum wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
Cripps wrote:
ChVïnt22 wrote:
golfinguy wrote:Better team won.

But DAMN we had our chances! And Howard was MONEY!

Yedlin as RB for Arsenal anyone? :smartass: Forced into a change and the lad made us forget about Johnson.



He's an impressive little guy, should be playing in Europe somewhere soon I'd guess.

Great effort, Belgium just better all around which was expected. Our future is bright, but we just need that one special player to bring it all together, not sure who that's going to be though.

Not sure who I'm pulling for now, I can see Belgium beating Argentina for sure, don't care who wins it though as long as its not Brazil. :biggrin:

Freddy Adu tbh

Is he still alive? Not even sure where he's playing or if he is at all.

He's currently on trial at Stabæk in Norway, apparently.



To say he didn't live up to the hype would be a huge understatement. Not even close! Over hyped cause he's American for sure. :dizzy:
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35991
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Previous

Return to FIFA World Cup 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest