EA the worst company in America

Talk about TV, Film, Music, and Games.

Re: EA the worst company in America

Postby Reverend Gooner » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Apple deserve to be in there, I don't dispute that. The conditions in their chinese factories are so hard that many workers have committed suicide in the last year. They are now making workers sign a pledge into their contracts that they won't commit suicide and that if they did their families would get the lowest compensation possible.

That is evil, rather then try and sort out the conditions to give their workers a tolerable working life they decide to try and stop them committing suicide instead.

I think apple are overpriced too Leody, I don't moan about it though, I just consider myself priced out on the money/value front and I don't buy.

Microsoft were taken to court in the US for anti competitive behaviour and ended up settling out of court, the results of which encouraged third party companies to grow. The EU is currently investigating them for anti competitive behaviour and they are known for buying out (EA style), using their financial clout against competitors. I don't have a lot of interest in them but I have heard enough over the last 15 years to know that they are no angels, apple neither like you say.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:41 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:Apple deserve to be in there, I don't dispute that. The conditions in their chinese factories are so hard that many workers have committed suicide in the last year. They are now making workers sign a pledge into their contracts that they won't commit suicide and that if they did their families would get the lowest compensation possible.

That is evil, rather then try and sort out the conditions to give their workers a tolerable working life they decide to try and stop them committing suicide instead.

I think apple are overpriced too Leody, I don't moan about it though, I just consider myself priced out on the money/value front and I don't buy.

Microsoft were taken to court in the US for anti competitive behaviour and ended up settling out of court, the results of which encouraged third party companies to grow. The EU is currently investigating them for anti competitive behaviour and they are known for buying out (EA style), using their financial clout against competitors. I don't have a lot of interest in them but I have heard enough over the last 15 years to know that they are no angels, apple neither like you say.

Completely forgot about the Asain factory story with Apple, how did that happen...

Yeah I vote with my wallet as much as one man can too.

Just have to laugh at the hypocrisy of people I guess. Ignore the major evils of one company and get all worked up over the minor evils of another. :dontknow:

And then so many place endless trust in government to right every wrong... like they're any better than all those big bad companies. If anything, they're the worst of the lot, because if you don't give them your wealth they'll throw you in jail. No voting with your wallet there.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:35 pm

After reading that, Apple are the worst.
I want Carl Jenkinson back in a Arsenal shirt next season.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Beyond their fanatics, who are becoming increasingly numerous unfortunately, I don't think anyone holds Apple as a model company. Everyone knows their products are extremely overpriced

Like I said, I think they are one of the only options in that survey who deserved to be there
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:04 am

Me and my little brother have been having a competition, who hates the choice of game more.

me and FIFA or him and Mass effect. We both go well over the top in complaining about how poor each game is! EA are a disgusting company, I have refused to buy their games since 2010, especially the FIFA series which i had purchased almost every year since 1998, it's just the flagrant disregard to fix flaws we have pointed out on forums for years and years, we know the problem, they know the problem, they refuse to care.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Maxduke » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:22 am

EA are shit, not many will abuse them about FIFA more than I do but surely they can't be the worst company in America. :lol:
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:07 am

Maxduke wrote:EA are shit, not many will abuse them about FIFA more than I do but surely they can't be the worst company in America. :lol:

there's just no care. FIFA 12 is really disgusting with the new defensive system in that they haven't bothered to put realistic inertia movement back in from fifa 08, there was no need to bring in this crap, just sort the stamina out, sort the tackling attribute out and add realistic movement in and people would abuse pressure in the first place, but OOOH NO, the instead implement this broken system! Instead of trying to tick people, ever tired listening to people EA?

I've been banging on about for years on forums, they know the issue but do not care. They are making money!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:23 pm

elkanofan wrote:Me and my little brother have been having a competition, who hates the choice of game more.

me and FIFA or him and Mass effect. We both go well over the top in complaining about how poor each game is! EA are a disgusting company, I have refused to buy their games since 2010, especially the FIFA series which i had purchased almost every year since 1998, it's just the flagrant disregard to fix flaws we have pointed out on forums for years and years, we know the problem, they know the problem, they refuse to care.

So you bought FIFA up until 2010, when it was a f***ing dreadful game not fit to lace PES's shoes... and you stopped buying it when it became much better?
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:44 pm

At least Jack was on the cover of one of the games. They did something right there anyway.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:04 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Me and my little brother have been having a competition, who hates the choice of game more.

So you bought FIFA up until 2010, when it was a f***ing dreadful game not fit to lace PES's shoes... and you stopped buying it when it became much better?

FIFA got good at FIFA 08,

I like realistic gameplay, not sure why, just thought the arcadey style was dull after a while. FIFA was trash until 08, when it finally the next gen project started to show promise, it was a flawed game, but what i described, 'An unresponsive masterpiece'. I loved how the players had a weight about them, they had started to show some player individuality with this also. Stats did mean a bit, which they don't now!

09 only needed to fix the responsiveness, but they went back to their arcadey roots again, with the unstoppable fast players, a game where my Luton Shelton from Jamaica was a better player than Cesc Fabregas because all that mattered in that game was sprinting. I stared playing on full manual controls because I thought back then it increased the realism, carried this over till 10, which was good on manual but on the default control was just a joke, the tactics where poor, defensive lines poor, AI really REALLY poor, the way stats worked where poor, every player again was the same and the game was just a pure arcade game. Enjoyed the world cup 2010 game which is the last EA game I brought, but it still a very arcadey game. The amount of people i destroyed online with Jamaica, just because they where fast! Really.

PES on the PS2 was seen as god, until PES 6, a game in which we could all fully see Konami where standing still. 2008 was a disgrace and in the minds of many people won't give PES a chance now because of it, 2009 very arcadey and substandard to FIFA again and while PES 2010 brought some good tactics to the table and also had very good player individuality which i enjoyed, it was a VERY broken game. PES 2011, Konami had started over again, with new, more fluid organic gameplay, it was again flawed and in areas basic but i really liked that game, had great individuality, players movements where solid unlike in FIFA 11, where they moved like monsters, and again every player was exactly the same and only strength and speed meant anything, not to mention the god awful exploitative Finesee shot from 45 degrees which is still in FIFA 12, it's been there as a scripted goal since 09, EA do nothing about it!

PES 2012 has issues with the CPU cheating heavily, along with a few too many snap to grid animations and CPU passing perfect, but it is a outstanding game in AI, overall a really good game, i haven't played it too much but I’m really enjoying it when I do. Playing Be a Legend, every team, every match is different, fresh, interesting, exciting. Loads of drama too. FIFA 12 looks better in graphics and has better animations but as shown in the video above, it's now not just a flawed game but a broken game too! So horrible to play, so boring, again easy because every player plays the same way, you see I used the Dortmund keeper to easily score that goal, first touch is the same for everyone, everyone has the same ball control, the robotic way the CPU play. Just no care at all by EA.

For years, and years i have discussed these issues with EA on forums, but they won't listen, their game is about marketing, setting out all these tricks instead of just making a good, balanced game with good varibale gameplay. FIFA is about making you do the same scripted plays over and over again! Horrible! PES in this generation cannot compete in any way to FIFA in terms of marketing, I think most people don't even know PES is still around, they hardly advertise, they just ain’t got the cash, it's very much a community built game now, a game where you need to know all the right websites to get the patches to play how you want really.

So there's my recent history with FIFA and PES, and why I go against the majority. I’m ‘good’ at FIFA and PES, but with FIFA it’s just learning to master all you have been given (the skills, dribbling) and knowing where you can shoot from and where you can’t and where is scripted to score and where is not basically, understanding the plays which easily give you a goal. I ONLY find FIFA fun these days when playing with mates when I’m high as f**k, then again, everything is good when you’re high.

I explained myself, don’t expect people to really take in what I say but here’s what I feel.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:10 pm

I understand. It is like Theo being better than everyone because he is fast. In real football i am talking. Oh if only.
EvAMY-CRAIGLEEAFC
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Ivan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:32 pm

elkanofan wrote: but with FIFA it’s just learning to master all you have been given (the skills, dribbling) and knowing where you can shoot from and where you can’t and where is scripted to score and where is not basically, understanding the plays which easily give you a goal.

That's exactly how it is Image
It's still a fun game, but the goals feel way less satisfying than they do in PES, because all of them look the same and most of the times, you knew you would score even before the ball left the foot.
Wir fahren weit,
wir fahren viel
und wir verlieren jedes Spiel...
Ivan
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby elkanofan » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:09 pm

Absolutley. One of the problems as well i see this, Theo's abillity in the minds of some fans is distorted from people playing FIFA, it's the same with Agbonglahor back in 2009!

Because in fifa all ball control, and technique is the same, Theo being so fast and for some f***ked reason given 5 star skills, people give his crap technique more credit than it's worth!

Yes, its fun playing vs your mates, but thats really about it for me.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:22 pm

The only thing I agree with you on is the scripted goals, especially finesse into the far corner cutting in off the flank. FIFA 08 was shite, so much wrong with the game mechanics but 09 was a revelation and 10 was the best FIFA game ever. Then they took it in the wrong direction again with 11 and 12 is even worse. The way passing is a lottery even with world class players. I completely disagree about the speed, they have made fast players more and more ineffective since 10, now a slow defender can easily beat the likes of Walcott in a race because the game puts concrete in the attackers boots

But it's still miles better than PES. And I think PES has better graphics, especially the player models

And lol Theo doesn't have 5 star skills. It's like 3 star
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Was this data gathered via an online poll? If so then I'd question the validity as gamers are more likely to vote in an online poll than consumers of other products.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment