WANTED.... For crimes against music

Re: WANTED.... For crimes against music

Postby Est83 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:59 pm

ChVint22 wrote:That is a good explanation about Nas, I agree. When he does get it all right on 1 song though, he's fantastic.

The whole first album is amazing. I don't think anyone's reached the same dizzy heights off of a debut album before, at least not in hiphop. It's demn near perfect!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:05 pm

I wonder if any of our rap fans on this forum have heard of the music poet, John Cooper Clarke.

He was reasonably successful in the UK in the early 80s, before rap really took off.

Some of his lyrics are deep. some are just stupid and some are very funny.

Check out "Beasly Street"
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby StLGooner » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Never heard of him, but I'll check it out. Thanks dude!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:11 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Snoop Dog

I'll admit, I use to love him, and I still like him as a person, but now when I hear him rap, I just cringe and think how easy it was for him to write something so simple. My 12 y/o son can rap better than him.

:rofll:

That man is just terrible.

Pop music is weird these days. It's like they're trying to appeal to everyone and give everyone the chance to say "yea, well, I'm quite worldy ya know, I like a bit of everything"... Erm, no you don't! You like this sick MTV concoction of (fake) house, (fake) hiphop, (fake) rnb, (fake) pop rock... with a little (fake) twist on top.

David Guetta. Let's get him to produce a track. We'll sell him as this Euro trash DJ that's in touch with the routes of house music and the real rave scene.
Some RnB bitch. We need a catchy chorus, and that whole RnB/Rap thing was popular a couple of years ago, let's jump on that and get the same people listening to this shite! Carey, Rowland? I dunno, just get one.
Snoop Dogg. Yep, he'll do. We need someone black, someone "urban", ya know, a bit of a gansgta. Didn't he shoot someone once? Perfect. It doesn't matter what he says, just make it simple and catchy so we can all sing along!

:sneaky:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Leody » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Est83 wrote:
Leody wrote:
UFGN wrote:And the entire genre of Country and Western, with very few exceptions.

I do like some of the newer song writers, but I just can't stand the music... decent lyrics though.

Bit difficult to listen to a whole track or album and just appreciate one element though isn't it? People do it in HipHop alot.

"I only like this track because of the beat" ... buy the f**king instrumental then!
"the lyrics are deep in this one! listen!" ... yea but the production is wack as f**k and there's some lame-arse, cheesy, "hope this gets me to number 1" shitty chorus in there.

Take Nas for example. Lyrically he's one of the best to come from HipHop, but the man literally only has one or two good albums out of about 12!!! He's always consistent, style, flow, delivery, voice, concept, depth, etc etc... but then a perfectly decent track - with a sincere message - will be ruined by the producer looking to make a beat that fits in with whatever mainstream trend is popular, or a cheesy chorus that's catchier than "we will rock you" for the sake of some sick mind control designed to turn you into one crazed f**ker that can't get that tune out of your head til you go and buy that track!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

... and breathe.

Haha, yeah can't argue with much of that. I certainly don't listen to Country hardly ever for the above stated reasons.

I'll listen to it on occasion while over at my mate's house doing yard work or drinking on the back patio, he's got a whole house stereo system and listens to some country and it's not bad music to listen to then. Last weekend we had some nice weather and he downed three trees so we were out back all day, but we were listening to Pearl Jam. :thumbsup:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:09 pm

snoop dog was great back in the day
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby arsenalyank » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:10 am

CynicalGooner wrote:
Nickleback (I like 1 song and all the rest sound exactly the same as each other)

This.

They get played to death in the States, and everything is the same sound over and over. The sound of the lead singers voice makes my ears bleed.
arsenalyank
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:34 am

whoooaaa... wait, what? Nickleback have a good song?
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Diaby24AFC » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:05 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Diaby24AFC
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Adele :shifty:
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:48 pm

Paris hilton
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:25 pm

a nowhere near complete list (those that have already been mentioned are excluded):
Bring Me The Horizon and all other generic metalcore/deathcore
Coldplay
My Chemical Romance
Tokio Hotel
Slipknot, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and all other "nu metal"
damn near every "post-hardcore" band since 2000
damn near all black metal (mainly for thinking they're badass when all they do is play dress ups in pine forests)
all "bubblegum pop" (Rhianna, Lady Gaga, Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber etc)
anyone that thinks they're punk and are clearly not (Avril Lavigne, Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan etc)
christian bands, especially the ones that think they're "cool" and "alternative"
Metallica (yes, they're mediocre and extremely overrrated), Pantera and all other generic thrash/power metal
Kanye West
Black Eyed Peas
50 Cent and anyone else who talks about how "gangsta" they are
Evanesence
All "crunkcore" and "dubstep"... music made by scene pricks, for scene pricks
U2
whatever genre those 3OH!3 twats are
and in case she doesn't fall under any of these categories, I want to make damn sure I mention Ke$ha
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:42 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:Metallica (yes, they're mediocre and extremely overrrated), Pantera and all other generic thrash/power metal

I'm going to guess you're under 30 years old then based off those statements...

And I would agree with Metallica after 1992, before that they were not overrated.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Leody wrote:
ThereIsBearCum wrote:Metallica (yes, they're mediocre and extremely overrrated), Pantera and all other generic thrash/power metal

And I would agree with Metallica after 1992, before that they were not overrated.

it's 20 years after 1992, and they sure are overrated now
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:50 pm

ThereIsBearCum wrote:
Leody wrote:

it's 20 years after 1992, and they sure are overrated now

I know that, but if you were alive and listening to music during the 80's you'd have a much greater appreciation of who they are. Having been born in '81 and growing up listening to them, they were by FAR the best thing going in the '80's.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Music