WANTED.... For crimes against music

Re: WANTED.... For crimes against music

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:01 am

CynicalGooner wrote:To be honest UFGN, I don't think not writing her own stuff is that big of a problem. it does degrade her stardom somewhat, but not her talent. And the song writers alway get the lions share of the money anyway. People with fantastic voices should be heard I say, far better than listening to the talentless muck we are subjected to most of the time. A good case in point is that Alfie Boe guy, who was the best lead by far from Les Mis. He made an album with a lot of songs from musicals on it, none of which he wrote obviously, but no problem because he has a fantastic voice

Not sure if you saw Alfie Boe yourself in Les Mis (I did,) but although he has a massive voice the guy who covered for him, Jonathan Williams, was better by far. A tougher, grittier voice and a better actor. So it kind of shows that yes, its good that good singers are out there, but stardom means nothing. And because theyve created nothing in their own right they are just one of many.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:25 am

Nah I saw Boe live and a couple of the others in recorded versions, including the first one. Not that guy if he was just a cover. Sure Boe wasn't the best actor in the world (and definitely not the show) but it's a musical man.... all about the voice. It's all about that one song when you get down to it and he brings the house down

-

I forgot Nicole Sherzinger, she's shit and annoying. And Madonna nowadays, please stop Maj.. please. Oh and Kesha, remember her? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god.

And how did I forget Celine Dion and Phil Collins?! both are repeat offenders for crimes against my ears

this is much easier than naming your favourite artists
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Est83 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:07 am

Venga Boys... sorry Dejan ;)

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby VCC » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:09 am

UFGN wrote:Special mention for Yoko Ono.

The f***ing bitch

was she a singing artist, or a con-artist LOL,always amazes me how John Lennon being as famous as he was ended up with the ugliest nutter on the planet.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Leody » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:40 am

To this who Whitney Houston thing...

Until she died, when was the last time anybody even thought of her, heard the on the radio, went to a concert (which people have demanded a refund for going to recently), or even put one of her albums on?

I honestly can't even remember the last time I heard one thing from or about her before she died.

Not exactly the mark of a great artist IMO.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 am

Phil Collins has been mentioned by a few people. Hes a total animal. Horrible music.

I also want to see Simply Red and Wet Wet Wet pay for their crimes.

And the entire genre of Country and Western, with very few exceptions.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Dejan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Est83 wrote:Venga Boys... sorry Dejan ;)

was just about to list this one in the favourite artists topic :sneaky:
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Leody » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:37 pm

UFGN wrote:And the entire genre of Country and Western, with very few exceptions.

I do like some of the newer song writers, but I just can't stand the music... decent lyrics though.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:38 pm

UFGN wrote:
yosifun wrote:
UFGN wrote:Yosifun, Prince isnt my cup of tea but i can see some real tallent there. Hes a multi-instramentalist, and he wrote some tunes..... Kiss, Purple Rain and Nothing Compares To You, which was of course sung by Sinaid O'Connor.

PG, lay off Nirvana! Overrated perhaps but they did some great tunes.

Same way I can mention Houston's vocal abilities and hits like "I will always love you" and "I want to dance with somebody".

It's all comes down to taste, but we can all agree Justin Bieber is a disgrace to the music industry.

It doesnt just come down to taste. Houston did not write her songs, she was a kareoke singer. Prince wrote everthing he has done and more besides, its totally different.

I think Prince is also considered one of the best guitarist in the world.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:39 pm

Every guy/boy that makes a love song. Take your man up juice f***ing phaggots.
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:49 pm

Leody wrote:
UFGN wrote:And the entire genre of Country and Western, with very few exceptions.

I do like some of the newer song writers, but I just can't stand the music... decent lyrics though.

Bit difficult to listen to a whole track or album and just appreciate one element though isn't it? People do it in HipHop alot.

"I only like this track because of the beat" ... buy the f**king instrumental then!
"the lyrics are deep in this one! listen!" ... yea but the production is wack as f**k and there's some lame-arse, cheesy, "hope this gets me to number 1" shitty chorus in there.

Take Nas for example. Lyrically he's one of the best to come from HipHop, but the man literally only has one or two good albums out of about 12!!! He's always consistent, style, flow, delivery, voice, concept, depth, etc etc... but then a perfectly decent track - with a sincere message - will be ruined by the producer looking to make a beat that fits in with whatever mainstream trend is popular, or a cheesy chorus that's catchier than "we will rock you" for the sake of some sick mind control designed to turn you into one crazed f**ker that can't get that tune out of your head til you go and buy that track!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

... and breathe.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:52 pm

That is a good explanation about Nas, I agree. When he does get it all right on 1 song though, he's fantastic.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Pitbull
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Prince was classically trained in like a gazzaillion different instruments.

... like, at least a gazzillion. I can't name them all, but I think I read that somewhere :hiding:

Didn't he write 'I don't like mondays' for Boomtown Rats too?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Snoop Dog

I'll admit, I use to love him, and I still like him as a person, but now when I hear him rap, I just cringe and think how easy it was for him to write something so simple. My 12 y/o son can rap better than him.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Music