WANTED.... For crimes against music

Re: WANTED.... For crimes against music

Postby Est83 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:21 pm

UFGN wrote:Zedie, f**k Whitney Houston. She was a glorified kareoke singer who helped to create the shit "r&b" sound that we are still being inflicted with today. She only just avoided going on my list.

Good comment. The lady had a voice, but as an artist she was awful, no point forgetting that just because she died recently. R.I.P and I wish her family well, but it seems all you need to do is die earlier than expected to be remembered in the same way as many of the greats.

And what the hell is "RnB" these days? Say what you want about Amy Whinehouse (I thought she had a great voice and could write very well) but much of her music and indeed her whole sound was "rhythm and blues". The stuff we hear nower days that's refered to as RnB is something completely different, and the generations brought up on it are of the opinion that the true RnB greats are people like Beyoncé and Maria Carey!!! :dizzy:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby ThereIsBearCüm » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:26 pm

surprised no one's mentioned Rebecca Black
ThereIsBearCüm
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:31 pm

Scooter.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

WANTED.... For crimes against music

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Dejan wrote:Scooter.

I like scooter!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:43 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Dejan wrote:Scooter.

I like scooter!

He stole all of his tracks.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:50 pm

UFGN wrote:VCC its tempting to put in the whole decade of the 80s, it was mostly a hell hole in terms of music, but then you lose some classic bands as well. Not many, admittedly, but some.

People who don't know much about music say that the eighties was crap because they're thinking of pop music which, by the way is also crap now...??!

They think of all that New Romance stuff like Duran Duran etc. but they forget or don't know that rap was invented in the 80's and so was dance music.
Even if you don't like rap/hip hop or dance then what about bands like Guns & Roses? Appetite for Destruction was 1986 IIRC.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
UFGN wrote:VCC its tempting to put in the whole decade of the 80s, it was mostly a hell hole in terms of music, but then you lose some classic bands as well. Not many, admittedly, but some.

People who don't know much about music say that the eighties was crap because they're thinking of pop music which, by the way is also crap now...??!

They think of all that New Romance stuff like Duran Duran etc. but they forget or don't know that rap was invented in the 80's and so was dance music.
Even if you don't like rap/hip hop or dance then what about bands like Guns & Roses? Appetite for Destruction was 1986 IIRC.

i was there mate and the eighties were easily the worst music period of my 43 years EASILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and if you cared to read my list there are a couple of eighties bands there Guns and roses being one ;)
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 pm

VCC wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

i was there mate and the eighties were easily the worst music period of my 43 years EASILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and if you cared to read my list there are a couple of eighties bands there Guns and roses being one ;)

If you like G 'n' R then how can you say that the whole eighties is a crime against music?

:dontknow:
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
VCC wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

If you like G 'n' R then how can you say that the whole eighties is a crime against music?

for a head moderator you are a bit slow mate best you read back at about the third or forth post of the thread and get back to me :lipssealed:
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:06 pm

and in the favorates music thread guns and roses are on my list of top 10
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:14 pm

VCC wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
VCC wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

for a head moderator you are a bit slow mate best you read back at about the third or forth post of the thread and get back to me :lipssealed:

Ok so you tried to backtrack it to 'most of' the eighties but that's still wrong. New Romance only made up a small part of what was going on in the 80's.
And why would you assume that because I'm a mod I read every single post in a thread?
I just read your post and commented on it straight away. Didn't need to read on.
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:22 pm

read my list early rap, hip hop,Dance,pop,IDONT DO IT,it is a personel thing you cant have a thread like this,then have someone say they dont know anything about music,music is a personel thing you either like it or not and believs me i have a rather wide range of musical taste,classical sondtracks,movie sountracks metal some pop extensive fifties 6o's seventies collections i just dont rate the eighties,and the first comment was a generalisation that in my lifetime the eighties were CRAP
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
VCC wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:
VCC wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

Ok so you tried to backtrack it to 'most of' the eighties but that's still wrong. New Romance only made up a small part of what was going on in the 80's.
And why would you assume that because I'm a mod I read every single post in a thread?
I just read your post and commented on it straight away. Didn't need to read on.

My first post was actually tongue and cheek,as was my artists i listed in the favorate artists one,at least i know what era bands are from some dont.there are alot of artists that made names in the eighties from alot earlier times.
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby UFGN » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:09 pm

There was some good music going on in the 80s. Theres always some good music. But it was deffinately the worst decade overall for music since the inception of modern music in the late 50s. It certainly has the least stand-out artists by a long way.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Leody » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Agreed, but there sure were some great bands.

Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motley Crew...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Music