Jessie J is shit

Talk about TV, Film, Music, and Games.

Jessie J is shit

Postby elkanofan » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm sick and tired of the music business promoting, worthless artists! She's making money off taking the piss out of jamaican cutlure!

that is all

commercial music pisses me right off!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby Dejan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:01 am

who's she?
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:10 am

Well first, we need to sort out the important matter............................. is she hot? :)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Goose » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 am

ChVint22 wrote:Well first, we need to sort out the important matter............................. is she hot? :)

I'd smash it!

How is she taking the piss out of Jamaican culture?

Elighten me......
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 am

Goose wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:Well first, we need to sort out the important matter............................. is she hot? :)

I'd smash it!

How is she taking the piss out of Jamaican culture?

Elighten me......

I just googled her and I agree. So who cares if she can sing or has talent or not. Brittany made a whole career out of not being talented. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:17 am

Who is Jessie J.

I gave up on mainstream music as soon as I hit puberty... haven't got a clue what's in the charts these days!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:33 am

Scratch that, I just checked youtube and found out who Jessie J is. I was actually at a mates birthday meal last week and met this Jessie J's best friend. Didn't have much to say to her and don't even know if she's a fan of her friends birthday or not.

Anyway, I'm a massive hiphop lover. 90% of the artists I lsiten to are either old skool or independent. So when I look at the charts and see a fake representation of hiphop, it annoys the f**k out of me. F**ks me off even more when I see people using that shit as a basis for their opinions on the whole genre and culture... so I hate these mainstream f**kers. However, I don't think Jessie J is taking the piss out of Jamaican culture alone. She's just a dumb tart from Essex that grew up listening to a bullshit mainstream version of many different "urban" (black) styles of popular music... it gets misinterprested, imitated, regurgitated... then misinterpreted, imitated and regurgitated all over again. It does the cycle a few times then eventually you end up with this shit that she's come out with.

It's just mainstream music all over! All different styles get raped and pilliaged in the mainstream pop world, it just really isn't music anymore. It's all image and trends, and f**k all to do with talent. With this bird, like I said, it's all the bullshit people her age listen to, and probably has more mainstream American influence that Jamaican. Either way, she's shit and has almost no talent at all... but more power to her if she can get rich taking the piss out of anyone who's dumb enough to buy her shit.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Dejan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 am

Yikes, hell no
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:37 am

I would... but only if I could damage her vocal chords with my love stick!

... what am I thinking, her "voice" is proabably computer generated anyway!

Actually she probably doesn't even exist, she's probably computer generated by some fat 40 year old virgin computer nerd!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Swan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:45 am

i could be talking out of my ass but it seems to me that music goes in a circle starts say at music that matters and really good say like the late 60's early 70's and slowly into 80's shit like poison and stuff then to the 90's ( which is good IMO) then to shit now..

when younger generations get sick of the older generation stuff so i branches off and then keeps going around .. does that make any sense..lol

i find that people that like 90's stuff also likes late 60's early 70's stuff and people that like crap today like 80's stuff.. just seems like that to me..
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:01 am

I think you're basing that on mainstream music alone.

I think there's been amazing music in every decade from the 50's or event he late 40's onwards (yes the the late 40's, check The Monk and the legend that is Miles Davis!!!) It just hasn't always been the case that great music is there for everyone to see it. The Beatles were a mainstream success, but they could have easily gone unoticed, and lots of great musicians have gone unoticed, but they're still there if you're willing to look for them... just don't expect to turn on MTV and find them there waiting for you!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Est83 wrote:Scratch that, I just checked youtube and found out who Jessie J is. I was actually at a mates birthday meal last week and met this Jessie J's best friend. Didn't have much to say to her and don't even know if she's a fan of her friends birthday or not.

Anyway, I'm a massive hiphop lover. 90% of the artists I lsiten to are either old skool or independent. So when I look at the charts and see a fake representation of hiphop, it annoys the f**k out of me. F**ks me off even more when I see people using that shit as a basis for their opinions on the whole genre and culture... so I hate these mainstream f**kers. However, I don't think Jessie J is taking the piss out of Jamaican culture alone. She's just a dumb tart from Essex that grew up listening to a bullshit mainstream version of many different "urban" (black) styles of popular music... it gets misinterprested, imitated, regurgitated... then misinterpreted, imitated and regurgitated all over again. It does the cycle a few times then eventually you end up with this shit that she's come out with.

It's just mainstream music all over! All different styles get raped and pilliaged in the mainstream pop world, it just really isn't music anymore. It's all image and trends, and f**k all to do with talent. With this bird, like I said, it's all the bullshit people her age listen to, and probably has more mainstream American influence that Jamaican. Either way, she's shit and has almost no talent at all... but more power to her if she can get rich taking the piss out of anyone who's dumb enough to buy her shit.

I'm a big hiphop fan too, I listen to a little bit of everything, but hiphop is my main influence. Have you heard of Rhyme Asylum?
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Yea, I went to an MF DOOM concert in Brixton last year and actually bumped into Rhyme Asylum's main man Posessed handing out flyers outside. He's a nice guy, very humble.

You're American aren't you? I'm surprised to hear that you're into UK Hiphop as there aren't many well known UK hiphop artists. It had a miniture Golden Age between '96 and '03, then kind of dissapeared into abscurity again... just when it was looking like some artists might get some real recognition.

I'm not really in the loop anymore as far as UK Hiphop goes, there's only a handful of artists I listen out for. If you don't already know this guy, then I reccommend him highly. Not the greatest emcee but he's easily our best Hiphop producer. Hiphop is/was/should be/came from, breakbeat funk, and you can always hear that in Parker's beats.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby StLGooner » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:12 pm

I've been trying to find some British hiphop lately just to try and change it up a bit, and hear something new ya know, and I somehow came across them through a few google searches, and bought one of their albums on Itunes. I read alot about British hiphop and how it was obviously influenced by American hiphop, but of course most liked to put their British touch on it, and it was real interesting to hear and read. I'll have to check Mr. Parker out. Cheers!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby elkanofan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:39 pm

Est83 wrote:Who is Jessie J.

I gave up on mainstream music as soon as I hit puberty... haven't got a clue what's in the charts these days!

neither did till my second year at uni

f***ing housemate's music is shocking :angry:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Next

Return to Entertainment