Jessie J is shit

Talk about TV, Film, Music and Games.

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby elkanofan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:50 pm

Right it's not just jessie j, it's just the use of the word 'Mandem' is so in your face i think it's time for a rant!

Mandem. is a Jamaican Patois word. It's the usual lazy grammar. 'Merging sentences together' and it's just a quicker way of saying 'the men' or a group of men.

If you know any Jamaicans or you have ever been there, they hate it when foreigners speak patois! It's ment to be only for the Jamaican people as through history we have been enslaved by many different nations (England, Spain, France etc..) So we created a language (it's mainly English) for them to speak.

It's like any word for patois is raped by fools who know nothing over here. It's why when you go to Jamaica, they really don't like foreigners! Basically, anyone who's not from the area!

It's not just here there's too many examples. It's well out of hand but it's really does annoy me! How it's apparently 'cool' to take the piss.

Now, back to her, anyone else tired of these talentless fucks we here all the time? Why is it so 'in your face' these days? Thankfully some people here know good good music. MF DOOM :) That's what I'm talking about!
User avatar
elkanofan
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 12453
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Anyone not Jamaican who used "mandem" to my face would get and have got a f***ing swift smack.

I don't mind Jamaican Patois when its coming out of the gob of a Jamaican but when its this basterdized "London" talk coming out of some white kid, or Black kid who wouldn't know the first thing about his roots if it smacked him repeatedly in the side of the head, it really does get on my nerves, a lot.

I grew up around the Oval/Brixton/Lambeth area, my cousins are mixed race so i spent a lot of time in Brixton especially, in the company of a lot of Black people, despite being a Blonde white kid :grin:

In my youth i used to have that slangy London talk mixed with cockney and i sounded like a c***, when i moved away from Brixton up into nicer parts i just developed a full blown cockney accent, i still sound like a c*** but not as bigger one anymore!

I find this kind of thing forced in order to prove popular among the grime/RnB populus...

And i agree with the above, i have been in the company of propa' Rasta's when i was a little kid and if i tried to talk the way they did i would get a funny look and a clip round the ear.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
User avatar
GunnGunn
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18981
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: London

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby Massa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Image
User avatar
Massa
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 36381
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby elkanofan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 pm

GunnGunn wrote:Anyone not Jamaican who used "mandem" to my face would get and have got a f***ing swift smack.

I don't mind Jamaican Patois when its coming out of the gob of a Jamaican but when its this basterdized "London" talk coming out of some white kid, or Black kid who wouldn't know the first thing about his roots if it smacked him repeatedly in the side of the head, it really does get on my nerves, a lot.

I grew up around the Oval/Brixton/Lambeth area, my cousins are mixed race so i spent a lot of time in Brixton especially, in the company of a lot of Black people, despite being a Blonde white kid :grin:

In my youth i used to have that slangy London talk mixed with cockney and i sounded like a ****, when i moved away from Brixton up into nicer parts i just developed a full blown cockney accent, i still sound like a **** but not as bigger one anymore!

I find this kind of thing forced in order to prove popular among the grime/RnB populus...

And i agree with the above, i have been in the company of propa' Rasta's when i was a little kid and if i tried to talk the way they did i would get a funny look and a clip round the ear.


Yes star :)

Again my whole family is pretty much all Jamaican, the recent holidays back there and exploring parts of the old country, when you get to know people,t hey really don't like foreigners mocking their culture. We have a new handshake thankfully nobody here is using apart from the Jamaicans.

Also been listening to Lewis Parker all day, proper good music :)
User avatar
elkanofan
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 12453
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:16 pm

On a completely unrelated and un-stereotypical note ( :grin: ). My mate will be picking up some cheese tonight and i'll be putting on a bit of Marley and Grant (So he ain't Jamaican, pish)...

Fifa will be fun tonight.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
User avatar
GunnGunn
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 18981
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: London

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby starmandb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:17 pm

Est83 wrote:I would... but only if I could damage her vocal chords with my love stick!

... what am I thinking, her "voice" is proabably computer generated anyway!

Actually she probably doesn't even exist, she's probably computer generated by some fat 40 year old virgin computer nerd!

i saw her on jools holland doing a stripped down version of her song
sounded very good
User avatar
starmandb
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10309
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby elkanofan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:23 pm

GunnGunn wrote:On a completely unrelated and un-stereotypical note ( :grin: ). My mate will be picking up some cheese tonight and i'll be putting on a bit of Marley and Grant (So he ain't Jamaican, pish)...

Fifa will be fun tonight.


Well FIFA is a good party game. Even thought it's diabolical this year! And has been for the last year or so!

as for cheese, i found another dealer :arse fan:
User avatar
elkanofan
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 12453
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby Est83 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:07 pm

DOOM and Lewis Parker... good man!!!

I understand the your whole argument mate, but I'm a little bit between two minds. At the end of the day, globalisation is in full grip of these little subcultures, and whether you like ti or not, Jamaica and America are probably the two biggest influences (musically) in the world. But the music is more than just music, it's like I said, it's a whole sub culture.

And I know plenty of black guys who are 3rd/4th generation British who have never been to Jamaica, and plenty of white guys who are, well, white, and they all speak some kind of London/Patois mix. The people around them influence them, and London has had Jamaican communities since the 60's.

I don't think it's all "taking the piss", some of it is very genuine. However, this dumb bicth from Essex needs to shut the f**k up and get another hobbie!!!
Image


MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010
 
Posts: 15924
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:18 am
Location: On the bog!

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby Zedie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Est83 wrote:Yea, I went to an MF DOOM concert in Brixton last year and actually bumped into Rhyme Asylum's main man Posessed handing out flyers outside. He's a nice guy, very humble.

You're American aren't you? I'm surprised to hear that you're into UK Hiphop as there aren't many well known UK hiphop artists. It had a miniture Golden Age between '96 and '03, then kind of dissapeared into abscurity again... just when it was looking like some artists might get some real recognition.

I'm not really in the loop anymore as far as UK Hiphop goes, there's only a handful of artists I listen out for. If you don't already know this guy, then I reccommend him highly. Not the greatest emcee but he's easily our best Hiphop producer. Hiphop is/was/should be/came from, breakbeat funk, and you can always hear that in Parker's beats.




Didnt know Metal Face was over here (a little bit of me just died, realising ive missed the chance to see him live). MF Doom is the saviour of hip hop. The greatest MC ive ever heard! Nuts, i know but i actually paid £30 for an original copy of Operation: Doomsday online because i just had to have a copy of true musical greatness.

Tunes like Rhymes Like Dimes and The Finest just aren't made anymore.

F it, Doom is going straight into the CD changer tonight!
Image
User avatar
Zedie
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 30151
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby Est83 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:26 am

Zedie mate, I f**king love you!!! Been bumpin my head to the Special Herbs box set since my last post!

I paid £70 :hiding: for an orignal Fondle Em release of Operation Doomsday!!! I felt like a bit of a mug because quite soon after Subverse re-issued the album with a couple of bonus tracks... I then got that for a tenner :doh: I've also got that MadVillain collectable box-set thingy. T-shirt, vinyl, cassette and CD are all still in the original packing. Last time I looked they were going for £400+ on ebay :think:

And yes, DOOM is the saviour of hiphop, and that's no f**king exageration! He makes everyone else sound the same!

He's actually performed in the UK a couple of times at smaller venues like the Jazz Café. I think he did something with the Stonesthrow lot not long after Madvillain dropped (what an ablum... second one's taking a bit too long for my liking though). But this was the first time he did something on this scale. Packed out Brixton Academy twice, then did Birmingham and Manchester. Great night!
Image


MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010
 
Posts: 15924
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:18 am
Location: On the bog!

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby Goose » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:40 am

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard

So as I am not Jamaican I deserve a smack in my face for using the word mandem?

Really?

*shakes

Mandem is actually derived from a Latin word
Image
User avatar
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009
 
Posts: 9472
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: Behind You, Sniffing Your Hair

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby Zedie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:06 am

Est83 wrote:Zedie mate, I f**king love you!!! Been bumpin my head to the Special Herbs box set since my last post!

I paid £70 :hiding: for an orignal Fondle Em release of Operation Doomsday!!! I felt like a bit of a mug because quite soon after Subverse re-issued the album with a couple of bonus tracks... I then got that for a tenner :doh: I've also got that MadVillain collectable box-set thingy. T-shirt, vinyl, cassette and CD are all still in the original packing. Last time I looked they were going for £400+ on ebay :think:

And yes, DOOM is the saviour of hiphop, and that's no f**king exageration! He makes everyone else sound the same!

He's actually performed in the UK a couple of times at smaller venues like the Jazz Café. I think he did something with the Stonesthrow lot not long after Madvillain dropped (what an ablum... second one's taking a bit too long for my liking though). But this was the first time he did something on this scale. Packed out Brixton Academy twice, then did Birmingham and Manchester. Great night!


Cant believe it. For years i have been banging on about this guy to friends who appreciate real hip hop and they've all converted. The guy is dynamite. Some of the lines are too much to bare sometimes hes that good.

Madvilliany, the Viktor Vaughn albums, Mmm Food etc He does it EVERY TIME! Love Stones Throw records, i know you've got the first Loot Pack album (Madlib and Wild Child), Peanutbutter Wolf, Dangerdoom. Christ, the list is endless.

You compare Doom to someone like say, Rick Ross and you really wonder if the golden era will ever come back.

Really saddens me when you get people like Ghost Face collaberating with Scary Spice on a feature. At least you know that would never go down with Metal Face!!
Image
User avatar
Zedie
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 30151
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby elkanofan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:28 am

Goose wrote:That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard

So as I am not Jamaican I deserve a smack in my face for using the word mandem?

Really?

*shakes

Mandem is actually derived from a Latin word


please don't tell me you thought i said madam :dizzy:
User avatar
elkanofan
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 12453
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby Zedie » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:34 am

lol
Image
User avatar
Zedie
Poster Of The Month
Poster Of The Month
 
Posts: 30151
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: in the man cave

Re: Jessie J is shit

Postby elkanofan » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:42 am

Est83 wrote:DOOM and Lewis Parker... good man!!!

I understand the your whole argument mate, but I'm a little bit between two minds. At the end of the day, globalisation is in full grip of these little subcultures, and whether you like ti or not, Jamaica and America are probably the two biggest influences (musically) in the world. But the music is more than just music, it's like I said, it's a whole sub culture.




It's crazy how a tiny country like Jamaica can produce so much talent. You need to go there, you will be shocked at how modest it is over there yet the talent that comes out of the Island over the years not just in music, but in athletics etc..

There's only about I'd say no more than about 8 million of us all over the globe and just under 3 million in Jamaica. Were still arguly a third world country (You need to go there to understand) Jamaica still punches well above it's weight!
User avatar
elkanofan
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 12453
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

PreviousNext

Return to Entertainment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests