Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Postby Goose » Thu May 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Anyone seen the trailer for the new one?

My girlfriend asked me why I don't play my one anymore lol
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 06, 2010 2:12 pm

gunner2018 wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:I like the new maps, but I don't like that fact you can't choose what game you want to play while using them.

explain? so i choose new map C for example then it tells me what type of game im playing when its loading?

are they still worth it if you've played MW1?

When you go into "find a game", way at the bottom it give you two more options if you bought the map pack. It says some like "Stimulus Package" and "Hardcore Stimulus Package", if you click on one it doesn't give you the option of what type of game you want to play, it will just throw yo in a random game. I only played the hardcore and it cycled between all the new maps, but it changed the type of game by itself between Headquarters and Search and Destroy, and I don't like Search and Destroy cause it usually goes so quick.

You'll have to decide if they're worth it or not. The price went up this year to $15 for me, I'm sure its a few extra pounds over there as well, but I guess its worth it if you love the game.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Leody » Thu May 06, 2010 5:34 pm

$15?

Forget it... I'm more than happy with the current number of maps and I'm not paying 1/4 the price of a whole new game just for a few more maps...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Mon May 31, 2010 2:10 pm

Bump!

guess what? there bringing out another map pack and guess what? 2 of the 5 are from MW1

think there just trying to milk us for more moneyz :disgust:
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Goose » Mon May 31, 2010 2:28 pm

Infinity Ward has lost the rights to make future Call Of Duty games, so expect tons of new maps to be coming out
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Forest » Mon May 31, 2010 4:05 pm

ah right so who is making that new one which is out on nov i think? COD: black something i think?
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Mon May 31, 2010 6:29 pm

Infinity Ward didn't lose the rights to make any future COD games, they have delayed production of MW3 because of a lawsuit involving Activision, themselves and two senior devs who were fired.

CoD: Black Ops, which is out in November is being made by Treyarch, who are essentially IW's sister company (The sister who doesn't like their whore of a sister) Although they have nothing to do with IW.

IW will continue development of MW3 as they made it to be a trilogy, after that, they will probably drop Activision as Publishers and look into other things while Treyarch (Who IMO are a much better company) will probably take over CoD full time.

IW still support MW2 and new maps are due on Thursday, nobody else has rights to release maps.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Mon May 31, 2010 9:27 pm

Treyarch is not better than Infinity Ward, Infinity Ward has always produced the better MWs.

Also,Infinity Ward cant drop Activision, as Activision owns the COD franchise and also own Infinity Ward, who they bought 6-7 years ago, they have already fired some Infinity Ward staff and are shutting down the studio

The 2 senior developers you mention, worked for Infinity Ward and were fired by Activision for being "insurbordinate".

The developers are suing Activision for royalties that are owed, but Activision are counter suing as they said the 2 developers were scheming with EA, to set up a new studio and recruit Infinity Ward staff to work for EA.

Since the 2 developers were fired, they have set up a new studio named Respawn, sponsored by EA Games and 26 staf members have left Infinity Ward to join Respawn.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/enterta ... emers.html
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:23 am

Treyarch hasn't done a MW game, and the 3 way rangle between IW, AC, Vamparella and West who were sacked is because they set up another company, yes, but they both took each other to court, A) Because They tried to set up a subsidiary company and take IW staff and B) Over monies owed.

Treyarch NOW are a better dev than IW, why? Because they don't let themselves get bent over by their parent company, they listen to fans, and address problems and flaws found in previous games, they also release BETA's, something that IW deems beneath them.

And IW CAN drop Activision if they buy themselves out, people need to stop looking at it like someone owning a car, its not, Activision have nothing to do with IW as a company, other than owning it and discussing financial issues, (And sacking 2 senior devs) they don't make the games or have any influence on how they are made, ALL money doesn't go to Activision either, its how it works in the game industry, companies owned within companies, purely for financial reason.

IW WILL make MW3, thats a given.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:09 am

Sorry I meant IW makes the better CODs.

IW won't make MW3, as Activision are closing it down, they have already said so.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:45 am

They won't close down a franchise that has made them over a Billion dollars of profit (Thats just MW2), or the company that made them that profit, regardless of what they say.

Its exactly the same as football rumours, you see them every day, doesn't mean its true.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:27 pm

GG have you brought the latest map pack? noticed you was on a diff map to the standard ones last night

if so are they worth it and better than the first map pack?
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:35 pm

gunner2018 wrote:GG have you brought the latest map pack? noticed you was on a diff map to the standard ones last night

if so are they worth it and better than the first map pack?

Yeah mate, i caved, but only because i heard they were good.

Vacant was one of my fave maps on MW and they brought it back, the new new maps are quality as well, Carnival has a really eerie feel to it.

Whats your GT mate? So i know who you are, forgot :redface:
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:45 pm

its okay as only finally added you and briggsy other day, chrisd500

might get them then at weekend, carnival did look a good map on the video
@Coulston17

Forest