Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Postby StLGooner » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:07 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Fabby wrote:Is COD as good online on PS3 as it is on XBOX?

Got a nice chunk of money coming my way which I'm going to waste on one of the two.

No difference, just depends on what controller you like best

Massa doesnt like games he prefers thinking about formations in his free time :smartass:

Thats how I am. I like the Xbox and I think some of its features are better, but I'm so use to the PS3 controller, when I try to use the Xbox one its like I'm cheating on my wife or something.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Fabby » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:33 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

Got a nice chunk of money coming my way which I'm going to waste on one of the two.

Massa doesnt like games he prefers thinking about formations in his free time :smartass:

Thats how I am. I like the Xbox and I think some of its features are better, but I'm so use to the PS3 controller, when I try to use the Xbox one its like I'm cheating on my wife or something.

Alright playaaa, remember we've seen what you cheated on your wife with ;)
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:16 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:

Well there is a big difference already mentioned in this thread.

Xbox gets exclusive DLC before the PS3 and the online is generally superior...

I have both games, on both consoles and prefer it on the Xbox, £27 a year for a better online experience, exclusive download stuff etc is worth it IMO.

Plus, the PS3 is going the same way soon, they realised they could make mugs of all their customers as much as MS do, so expect to pay for exclusive stuff soon.

On the plus side Fabby, you get to have you're arse handed to you by me, Goose and OzGooner ;)
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Forest » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:19 pm

your lots gamer tags in that gamer tag thread somewhere?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:21 pm

Yeah dude.

My one has changed now though

UK JamieNixx89
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fabby » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:23 pm

gunngunn wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

I have both games, on both consoles and prefer it on the Xbox, £27 a year for a better online experience, exclusive download stuff etc is worth it IMO.

Plus, the PS3 is going the same way soon, they realised they could make mugs of all their customers as much as MS do, so expect to pay for exclusive stuff soon.

On the plus side Fabby, you get to have you're arse handed to you by me, Goose and OzGooner ;)

hahahaha yeah looks like its gonna be an Xbox then, beens as they are cheaper an all aswell aren't they.

£27 a year? I thought it was £40? not that id mind either it is a year after all so fackitttt
If It Feels Good, Do It.

Van Basten
Rivaldo------------- R.Gullit
Guardiola Effenberg
R.Carlos -----------------------J.Zanetti
Costacurta M.Sammer Bergomi
GK
Fabby
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:24 pm

gunngunn wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

The online being 'generally superior' is a myth, nothing more. They both have their advantages. And the subscription PSN will be an option, playing online will always be free, like it should be.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:27 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

The online being 'generally superior' is a myth, nothing more. They both have their advantages. And the subscription PSN will be an option, playing online will always be free, like it should be.

Well, we get party systems, cross game chat, MSN, Sky player, Facebook etc, Demo's first, game content first, exclusive DLC for multi platform games...

I would class that a generally superior but :dontknow:

And Fabby its £40 RRP, buts its £27 on the net.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:34 pm

gunngunn wrote:Well, we get party systems, cross game chat, MSN, Sky player, Facebook etc, Demo's first, game content first, exclusive DLC for multi platform games...

Xbox gets demos and (non bought out) game content first because XBL live updates 2 days before PSN lol. If Sony decided to be silly and change from Thursday to Monday, PS3 would get stuff first.

Almost all first party, and some third party PS3 games have dedicated servers, vastly superior arcade games (as thats where money goes, not on buying out timed DLC lol), has a web browser (facebook, twitter, whatever) BBC iPlayer. So yes they both have their advantages. The only thing 360 has that PS3 needs is the party chat
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:32 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
gunngunn wrote:Well, we get party systems, cross game chat, MSN, Sky player, Facebook etc, Demo's first, game content first, exclusive DLC for multi platform games...

Xbox gets demos and (non bought out) game content first because XBL live updates 2 days before PSN lol. If Sony decided to be silly and change from Thursday to Monday, PS3 would get stuff first.

Almost all first party, and some third party PS3 games have dedicated servers, vastly superior arcade games (as thats where money goes, not on buying out timed DLC lol), has a web browser (facebook, twitter, whatever) BBC iPlayer. So yes they both have their advantages. The only thing 360 has that PS3 needs is the party chat

It has nothing to do with the fact Xbox updates first, and everything to do with the fact that MS have a lot more money than Sony to throw about.

We got the MW2 Maps a month before you, exclusive content for GTA, Borderlands, Assassins Creed and Fallout, some of which hasn't even been released yet.

Dedicated Servers from PS3's end, not from the game end, all CoD games run off of Activisions in house servers and P2P, so does Battlefield, the only ones that don't worth mentioning are MAG and Warhawk.

And for all the dedicated servers its generally well known that Xbox has a better online service i.e. less lag and such.

I don't to turn this into a which dick is bigger contest, i own both, and this is my experience from both.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goose » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Hey we should start a Goonersworld clan
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Gooner4 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:39 am

Not long had this game, and its starting to put the rocks on my relationship with the missus..
Im so addicted, i even have strange dreams at night were i see myself hiding in weird places.

I can always through it in her face though cause she bought me the game..

Im pretty rubbish at it as i have never played any games like this before been more into football games.

My gamer tag is Van Persi 1987 if you wanted to add me.
Gooner4
Patrick Vieira

Postby StLGooner » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Gooner4 wrote:Not long had this game, and its starting to put the rocks on my relationship with the missus..
Im so addicted, i even have strange dreams at night were i see myself hiding in weird places.

I can always through it in her face though cause she bought me the game..

Im pretty rubbish at it as i have never played any games like this before been more into football games.

My gamer tag is Van Persi 1987 if you wanted to add me.

Might as well just get rid of your girlfriend now. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 06, 2010 1:41 pm

I like the new maps, but I don't like that fact you can't choose what game you want to play while using them.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Forest » Thu May 06, 2010 2:04 pm

ChVint22 wrote:I like the new maps, but I don't like that fact you can't choose what game you want to play while using them.

explain? so i choose new map C for example then it tells me what type of game im playing when its loading?

are they still worth it if you've played MW1?
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming