FIFA 19

FIFA 19

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:34 pm

Got this on early access the other day so i've played a fair bit of it.

What I will say is, thank f**k for that. It no longer feels like an arcade game. They've finally given us a FIFA that has been built for a more of the older audience and has got kids screaming.

It's all about game plans and timing. Gone are the days of button bashing.

Still taking time to get used to the timed shooting but I really like it so far. It's so much better than all these silly unrealistic goals when the ball is glued to a players feet and he's got the ball in on a turn.

It's very much like the gameplay of PES. You have to be patient in build up and make opportunities for yourself. You can no longer sprint like mad with a player that has 96 pace and expect to break through the midfield and defence.

Game plans are a massive game changer. You can finally install a structure to your side and edit it to the way you want your team to play.

Solid game for me so far that I can't really complain about yet.
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: FIFA 19

Postby Sims » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:00 am

Gettin it with a PS4 today

RIP to the Xbox been on that thing since the first one teabagging people on halo 2 pour one out for the homie
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Dejan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:33 am

Lol @ still buying fifa every year

Still waiting since 2014 for carreer mode changes. Wont buy until it happends

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby SuperJackyWilshere » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:00 am

Never play career mode so I’m not arsed about it.

I reckon it will get a big push next year though as it’s the next big thing to FUT
SuperJackyWilshere
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Zedie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:58 pm

SuperJackyWilshere wrote:Never play career mode so I’m not arsed about it.

I reckon it will get a big push next year though as it’s the next big thing to FUT

This is said every year.

Skipping this year as battlefield 5 and red dead 2 are coming out and I simply won't have the time to play FUT properly. Kinda relieved I could quit my part time FUT trading job tbf. I literally made millions on that game last year through trading
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:25 pm

Ozil has been downgraded apparently. Lelz.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:14 pm

↑ Özil was fine at 87. His current passing stats are comical in relation to the type of passes he is capable of making in real life.

Even those who had an amazing season didn't escape the anti-Arsenal downgrading spree. It started happening last year after Arsenal announced their deal with Konami (PES).

Despite scoring the second most League goals this calendar year, Auba's overall got downgraded from 88 to 87.

Monreal, arguably the best LB in the league last season saw his pace, physical and passing clipped. :dizzy:

Lacazette who vastly increased his endurance and strength got huge stamina/strength downgrades.

There are more clangers but these are the most obvious ones.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Zedie » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:50 pm

Zenith wrote:↑ Özil was fine at 87. His current passing stats are comical in relation to the type of passes he is capable of making in real life.

Even those who had an amazing season didn't escape the anti-Arsenal downgrading spree. It started happening last year after Arsenal announced their deal with Konami (PES).

Despite scoring the second most League goals this calendar year, Auba's overall got downgraded from 88 to 87.

Monreal, arguably the best LB in the league last season saw his pace, physical and passing clipped. :dizzy:

Lacazette who vastly increased his endurance and strength got huge stamina/strength downgrades.

There are more clangers but these are the most obvious ones.

Tbf last season we were shite but it doesn't excuse the few bright sparks that appeared over that time. Auba was defo a surprise.

How you guys finding it so far? Have they changed the gameplay much since 18?
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:06 am

Can’t finish for shit but like 12 wins 3 losses on FUT so far
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:51 am

Sims wrote:Can’t finish for shit but like 12 wins 3 losses on FUT so far

Double tap and double tap finesse shots no longer exist and the newly implemented 'timed finish' takes time to get the hang of.

Stick with regular finesse shots and power shots and when clean through, make sure not to release your shot too early like you were used to on FIFA 18.

Also, try to reach the byline with your winger and look for cutbacks, then go with a first time finish.

As for the basic skill moves, simple drag-backs and ball-rolls are still effective. Stop and turns also work when given enough space. When you're planning to cut inside in more confined areas, go with reversed stop and turns and/or spins.

Zedie wrote:Tbf last season we were shite but it doesn't excuse the few bright sparks that appeared over that time. Auba was defo a surprise.

How you guys finding it so far? Have they changed the gameplay much since 18?

Think of FIFA 18, but with new shooting mechanics, new behavior of the ball in general and a hugely increased chance of making recovery tackles. The passing system and mechanics aren't completely alien to FIFA 18 and are relatively easy to get the hang of.

Having said that, the gameplay often changes drastically after the first 2-3 patches.

Last year upon release the game was relatively balanced but EA mucked up with their second patch which made it possible for every half decent player to spam his way past his opponent with predictable, repetitive, albeit unstoppable passes because defenders had the on-field awareness of a cucumber.

Let's hope they get the balance right this year.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:15 am

I was getting the hang of it by the end of last night

Struggling with one on ones as finesses either go straight to tthebkeeper of just wide

Chips are very good this year tho. Been doing them accidentally trying to do a driven shot but scored some unreal goals
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Sims » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:26 pm

won all my division rivals or whatever matches and im in division 4

Burki; Arias, Murillo, Akanji, Guerreriro; Wass, Coquelin, Renato Sanches; Dembele, Ben Yedder, Guedes

is the team im rocking. I have it so it changes to a 41212 narrow in game with Dembele behind WBY & Guedes, works prety well
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:17 pm

Highly recommend a Chinese league hybrid team.

Carrasco, Jonathan Viera, Bakambu and Alex Teixeira are all dirt cheap and perform like 10-100k Premier League players.

All rapid AF, 4 star skillers and lethal in front of goal.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby StLGooner » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:18 pm

In Be A Pro mode, it seems easier than normal to be out of position. Especially as a CAM for Arsenal. it seems like when you don't have the ball, you just can't defend in the middle of the field or it will constantly lower your grade and say you're out of position. It looks like it may actually use real life tactics from Emery as it appears he expects the CAM to drop back along side the two DM's and defend near the wing. Anybody else experience that yet?

Even as a winger you can barely be out of position for a second and it's lowering your grade right away. Kind of annoying really, and not that realistic.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Zenith » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Gaming