Call of Duty

Call of Duty

Postby Younggooner08 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:36 am

What a steaning pile of $h1t3 this is. Anyone played it?
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: call of duty

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:26 am

yeh its awesome
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:29 am

Call of Duty went downhill 8 years ago - CoD5, developed by Treyarch was pure garbage and the series got gradually worse after that. Ridiculously easy to get the hang off and excellent graphics means more sales and that's exactly what the CoD series have become. 90-something % of the people who actively played vCoD, UO, CoD2 and CoD4 agreed on that according to a poll, released on tek-9.org a couple of years ago.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:50 am

Zenith wrote:Call of Duty went downhill 8 years ago - CoD5, developed by Treyarch was pure garbage and the series got gradually worse after that. Ridiculously easy to get the hang off and excellent graphics means more sales and that's exactly what the CoD series have become. 90-something % of the people who actively played vCoD, UO, CoD2 and CoD4 agreed on that according to a poll, released on tek-9.org a couple of years ago.

Not for me. It went downhill when it started to go modern, I like MW2 and maybe even Black Ops but it's just getting silly now. Jetpacks and lasers? I liked the original wars and guns.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:29 pm

COD4 will always be the best and by a million miles. However, this is easily the best one since. Got used to the Exo stuff now but still enjoy a bit of the classic modes when I can.

I hope this online streaming brings COD4 back for the PS4 without all the hacks.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby JordanTheGunner » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Mesüt wrote:COD4 will always be the best and by a million miles. However, this is easily the best one since. Got used to the Exo stuff now but still enjoy a bit of the classic modes when I can.

I hope this online streaming brings COD4 back for the PS4 without all the hacks.

1. Cod 5 (would be 2nd but for zombies)
2. Cod 6
3. Cod 4
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:24 pm

the zombies bit is terrible imo. WAW wasn't bad but the tanks were a bit gay. MW2 was decent with my mates on multiplayer but neither of them are near the level of 4 for me. Spent half my life on that game, knew every glitch and hiding spot in the book and dem maps have never been matched.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:36 pm

I like it. I mean the way matchmaking is at the moment is a steaming pile of shit but it's a nice refresher to what it once was. My KD on Black Ops 2 was around 2.05 (my most used gun was a pistol), now on AW after a6 hours is 1.4. So yeah a massive learning curve for me. My favourites:

1) CoD 4
2) Blops 2
3) WaW
4) Blops 1
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Zenith » Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:16 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:
Zenith wrote:Call of Duty went downhill 8 years ago - CoD5, developed by Treyarch was pure garbage and the series got gradually worse after that. Ridiculously easy to get the hang off and excellent graphics means more sales and that's exactly what the CoD series have become. 90-something % of the people who actively played vCoD, UO, CoD2 and CoD4 agreed on that according to a poll, released on tek-9.org a couple of years ago.

Not for me. It went downhill when it started to go modern, I like MW2 and maybe even Black Ops but it's just getting silly now. Jetpacks and lasers? I liked the original wars and guns.

I was talking about PC, unlike anything released after CoD4, these games were competitive. Never really understood why one would play fps games on a console/game-pad as it drags down the speed, level and intensity of the game massively. The main reason why there's never been a very competitive first person shooter on console.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby badup » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:22 pm

it's actually pretty decent on PC

the movement just doesn't work at all with the EXO suit movements on a controller
badup
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Cripps » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:32 pm

Last one I played was MW2.

Not been interested in any other since.
Cripps
SE13
SE13

Postby Younggooner08 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:25 pm

Sims wrote:I like it. I mean the way matchmaking is at the moment is a steaming pile of shit but it's a nice refresher to what it once was.

1) CoD 4
2) Blops 2
3) WaW
4) Blops 1

This Is what I refer to. Survival and campaign are good but finding a decent online game is so terrible.
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Santi » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:27 pm

What's the prob with matchmaking? All my games have been fine, the migrating host thing has happened a few times but it works way better than HOST t**t HAS ENDED GAME.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:47 am

Cod4 - first game I ever played MP on. The addiction was deep, loved that game and racked up serious hours on it.

MW2 and WAW were both top class, had loads of fun on those two.

Played black ops, switched to BFBC and never looked back. Will probably not pick up a MW title ever again, BF is just superior in all ways for me.

Couldn't be bothered with the whole nuke town mentality of the series in general once I discovered bullet drop and veee-hikles on battlefield.

Will probably get hardline a few months after it comes out (assuming that EA release an unfinished game again).
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby Caluminium » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:12 pm

JordanTheGunner wrote:1. Cod 5 (would be 2nd but for zombies)
2. Cod 6
3. Cod 4

This, World at War is my favourite CoD. Main reason is because I love the WW2 era, and the zombies mode was awesome too. MW2 was also a very good game.

Haven't bought any of the recent CoD's though since it all looks too futuristic for me with lasers and sh*t, seriously, calm down you're not Halo. They need to go back to the WW2 era and I might start buying them again.
Caluminium
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Next

Return to Gaming