Call of Duty

Re: call of duty

Postby Gunpowder » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Caluminium wrote:Haven't bought any of the recent CoD's though since it all looks too futuristic for me with lasers and sh*t, seriously, calm down you're not Halo. They need to go back to the WW2 era and I might start buying them again.

Same here. I'm okay with likes of MW (COD 4 was best imo) but WW2 would be better. News games are something else, Activision wants to milk the franchise.

What is your take on COD 3? I thought it was good even though IW wasn't involved.
Gunpowder
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Mesüt wrote:What's the prob with matchmaking? All my games have been fine, the migrating host thing has happened a few times but it works way better than HOST t**t HAS ENDED GAME.

The matchmaking puts skill based matchmaking as the top priority over connection & ping. Meaning you play people at the same level as you but at the cost of connection quality, which shouldn't happen imo. Connection quality should always be priority.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Really? Had some pretty shite people in my games, and a decent range too so no i'm not just shite ;)

Surprised that's how it works, I agree it should be based on connection first and foremost.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Mesüt wrote:Really? Had some pretty shite people in my games, and a decent range too so no i'm not just shite ;)

Surprised that's how it works, I agree it should be based on connection first and foremost.

Tbf if you've got host and their in Baghdad their gonna be shit regardless of how good they actually are. I've been a victim to it but it hasn't been helped by how shite Virgin are in Portsmouth at the minute.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Caluminium » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:09 pm

Gunpowder wrote:
Caluminium wrote:Haven't bought any of the recent CoD's though since it all looks too futuristic for me with lasers and sh*t, seriously, calm down you're not Halo. They need to go back to the WW2 era and I might start buying them again.

Same here. I'm okay with likes of MW (COD 4 was best imo) but WW2 would be better. News games are something else, Activision wants to milk the franchise.

What is your take on COD 3? I thought it was good even though IW wasn't involved.

Can't say mate, I started playing the CoD series since MW1 on my Xbox, but I feel like they've started going downhill after MW2 for some reason.

Let's hope the next CoD isn't yet another futuristic wannabe Halo called CoD: Extreme Warfare or something like that. :P
Caluminium
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby JordanTheGunner » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Caluminium wrote:
Gunpowder wrote:

Can't say mate, I started playing the CoD series since MW1 on my Xbox, but I feel like they've started going downhill after MW2 for some reason.

Let's hope the next CoD isn't yet another futuristic wannabe Halo called CoD: Extreme Warfare or something like that. :P

I have to agree, wars and guns > jetpacks and lasers.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:06 pm

You realise they have to keep it updated more than just the maps right? They can't sell a new game on what is purely DLC. I prefer the older COD4 and these jet packs are very different but it's still really fun and just another skill to get used to in the game. Otherwise after COD5 we'd be stuck and there would've been no more games. Can't criticise them for coming up with new stuff and I reckon the next one will be an older one again but they can't exactly go to medieval times for the game can they? :P

It still sells absolute millions and provides great fun, time has to move on and we can't just reproduce COD4/5 with new maps :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:44 pm

I would buy a remastered CoD 4 tbh.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Sims wrote:I would buy a remastered CoD 4 tbh.

Yeah now, but every year? :P

It's a shame the hacked servers ruined that, I was still playing it online when Blops was out. Still had a decent amount of people playing but 1 in every 3 games was a massive hackfest and everyone was gold prestige due to the hacks.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby JordanTheGunner » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:41 am

Mesüt wrote:You realise they have to keep it updated more than just the maps right? They can't sell a new game on what is purely DLC. I prefer the older COD4 and these jet packs are very different but it's still really fun and just another skill to get used to in the game. Otherwise after COD5 we'd be stuck and there would've been no more games. Can't criticise them for coming up with new stuff and I reckon the next one will be an older one again but they can't exactly go to medieval times for the game can they? :P

It still sells absolute millions and provides great fun, time has to move on and we can't just reproduce COD4/5 with new maps :)

I agree there has to be progression but look how FIFA has improved. COD 4/5 looks like a completely different game compared to these new ones. It's not the game I fell in love with anymore tbh.
Follow me on twitter @JordanLovesey!

The only proven winner in red and white at this club? Arsene Wenger. Sack the board.
JordanTheGunner
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Herrpoja » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Mesüt wrote:

It's a shame the hacked servers ruined that, I was still playing it online when Blops was out. Still had a decent amount of people playing but 1 in every 3 games was a massive hackfest and everyone was gold prestige due to the hacks.

play on pc then scrub loads of good servers up there but i agree played on xbox 360 like a year ago and automaticly got -2bazzilion xp and now i can't level up which pretty much broke it.

it's cheap to get on pc would be fun if we could gather some from this forum up for a game
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Captain » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:40 pm

What are the online maps like on this? Game developers seem to want to make them really big these days with to many hiding spots. Unless your a teenage with tons of time it's impossible to learn where the campers are likely to be.

Prefer the old days of World at War/COD4/Halo. Easy to pick up and play and have fun.
Last edited by Captain on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Santi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:47 pm

There are some small ones where you can hop across the map in about 3 seconds. Riot and that one which is like a rooftop map and you can kill yourself easily.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby badup » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Herrpoja wrote:
Mesüt wrote:

it's cheap to get on pc would be fun if we could gather some from this forum up for a game

:wave:
badup
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby maxgunner » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:22 pm

Zenith wrote:
JordanTheGunner wrote:
Zenith wrote:Call of Duty went downhill 8 years ago - CoD5, developed by Treyarch was pure garbage and the series got gradually worse after that. Ridiculously easy to get the hang off and excellent graphics means more sales and that's exactly what the CoD series have become. 90-something % of the people who actively played vCoD, UO, CoD2 and CoD4 agreed on that according to a poll, released on tek-9.org a couple of years ago.

Not for me. It went downhill when it started to go modern, I like MW2 and maybe even Black Ops but it's just getting silly now. Jetpacks and lasers? I liked the original wars and guns.

I was talking about PC, unlike anything released after CoD4, these games were competitive. Never really understood why one would play fps games on a console/game-pad as it drags down the speed, level and intensity of the game massively. The main reason why there's never been a very competitive first person shooter on console.

Totally agree with Zenith statement FPS are meant to be played on a PC without all the aiming aids you get on a console, for me the franchise died after CoD4.
maxgunner
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming