PS4

Re: PS4

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:46 pm

AFC10 wrote:Review on the ps4? Want to get mine on Friday when FIFA is out.

I've had mine a while now and tbh I haven't used it much. Mainly due to just being busy and not really feeling gaming over the past year or so. Part of the reason I bought it early in the first place was to try and get back into it. But FIFA 14 being as shit as it was, other games not doing it for me and personal life stuff all contributed.

Anyway as a system it's really good. It works just as you'd expect a modern bit of kit to. The UI is fast, games download and install quickly, they all manage themselves automatically ala steam. Games boot up in like 5 seconds, you can multitask easily, the twitch intergration is good, I will defo be streaming stuff in the future.

I just have a few gripes. Simple easy shit they should have thought about or fixed by now. The web browser is rubbish, flash doesn't work so you can't even view youtube videos. The battery life on the controllers is horrible and you cannot turn off the annoying light (these two things are clearly connected). You can't view media from flash drives or removable HDD's like you can with pretty much every other device including the PS3. Also whilst the streaming is great the other share features are currently broken. Lastly some of the promised features are still missing (suspend/resume)

So yeah good but needs work still

p.s. couple good deals for you folks http://www.hmvshop.co.uk/PS4-500GB-Cons ... 9e0df6266c

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4- ... -Deep_link
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 pm

So want to do this, but just won't get the time to dedicate, plus my boy is currently in his 'f**k with everything dad owns' phase.

He's killed my ps3 somehow, his little ninja fingers have Merked it somehow.

Also, Zedie junior number 2 is incoming in December, so I am truly doomed as far as time goes.

Counting the days until they are old enough to get into gaming, cars, football and other man stuff properly.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:12 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
AFC10 wrote:Review on the ps4? Want to get mine on Friday when FIFA is out.

I've had mine a while now and tbh I haven't used it much. Mainly due to just being busy and not really feeling gaming over the past year or so. Part of the reason I bought it early in the first place was to try and get back into it. But FIFA 14 being as shit as it was, other games not doing it for me and personal life stuff all contributed.

Anyway as a system it's really good. It works just as you'd expect a modern bit of kit to. The UI is fast, games download and install quickly, they all manage themselves automatically ala steam. Games boot up in like 5 seconds, you can multitask easily, the twitch intergration is good, I will defo be streaming stuff in the future.

I just have a few gripes. Simple easy shit they should have thought about or fixed by now. The web browser is rubbish, flash doesn't work so you can't even view youtube videos. The battery life on the controllers is horrible and you cannot turn off the annoying light (these two things are clearly connected). You can't view media from flash drives or removable HDD's like you can with pretty much every other device including the PS3. Also whilst the streaming is great the other share features are currently broken. Lastly some of the promised features are still missing (suspend/resume)

So yeah good but needs work still

p.s. couple good deals for you folks http://www.hmvshop.co.uk/PS4-500GB-Cons ... 9e0df6266c

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4- ... -Deep_link

Thankyou so much for that.

I was looking for a while last night for a Fifa 15 + PS4 deal but i couldn't find much at all! Seems to be a lot of xbox one deals. WIllbe getting right on that Friday.

I can't say the web browser or flash makes a big deal to me but on the other hand iv'e got a little concern for the controllers. They don't run off batteries do they? I don't think the lead will reach from my PS4 to my controller on my sofa ffs :(
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:57 pm

The battery life is ok if you ask me

Youre not gonna run empty by in a session if it was full before it started
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:12 pm

Dejan wrote:The battery life is ok if you ask me

How long do they take roughly to charge? Thinking of buying another controller.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Zedie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:25 am

Controllers are more than the games lol
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby AFC10 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:30 am

Zedie wrote:Controllers are more than the games lol

So i've noticed - f***ing joke!

To be fair i was expecting to pay around £400 for a PS4 and Fifa together but seeing that HMV deal it now gives me that option to buy one.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:16 pm

AFC10 wrote:
Dejan wrote:The battery life is ok if you ask me

How long do they take roughly to charge? Thinking of buying another controller.

Not sure, I think in less than 2 hours
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Really thinking about just sucking it up and getting a PS4 and just putting it on the credit card. Feel like I'm missing out on life!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby AFC10 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:01 am

Anyone got cod?

Got it last night after the Arsenal game - played a fair bit so far and I'm loving it so far. Probably start campaign at the weekend.
AFC10
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:21 am

AFC10 wrote:Anyone got cod?

Got it last night after the Arsenal game - played a fair bit so far and I'm loving it so far. Probably start campaign at the weekend.

Is that the one with Kevin Spacey?

Saw the trailer but I'm not really into the "modern" war games where they have all this crazy weapon/robot technology - at least it looks like the game has a decent story for once.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:02 am

the exo-jumping is terrible but it has classic modes which you can play without that shit.

got it on monday as I pre-ordered it, not got much time to play atm though due to work + an oral exam next week.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:05 pm

GTA VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:44 pm