New console war

Re: New console war

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Leody wrote:There are other factors that go into the price, like import costs and tariffs...

Shipping from China/Taiwan where all this shit is made to UK is about the same distance as US.

The UK price is the US price, plus VAT, plus £40. Just because they can.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:34 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
Leody wrote:There are other factors that go into the price, like import costs and tariffs...

Shipping from China/Taiwan where all this shit is made to UK is about the same distance as US.

The UK price is the US price, plus VAT, plus £40. Just because they can.

Well maybe the rest of the world just likes us more then. :smartass:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby ivan itchybum » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:37 pm

One good thing about halo 3 being free to download to gold members is that the servers will more than likely become much more populated again... Man, Halo 3 was in my opinion one of the best games ever...
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Microsoft have now totally gone back on all those policies. Big win for consumer rights. Retarded timing though and after they spent the last 10 days defending their decisions lol

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... day-report
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Xbox 180
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ivan itchybum » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Still costs too much for a poorer console though... Not sure what I'll get now.
gooney wrote: I will have a bet with anyone who is willing to take Newcastle will finish ahead of us...how about loser leaves the forum?

13th of May 2012 Arsenal beat West Brom 3-2 to finish 3rd ahead of Newcastle. Gooney is still yet to leave the forum...

"Have faith in Ramsey, he'll come good"
ivan itchybum
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Sims » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:43 pm

Thank you Microsoft you bunch of twats. Now I won't be the only person playing the Xbox One.
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Kyle? » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:52 pm

I don't see the need to upgrade tbh. The current TV's are at their limits graphically, so any console improvements are going to be minor.

The Xbox one sounds like a disaster though.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:07 pm

ivan itchybum wrote:Still costs too much for a poorer console though... Not sure what I'll get now.

Wii U

Kyle? wrote:I don't see the need to upgrade tbh. The current TV's are at their limits graphically, so any console improvements are going to be minor.

Do you really believe that? Diminishing returns is a thing, but it has very little to do with TV's
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Kyle? » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:10 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
ivan itchybum wrote:Still costs too much for a poorer console though... Not sure what I'll get now.

Wii U

Kyle? wrote:I don't see the need to upgrade tbh. The current TV's are at their limits graphically, so any console improvements are going to be minor.

Do you really believe that? Diminishing returns is a thing, but it has very little to do with TV's

It doesn't matter what hardware a console has, if a TV can't display it, then it's thoroughly pointless. You could make a console with the capability for 140000000000000000000000000p HD, but as the current TV visual limit is 1080p, it's pointless.
Fatal Descent
Spinning around
I've gone too far
To turn back round

Desperate attempt
Stop the progression
At any length
Lift this obsession

Arsenal In, Arsene Out
Kyle?
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:51 pm

Kyle? wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

Wii U

It doesn't matter what hardware a console has, if a TV can't display it, then it's thoroughly pointless. You could make a console with the capability for 140000000000000000000000000p HD, but as the current TV visual limit is 1080p, it's pointless.

But these consoles do not have the capability to go beyond 1080p anyway. Well - they could (and will for movies), but then the games would look crap and would run like shit. By the time consoles are powerful enough to actually push enough pixels for 4K, people will have those TV's.

It is literally a non-issue
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby lexalove » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:47 am

CynicalGooner wrote:Microsoft have now totally gone back on all those policies. Big win for consumer rights. Retarded timing though and after they spent the last 10 days defending their decisions lol

I find it astonishing that Microsoft didn't realise beforehand the strong negative reaction their DRM plans would get. Someone in their research and marketing department needs to get a P45!

Sent using Tapatalk 2
Let's Make Arsenal Great Again!

#CrookedKroenkeOut - #LyingGazidisOut - #CrazyWengerOut
lexalove
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Leody » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:55 am

CynicalGooner wrote:
Kyle? wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:

Wii U

But these consoles do not have the capability to go beyond 1080p anyway. Well - they could (and will for movies), but then the games would look crap and would run like shit. By the time consoles are powerful enough to actually push enough pixels for 4K, people will have those TV's.

It is literally a non-issue

Kyle, if you can't see the stark contrast between this gen and the PS4 and Xbox One then there's no point even talking about it... It's night and day.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:41 am

lexalove wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Microsoft have now totally gone back on all those policies. Big win for consumer rights. Retarded timing though and after they spent the last 10 days defending their decisions lol

I find it astonishing that Microsoft didn't realise beforehand the strong negative reaction their DRM plans would get. Someone in their research and marketing department needs to get a P45!

Sent using Tapatalk 2

They assumed Sony were going to do the same thing.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Sims » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Hahaha
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming