New console war

Re: New console war

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:12 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:There's no need to take a shit on console gaming just because you're a newly converted PC elitist. I have been a PC gamer for over 10 years and you know what? It's still a pain in the arse and probably always will be. Developers can still f**k you around by selling products that don't actually work. When everything comes together and stuff just works, it's great. But that is sadly a rarity. Whereas on a Playstation or Xbox, with perhaps 3 exceptions I can think of (Skyrim, BF4 and Bayonetta) games "just work". No bullshit involved.

Consoles will always have a place in my life regardless of how super powerful my computer is.

All true, no complaints there.

As I said earlier its all to do with requirement - What you want from your system.

As with my list that I gave earlier and why I went PC and sold the Xbox my requirements are pretty self explanatory and vastly in favor of a PC over a console so yes maybe I am pretty biased.

However consoles are not without problems themselves now, have you heard of the laundry list of issues coming out of the Xbox One camp? my mate had his for 3-4 day's then took it back for a PS4 as he kept getting booted out of BF4 online etc.

A lot of the issues as you say are caused by game developers not properly beta testing the damn games before release, because you can patch games now they are rushing releases and patching along the way, pretty disgraceful.

I got my first new gen game yesterday "Injustice: Gods among us Ultimate" and the graphics are pretty sweet, quite impressed with PC, played it flawlessly on max texture filtering and AA and I have not even upgraded yet.

May get BF4 or COD Ghosts soon, not made up my mind which yet.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:37 pm

so f***ing tempted to buy a ps4!!!!

I must hold on until january at least!!!
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby kronickaos » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Dejan wrote:so f***ing tempted to buy a ps4!!!!

pretty sure PS4 will kill your TV bro.
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Dejan » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:29 pm

kronickaos wrote:

you havent seen my new tv then.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby kronickaos » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:33 am

Dejan wrote:
kronickaos wrote:

you havent seen my new tv then.

post a pic mofo!
kronickaos
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:57 am

Will the xbox one have a proper browser? If I buy one could I get a wireless keyboard and use it for general browsing, shopping etc instead of buying a laptop?

I mean, I know it does have a browser but is it a genuine substitute for a laptop. Is it genuinely good or just an afterthought?

Ive also heard you can run sky through it. Does that mean I could ditch my sky box as well?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:15 am

UFGN wrote:Will the xbox one have a proper browser? If I buy one could I get a wireless keyboard and use it for general browsing, shopping etc instead of buying a laptop?

I mean, I know it does have a browser but is it a genuine substitute for a laptop. Is it genuinely good or just an afterthought?

Ive also heard you can run sky through it. Does that mean I could ditch my sky box as well?

Both the new consoles have browsers. I know you can hook up a keyboard to the PS3 and PS4 I don't know about the Xbox. But console browsers are pretty crap.

As for the Sky thing, no, it just means you can plug your cable box into the Xbox. And watch Sky or whatever through the Xbox (f**k knows why you'd want to). It has no digital receiver of any kind of its own.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:01 am

UFGN wrote:Will the xbox one have a proper browser? If I buy one could I get a wireless keyboard and use it for general browsing, shopping etc instead of buying a laptop?

I can confirm although it has a web browser you will not be able to view any type of visual/ video content.

Xbox & PS4 do not have or can have Adobe Flash hence why visual content is absent from their internet browser so its not a total substitute for a PC/ Laptop.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:32 am

Thanks for the explanations. So much for the 'one' tag. It seems just like all previous consoles...... cutting edge gaming but all the other features are half baked
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Previous

Return to Gaming