Huge bug in FIFA 12 demo

Postby elkanofan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:38 pm

:|
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Re: Huge bug in FIFA 12 demo

Postby Leody » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:15 pm

Same story every year. Each new FIFA comes with new bugs and old bugs that have been around for ages. They all are unpolished and rushed.

At least this is still just a demo version, so it may or may not be in the final version.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Not sure why the guy running up and down the peno box thinks its a 'bug' or what not, game is designed to be more realistic and less terminator like.

You can call it a bug but the player is a bug because you generally dont do that in football!
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Its me running up and down the penalty box because the CPU cannot close you down tightly enough, lol read the text in the video.

So you score one goal and just run about the penalty box and CPu wont tackle you.

not just that it's too easy to keep the ball away from the CPU, i scored with Wiedenfeller there the dortmund keeper as if he was Lionel Messi on crack, that was a 25 pass move around barcelona on World class with Dortmunds reserves :biggrin:
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reverend Gooner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:14 pm

I thought this was going to be the crazy physics bug

Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:29 pm

That's not a bug though, just the way the game is. You'll never get a football sim, but not many teams will press that high anyway. What's less realistic, that or every team pressing like barca on speed from the 1st minute to the last?

There will be plenty of real bugs to complain about though, EA's quality assurance is poo
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:37 pm

As Cyn says you wont get a real football game sim but how often do teams go one nil up then Rio/Terry/TV just run up and box the peno box?

may be a glitch but i think the games designed like that, try doing that when your one nil down and see if you win?
Scoring is random on FIFA anyways and always has been as the GK's stats and prob the same as a league two player.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby elkanofan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Dude, PES 1 and 2 didn't have this issue, i don't even think ISS Evolution had this. So why in the year 2011 EA cannot get a simple thing like that right it's accpetable?

the problem isn't really just spriting around your area it's just how easy the game is to keep the ball and the CPU just stands off 10 or so yards away. It affecting and f***ing up the entire game mechnic which is the issue.

The balance is f***ked, and it will render single player unplayable which is a concern, and typical EA really.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Forest » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:56 pm

Right just played the first half on max difficulty, i can tell you they didnt stand off me unless im at my goal and in fact im 2-0 down.

Do that dribbling thing in their peno box and show me a video of them standing off because im failing to see your point im afraid.

Anyone else understand his point?
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Herrpoja » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:04 pm

the ai in fifa has never been good imo just look at pes 12 or even pes 6 has better ai.
really only the online play has ever been better in fifa since it barely lags at all
Herrpoja
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Forest wrote:Right just played the first half on max difficulty, i can tell you they didnt stand off me unless im at my goal and in fact im 2-0 down.

Do that dribbling thing in their peno box and show me a video of them standing off because im failing to see your point im afraid.

Yes, his point is to ridicule EA/FIFA every chance he gets cause he's a PES fan. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Forest » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Is that demo out yet on xbox? pes 10 was shite so didnt even bother trying 11.
@Coulston17

Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Herrpoja wrote:the ai in fifa has never been good imo just look at pes 12 or even pes 6 has better ai.
really only the online play has ever been better in fifa since it barely lags at all

PES opponent AI is rubbish. Team mate AI is slightly better as they actually make runs but overall theres far more game breaking issues than on fifa. And the goalkeepers are worse than a drunk blindfolded Almunia
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Forest wrote:Right just played the first half on max difficulty, i can tell you they didnt stand off me unless im at my goal and in fact im 2-0 down.

:lol: how the hell did you conceide two goals in a half? The most i've concieded in a game is one. every match i've played on the demo has been 0-0, 1-0 and 1-1.

it's very easy to defend, just mark the striker and not press any buttons and your team will eventually win the ball, then just keep the ball using L1 and L2 with close control and you can score like i did with Wiedenfeller like Messi.

ChVint22 wrote:

Yes, his point is to ridicule EA/FIFA every chance he gets cause he's a PES fan. ;)

EA ridicule themselevs :sneaky2:

Much like Konami did with PES 2008, 2009, etc.. anyway this is about improving fifa, there's another thread for PES related issues. I mentied PES eariler because getting game balance right isn't impossible whic EA seem incaperble of doing for some reason.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Zedie » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:42 pm

And your on world class? Cant see it but ill try it, was battling with Arsenal vs Barca on Worldclass and won 2 games 2-1 through taking my chances (all 2 of them!) and last ditch defending at times.

Other games they killed me 4-0 with unstoppable passing and dribbling w/ pace. They just pass straight through you....
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Gaming